« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Erin Andrews Suit: Hotels Were Peeper Friendly

7/15/2010 5:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Erin Andrews just sued a string of hotels for allegedly giving her stalker easy access to secretly record the ESPN reporter.

0715_erin_andrews_BN

In the civil lawsuit, filed in State Court in Chicago, Andrews claims the hotels -- which include Marriott and Radisson -- gave Michael David Barrett her room number and allowed him to check into adjacent rooms. Barrett recorded Andrews through modified peepholes in her hotel room doors.

Attorney Marshall Grossman -- who repped Erin during Barrett's stalking trial -- tells TMZ, "Erin filed the lawsuit to send a message to hotel chains that they need to exercise greater care in protecting their guests. She was seriously harmed by what happened there."

In the suit, Andrews claims negligence, infliction of emotional distress, and invasion of privacy.

0715_erin_andrews_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jacko Whackedit

whining beetch won't shut up. here's $20 to go away.

Hutch

Huh? Oh, I'm sorry Erin. Did everyone stop paying attention to you?

enolam

I think the only reason that most of us have even heard of Erin Andrews was because of this incident. She certainly would not have been on Dancing With the Stars if this han not happened and isn't she going to be a correspondent on Good Morning America? I know this experience was traumatic but she has benefited quite a bit from it!

Chun LI

I wish this famewhore would go away. She's not even hot!

SunshiningTC

IF I were her stalker I'd sue her for making this lame w**re famous 'cause I NEVER heard of her before this lame story.

Darvon

I guess this means, no more videos..... :o(

ErinAndrewsIsAFameWhore

this bitch is gonna milk this for all it's worth. her daddy could never have made her as famous as her peeper.

Noel

The hotels were in the wrong, she has a right to bitch. God forbid any of you have yourself or your daughters taped w/o consent.

spearit

I see from reading most of the post the there are a lot of male chauvinist a-holes still. Think if this woman was your sister or wife and some stalker did this to her. Even without the video you have to think that this guy could have just as easily raped and killed her with the info the hotels gave him and the access they gave him. Come on guys wake up to the 21st century.

you're truly the devil

what a serious case of man-face - now everybody sing!

ohreally

lmaooo what a bull**** case

ohreally

oh nevermind, i didnt know they just gave them info about her.. they shouldn't do that

i thought she was tr ying to sue cuz maybe there was some windows or something open or whatever.. disregard my last post.

mindie

She parlayed a peeping into fame. I despise this woman.

noneofyourbusiness

I didn't even know who (like most of the world) she even was before all this happened. I feel bad for what happened due to embarassment it caused, but she seemed to get over it pretty fast by placing herself in the limelight. Everyone has motives.......Honey, you need to get over yourself already.

Jas

This chick is annoying. I watch ESPN every day, and I never knew her name before this. She is the worst sports anchor/reporter ESPN has, she dresses like a whore...showing everything but pum pum to a bunch of athletes like she is trying to stumble into a rich, athlete-husband as if she can't find any clothes that doesn't show just about everything. GO AWAY SCRAWNY DUMB BLONDE.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments