Robert Shapiro

Will Rep Lindsay Lohan

7/14/2010 8:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned famed lawyer Robert Shapiro will represent Lindsay Lohan in her jail saga, but we're told Shapiro's plan is not to appeal Lindsay's 90-day jail sentence.

0905_Lindsay_Lohan_Robert_Shapiro_TMZ_ex_08

Sources say Shapiro, who was part of the team that successfully repped O.J. Simpson, will try to convince Judge Marsha Revel to put Lindsay in a rehab facility and either eliminate or minimize jail.

Shapiro, whose son died of a drug overdose in 2005, has a lot of experience with rehab facilities and we're told he has a specific plan for Lindsay, and a specific place in mind -- a live-in rehab facility in which Shapiro is involved.  Shapiro created a foundation to help people deal with drug and alcohol problems, named after his son -- The Brent Shapiro Foundation.

Shapiro was hired in a nick of time.  Lindsay is supposed to turn herself in on Tuesday.

0708_lohan_footer_55

Delmar

Oh really, TMZ. You already told us that 3 other lawyers were hired by Lindsay.

Sunshine

Instead of his son he should have kicked bucket and join Cochran and Kardashian in hell.
At least he and OJ are in their own private hell right here on earth.

Lindsay Lohan

Dear Tmz Readers
This is real lindsay lohan speaking:
thank u for supporting me. Im confident that Im not going to jail. I dont care what they think of me, anyways. Im lucky to have my family and friends believing in me and support me all the way.

Nicole

that's probably why she wanted to be friends with Kim K. He was close to her father! hellooo he's who they called with Khloe got a dui!!

Posted at 5:33 PM on Jul 14, 2010 by Ally

Lol i know and then she staged it again for their show ha ha
Then she violated probation by not picking up trash or something and got sentenced to 30 days but spent 4 hours because of overcrowding

Catherine Malllory

Although I agree Lindsay needs REHAB, Lindsay is not going to be READY for REHAB until her little princess crown has crumbled. That is what JAIL is for, it is HUMILITY training, it is the quickest way of seeing what "the other side" of life is all about.
I am so HOPING that the judge will not be impressed by Mr. Shapiro's name and no doubt tactics that make his idea look keen.
LINDAYS NEEDS TO GO TO JAIL..SIT BY HERSELF, and figure a few things out. It is the only HOPE she has for being sucessful in REHAB and LIFE.
To let the girl off, is a great disservice, not only to Americans who DO "get" how the law works, but for Lindsay, herself.
I speak from experience when I say, Jail can be a very GOOD thing.
Good luck Lindsay, pull your head out of your booty, girl.

Carvey

"34. Dear Tmz Readers
This is real lindsay lohan speaking:
Posted at 5:35 PM on Jul 14, 2010 by Lindsay Lohan"

You, unfortunately, may not serve more than a couple of hours, but you will go to jail. You're foolish for trying to get out of doing time because if you are successful at avoiding jail you will completely and forever alienate a public which is already thoroughly sickened by your egotistical and entirely baseless sense of entitlement. Do the time, mean girl.

pam

Rehab is as good as jail as far as I'm concerned. As long as she is locked up and forced to stay for at least six months. Just sitting in a cell and making scrapbooks isn't going to help her become accountable for her actions. She needs therapy and a nice long probation that includes some humbling living conditions and a ****ty job.

bring back recent posts

Sunshine.....do u recall the look on Kardashian's face when the not guilty ws stated? he was SHOCKED..he wanted conviction!

lee

Man! You people are hateful.
There by the grace of God go YOU! Shame on you all.hame

Kelli_remembered

I'm shocked and utterly disappointed with Mr. Shapiro!!
after all he went through losing Brent, he's now going to enable this addict. I trust him on the rehab part & agree she needs long term inpatient care, but only AFTER she does her jail time. why is she even whining about it? they've already said she wont do the full time. IE: Paris

It's not like Lindsey hasnt been to rehab before. Lindsey needs jail time to fully understand the consequences of HER actions. she's still riding the
'i dont know why this is happening to ME' train.

I hope this judge does not give way to Mr. Shapiro's well known name and legal rep.

god, no wonder 17 thousand die each year (including my own daughter) to drunk drivers. someone always jumps in to get them out of taking responsibility for their own actions.

CAA

HIRED? HOW does one who is so broke they got a PUBLIC DEFENDER HIRE the likes of Shapiro?

TMZer

I think that Lindsey is weak and needs to toughen up, this criminal case of hers has been dragging on since 07 and she just keeps manipulating the tax dollars to avoid consequences. Suck it up lil girl, you play and get caught, you will pay!

Woody Nelson

Bob Shapiro is the man! There must be some improprieties coming from the bench and I hope they nail the judge.

Help us help @LindsayLohan join this Facebook Fan Page http://bit.ly/c4Y1zL plz RT help us get her on SNL again!

kb

he might be just the best thing for her, but the family has to stick with him until lindsay gets through her problem

Charlotte

She needs to be beat with a bull whip!! Maybe that will work. Just like in the Old English Day!!!!!!!!!!!