Lindsay Lohan Checks Herself In

7/15/2010 11:36 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is apparently trying to blunt her 90-day jail sentence by moving in to a sober living house.

0221_media_removed-1
Lohan was spotted entering a facility in West Hollywood yesterday afternoon. Lohan's mother, sister and Sam Ronson were seen at the facility later that day.

As we first reported, attorney Robert Shapiro has been hired to help Lindsay either reduce or eliminate her jail sentence.

TMZ broke the story ... Shapiro is trying to push rehab immediately hoping it will satisfy Judge Marsha Revel.

Part of Lindsay's sentence was to check into rehab for 90 days after serving the jail time, but this appears to be an example of putting the cart before the horse.

UPDATE: Michael Lohan tells TMZ, "Why is that I had to cry from the mountain for Lindsay to listen to me, and now finally she is doing what I said?

I just pray they implement everything else I said, like getting Lindsay clean of all meds, picking all new friends and management, and that Dina put her motives aside and she go to counseling with Lindsay and me."

jane

hope that spares the weary and overburdened california taxpayer from paying room and board for another celebrity.

the sea

Once again, she doesn't want to do what the judge ordered her to do.

Does Shapiro think this will make the judge happy? More like the opposite.

becky

OMG... did we not see this coming? She will do anything to get out of serving her time. She will go to rehab and take it just as seriously as she did those classes the Judge ordered her to do. She needs to serve her time... if not she will think she can do what ever when ever because all she would have to do is whine a little, get a good lawyer and call it a day. I'm all for her getting rehab help but AFTER the brat serves her time.

OhMyGoodGolly

I hope that she does go to jail. It will be good for her and show her that there are consequences to her actions! She isn't taking any of this seriously & I don't believe that her checking into a "live in" rehab place is done by the good of her heart (how many times has she been in rehab now? what good has it done in the past?). She is just trying to get out of trouble & she's only going to get into more down the road if she is not slapped on the hand and taught to do better (i.e. JAIL!) & to leave the drugs and alcohol in her past. I really do hope, for her sake and her safety, that she does get off of everything she is on and becomes sober.

UnknownUser

is it me or what all thou i know she did drugs years ago , but i am having a hard time believing that she is some hard core drug addict. yeah i know she did something really outrageous 3 years ago , and i wont make excuses for her since my cousins daughter was killed by some one on drugs who was in and out of drug treatments . but i do not see the med's that she is taking now as being excessive ...
Posted at 9:04 AM on Jul 15, 2010 by peter
________________________________________________________________

What's important is not what she's on right now but rather her state of mind. Without the scram bracelet and the drug testing, she would have been doing a line of blow with a glass of vodka as we speak.
She was able to manage the physiological aspects of withdrawals but she's still on the right path toward complete self-destruction.

Whatever

This probably works better for Lindsay because she can smoke at rehab and not in jail. Send her to jail, the little beyotch. She deserves it for breaking probation. Treat her like a regular person.

timid

Will she screw this up too?

Unless she truly wants help, it ain't gonna work.

sobeyondcaring

Sounds to me like she's doing a medically supervised 3-4 day detox so she doesn't go into convulsions from withdrawal when she hits the jail cell. That would be a smart thing to do for her health, so it was obviously orchestrated by someone else. (Shapiro?) Oh wait, why would she need to detox since in her sworn statement she "doesn't do drugs" ?

Whatever the reason, it doesn't have any bearing on the jail-then-rehab sentence already imposed. And she will be arrested if she doesn't show to turn herself in @ 8:30am on Tues.

becky

Oh Wait!!! Isn't a sober house a place you go to after rehab?

Marti

What a lot of people are forgetting about is what got Lindsay in trouble in the first place. 2 DUIs, Cocaine possesson, reckless driving. And to top that off she tried to blame it all on someone else. That is what she is going to jail for, not just her probation violation. When you violate probabtion you end up with the jail time instead.

Glenda

What plot.
You think for one minute this Judge will buy it. She does not seem like a Judge that takes this garbage.

Lindsay being able to come and go, and have visitors while she's trying to get sober is a joke. That's what she and her family and friends all consider this. If your trying to get sober, you should have no contact with anyone for at least 30 days, and not be able to leave anytime you want.

dee

Oh for gods sake, your prima donna days are over. Shapiro is a real s*** to do this, he is putting where she can leave, and still take her drugs, what kind of help is that - she is NOT SEEKING ANY HELP. She will be an old hag soon and croak from her lifestyle. Such a nice mom pushing her the wrong way in life and her dad exposed her for what she is and he ended up the bad guy - all because she is in FULL BLOWN DENIAL - hope the judge will not make a mockery of her and the judicial sysem as she has already down and slams down her gavel - they she can owe Shapiro a bundle if he didn't already work out a deal for interviews and he get paid then.

Shayne

I hope the judge doesn't let her get out of going to jail just because of this stunt!!!!!!!!!!

pink glitter

What a real bunch of HATERS* Miss Lohan will NOT I repeat NOT go to jail...The judge will understand that this course of action is simply the best for me

Man

The Judge Went Over Board I Was On Probation And When I Violated I Had To Go To Jail For 48 Hours And Then Start Probation Over Again The First Time I Had To Go to Jail And Start Probation Again I Got My Sh it Together Especially After Having To Start Probation Again After 2 Years