Robyn Gibson Supports Mel in Court

7/15/2010 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's soon-to-be ex-wife, Robyn, has written a sworn declaration on behalf of Mel, saying he has never physically abused her or any of their children in the 28 years they were married ... TMZ has learned.

0714_mel_gibson_robyn_ex_getty
We've learned in the declaration, Robyn writes, "Mel never engaged in any physical abuse of any kind toward me before, during or after our marriage."  Robyn also says there was never any domestic violence perpetrated by Mel against any of their children.

Yesterday, Robyn was spotted out running errands in Malibu.

0910_media_removed_Mel_Gibson
We've learned the declaration was filed with the court this morning.  We're told Robyn's declaration will also be submitted to the L.A. County Sheriff's Department when Mel's lawyers present their evidence to deputies next week.

In the 1-page declaration, Robyn acknowledges that she is divorcing Mel but says,  "Mel was a wonderful and loving father."

Robyn -- who is widely respected in Hollywood -- could ultimately be very powerful ammo for Mel.

0715_robyn_gibson_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Miss Cali

The Russian skank is going to fall flat on her ugly plastic face!

areyoukiddingme

Maybe he was never actively psychotic before. It goes to show, this horrible disease is no reflection on what type of person you are. It could happen to anyone.

Juan

$ure bet... He'$ her gravy train.

What is $he $upppose to $ay?

Juan

do you think she had plastic surgery on her face?

momof1

Even if Mel didn't act like a tool to his ex of 28 yrs doens't mean he isn't now...I love it when women stand behind their ex who dumped them. Mel is a psycho and needs help...

jj

THIS SAYS IT ALL TO ME. OKSANA IS A MANIPULATIVE CONNIVING LIAR. IF MEL HAS NEVER PHYSICALLY ABUSED HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN OF 28 YEARS I SMELL SOMETHING VERY FISHY. SHE IS LYING SHE SHOULD BE THROWN IN JAIL FOR CONTEMP AND EXTORTION, I knew it from the get go. I'm totally on TEAM MEL. MEL hang in there this women needs to be in jail

sara

Doesn't matter what she says... he's on tape admitting to hitting Oksana (while holding their two month old)... ranting and raving.

And further more, I really doubt it. He's a raging drunk--no doubt Robin saw this in their marriage. She just doesn't want his reputation totally trashed because she doesn't want people thinking she's a victim of domestic violence.. or to hurt their kids by them having had a psycho Dad. Unfortunately, Mel has already trashed his own reputation--and has nobody to blame but himself.

Miss Cali

He wouldn't rage against Robyn because she didn't gold dig.

It's clear why he is angry in the tapes. He was used and taken advantage of.

CINDY

Hurray! Glad to see Robyn will be there supporting Mel! Remember what the gold diggin' snake did to her marriage? Wrecked it. Glad to see her on his side and I hope she can forgive him for what he did to their marriage. I'm sure he has regrets. Prayin' for them! And prayin' the gold digger is shipped back in snake infested cargo ship back to Russia.

kritterkins

Its about damn time she showed up. I was wondering when his ex was going to show up. In all the years they were married you never heard anything other than Mel being a loving father. Besides, women can drive men to do psychotic things yet they would never hurt the children, or vise versa. I've had my moments where my spouse probably wanted me buried in a garden but that doesn't mean he'd hurt my kids... those tapes show her all calm and collected because she knows she was being recorded. Its bull****!

Klipper

Good lord, you TMZ writers really know how to beat a story to death. I hate when stories like this happen because these Entertainment sites turn to crap.

Mark

Why would an estranged ex-wife speak up on behalf of her ex-husband other than to tell the truth?

cali

Mel told Diane Sawyer he has always had an out of control temper and dosent know where it comes from

Miss Cali

Juan- she did. Google pictures of her when she was younger. She has cheek implants, fake lips and something is different in the brow area as well. Possible brow lift.

Violette-Blue

Team Robyn! Thank you! I knew it. They had been married for nearly 30 years and you never ever heard anything about that relationship. You go girl! Support your ex. Proof to that Russian ho and her supporters that these are all false allegations.
I still think Mel needs serious help and should get it asap.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments