Robyn Gibson Supports Mel in Court

7/15/2010 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's soon-to-be ex-wife, Robyn, has written a sworn declaration on behalf of Mel, saying he has never physically abused her or any of their children in the 28 years they were married ... TMZ has learned.

0714_mel_gibson_robyn_ex_getty
We've learned in the declaration, Robyn writes, "Mel never engaged in any physical abuse of any kind toward me before, during or after our marriage."  Robyn also says there was never any domestic violence perpetrated by Mel against any of their children.

Yesterday, Robyn was spotted out running errands in Malibu.

0910_media_removed_Mel_Gibson
We've learned the declaration was filed with the court this morning.  We're told Robyn's declaration will also be submitted to the L.A. County Sheriff's Department when Mel's lawyers present their evidence to deputies next week.

In the 1-page declaration, Robyn acknowledges that she is divorcing Mel but says,  "Mel was a wonderful and loving father."

Robyn -- who is widely respected in Hollywood -- could ultimately be very powerful ammo for Mel.

0715_robyn_gibson_footer

Idiot!

Wow, has she let herself go. She was hot when younger, but she's gotten fat & jowly. Too bad; from what I've heard, she's a great lady.

areyoukiddingme

I've worked with mentally ill people, and some of them are the nicest people you could ever meet. I believe that he was a good father and a good man. There is nothing contradicting about it. It just goes to show the nature of mental illness. It affects good people every day.

SallyChi

Folks, he's broke. He admits it on the tape. And he spent a lot of money on Oksana, but that's his fault, should never have left the wife for a younger woman. Younger women cost more money than the wives.

chris

Robyn may be making this statement as her divorce is not yet final...Regardless of her "standing behind Mel", HE was the one who "ruined" their 28 yr marriage, HE was the one who spewed anti-semetic comments, HE was the one who ADMITTED ON TAPE that he punched the OX, HE is the one who has caused all this.

Dont forget people the "pre-nup" (for lack of a better term) that Oksana signed stated if they broke up she would not get money....so how is she a gold digger if she knowningly signed the agreement?

Regardless of Robyn's participation, Mel has put himself in a BAD situation - it's HIS fault.

His career is OVER

china Doll

Lets not start criticizing Robyn and her looks or hte possibility of plastic surgery. She has nothing to do with this scenario. She is a victim in all of this.

Even if Mel did not physically abuse Robyn, I don't for a second believe he didn't blow up and talk to her in this manner, which in itself is a form of mental and emotional abuse. However, Robyn and Oksana are two entirely different people. Robyn seems to have been very low key, submissive and in line with his religious views (or why else would she have 7 kids with him). If you look at several old photos of them together at events, she was always heavily covered (wearing shawls and capes, etc.) and very modest in how she dressed. I think Mel's problem is the problem most men have...they have the perfect wife for 20+ years but want them to look like they did when they met. Everything is right about their wife, but she isn't 20 years old anymore. It's sad. He should have just stayed with his wife and I think he sees that now and it, along with Oksana's manipulation and his alcoholism, is the reason he's gone off the deep end.

Mark

Robyn has no incentive to speak up on Mel's behalf. She's getting her hefty divorce settlement whether she testifies in this case or not.

Robyn is way more credible than the gold digger.

PhilipMarkum

*** TEAM MEL AS OF 3:01 PM EST - SEND OKSANA "BACK TO THE USSR" AS THE BEATLES SAY ***

MeggieP

Why is Robyn "widely respected" in Hollywood?

Mark

Oksana's career of scamming wealthy men is over, and she knows it.

azlee

She probably was talking to the lawyers, you have to do all this right or it doesn't work. I kind of wish they would get back together, but maybe not. She is still his businss partner from what I read.

The last portion I listened to was Mel saying he couldn't get like this and she would say something and he would yell. I also didn't get where he said he hit her, he never said that straight out. He said something about deserving it but the conversation was going so fast I thought it was for a couple of things right before. But he did't say I did it straight out.

Dani

It's been said, don't know if it's true or not but, I would believe it....that Robyn kept Mel "grounded". That she in a way, kept him in line. I bet that's true. He's said in the past that she was the one who had the strong relationship with their faith and religion (with God) at times when he didn't.

That it was her who kept him in the straigt and narrow and when their marriage fell apart or started to around 2006 (around the DUI) is when he started to unravel. The drunked DUI rant in 2006 and then hooking up with Oskana around then too. The beginning of the end for Mel. He was with Robyn for so long that these NEW emotions of love and break-up are so new and foreign (no pun intended) to him, it's like a kid in a candy shop, he's lost all control of his emotions. Maybe, he is bipolar or something but, weird it comes out after being grounded in a stable relationship for so long and when it ends and new adventures come and go....so does he?!? just weird....

Dee

Silly people. He ADMITS it. Oh really? I hear words on a tape, is the tape legit? Well we don't know that yet do we? All I know is that when your EX makes a statement like that, it sure has a lot of weight behind it. I think the truth will come out in the end. but I don't think we have heard it all yet.

We know what Oksana has claimed but other than that, we don't know much. Maybe the other story about her running around the yard while holding the baby and then shaking it IS true? Her dentist has already said that it was veneers, not teeth. Who is to say she didn't lose the venners running around? Maybe they got knocked out as they were wrestling for the baby? Maybe Oksana is stark raving nuts and drove him to be someone he isn't. The thing is, right now everything is maybe's. Pictures of a bruised baby...that does NOT mean HE bruised the baby. I have a gut feeling (and I'm usually dead on) that Oksana is not going to come out of this smelling like a flower. People are so quick to accuse without proof that I think they are totally forgetting that maybe, just maybe, Oksana is one wicked witch. Now I'm not saying he did not go overboard on tapes...but I can clearly tell she was pushing buttons.

Kim

I think Oksana is trying to get as much money from Mel because her "singing" career never went anywhere even with all of Mels money. That woman should be paying Mel money for that album she did that he paid for, the videos he directed for her and he was able to get one of her songs onto his movie. And I think RadarOnline is responsible for editing the tapes. They needed them to be as dirty and incrinating as they could be so they could get more publicity and money from them. Why else would RadarOnline be the only source for all the other media outlets talking about this.

Julie

clearly this woman never stood up to Mel...how many times did he knock her up?.....he said in the tapes that he "left his wife because they did not have a shared spiritual base"....so obviously there was conflict...she just happens to be the type to keep secrets...I have a sister like this too....she puts on a huge front and makes everyone think her family is perfect....then her husband left her for another woman ( a biker chick and my sister prim and proper and religious)...she was so humiliated when she had to come clean....btw, my brotherinlaw turned into a complete freakk....or just allowed his freak to come out finally

Juan

either way.. mel is a racist.
his dad is one of those that don't believe the holocost happened.

he must have beat the holly b jesus out of mel when he was growing up and taught him to be just the way he is...

check it out..mel's dad is more s*** than mel is..

....and if i wasn't for the fact that mel has more cash available than GE so he can finance his own fawcking movies he would never work again..

ironic, he made his fortune on a movie about jesus.. who was a very peaceful guy.

mel is ignorant ... even if this broad pushed all his buttons i am sure he went off on her ... just as he went off on the lady cop with the ''sugar t's" or the other cop that stopped him that was jewish.

figure it out... he is from austrailia... the country that england sent all their criminals to to get rid of them.