Robyn Gibson Supports Mel in Court

7/15/2010 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's soon-to-be ex-wife, Robyn, has written a sworn declaration on behalf of Mel, saying he has never physically abused her or any of their children in the 28 years they were married ... TMZ has learned.

0714_mel_gibson_robyn_ex_getty
We've learned in the declaration, Robyn writes, "Mel never engaged in any physical abuse of any kind toward me before, during or after our marriage."  Robyn also says there was never any domestic violence perpetrated by Mel against any of their children.

Yesterday, Robyn was spotted out running errands in Malibu.

0910_media_removed_Mel_Gibson
We've learned the declaration was filed with the court this morning.  We're told Robyn's declaration will also be submitted to the L.A. County Sheriff's Department when Mel's lawyers present their evidence to deputies next week.

In the 1-page declaration, Robyn acknowledges that she is divorcing Mel but says,  "Mel was a wonderful and loving father."

Robyn -- who is widely respected in Hollywood -- could ultimately be very powerful ammo for Mel.

0715_robyn_gibson_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39

Lupiechez

The warning bells were ringing LOUDLY for Mel after Paul McCartny's alledged experience with the one called Linda. Add to this the pain of guilt driven home by the RC religious teachings would have Mel on the brink of madness. A near 30 year marriage and 7 wonderful perfect gifts from God gave Mel and Robyn a life style envied by most of the worlds population

JoshNJennasMom

As a mother I wish both of these goofs would grow up. I do not think either is being completely honest. If he hurt her - throw the book at him. If she is using their child to extort him - throw a bigger book at her. I can't stand it when couples use the kids as bait. They are kids they do not need to hear the crap that parents spew at each other.

katie

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS WOMEN;I DO NOT BELIEVE ONE WORD FROM THIS WOMEN;SHE TALKS ABOUT MEL SICK WHAT THE HECK DOES SHE THINK SHE IS.I THINK IF A WOMEN IS HIT SHE CALLS THE POLICE;SHE DOES NOT RECORD EVERY ARGUEMENT THAT THEY HAVE,PEOPLE ARGUE SAY HORRIBLE TO ONE ANOTHER AND,JUST AS MEAN AS SHE HAS SAID THAT MEL DID.I AM SICK TO DEATH OF THIS STORY.SHE IS A GOLDIGGER AND,NO REMORSE FOR MELS SEVEN CHILDREN.I HOE SHE GETS NOTHING AND,OUT OF THE PUBLIC EYE;HE RAOSED SEVEN AND,WAS A GOOD HUSBAND AND,WOULD NOT CHANGE OVERNIGHT.THANKS TMZ FOR NOT TAKING SIDES AS ALOT OF THE LOCAL CHANNELS HAVE.

M.N.

Has anyne thought to check on Oksana's background? She married at 19, divorced 6 months later; married in Moscow, divorced less than 1 year; moved to England at 22 and married a British artist 19 years her senior and got British citizenship but divorced very soon; was "protege of at least 2 wealthy British men; married Timothy DAlton 24 years her senior divorced a few years later. It seems her track record is self explanatory--
marry them, milk them for money, property and/or citizenship, and them leave them and move on to her next target!!

Dee

Mel truly needs to leave foreign ***** alone!

It never fails that the very person he totally disrespected [his wife] is the very person thats come to his rescue.
It just goes to show you to be careful of the way you treat people especially spouses, because life has a way of making you make amends to people you have offended and truly hurt in life.

Manfred

It's clear that we have a lot of hypocritical s*** walking the streets these days. The fact that some of you folks can defend Mel, an evil excuse for a human being, speaks volumes of your lack of character. Do yourselves a favor and self examine. Why and how can you defend an animal who hit his wife AND a baby for crying out loud! Have you no morals? You can cry goldigger all you want but it does not excuse what this man did OR the fact that s***bags like you choose to defend him. I imagine that Hitler was okay with you as well? Shame on those who defend Mel! You are vile and disgusting!

ASP

I personally don't like Mel, but I smelled a skank on the lose when I heard these tapes. No one knows what she did 'other' times to finally set him off on a rage.

Mel you're old enough to know better.

david n

well that gold digging bitch needs to be locked up for federal wire tapping exstortion making them tapes as nobody beleaves anymore that those tapes were not made in a studio by that gold digger.and let me tell you something her claims that mell hit her broke 2 teeth out but did no damage to her face that is not posable to hit someone hard enough to break teeth and not give her som much as a fat lip

claudia

I am glad that Robyn Gibson is standing by her man.Even inspite of the fact that Mel was with another woman. I think that if anyone knows Mel Gibson personally, it would be a woman who lived with him for 28 years and not Oksana who is framing him for money whom she only known for 3 years.

Jay Adler

It could be true that Mel Gibson behaved himself like a gentleman in his prior marriage, even though his wife has brought this out it does not set a legal precedent for the future. It is common for ex wives to be in denial and support abusive husbands although this is just historical revelation. People change, they develop mental or personalty disorders, they begin to drink or abuse drugs.Anyway this helps to the extent that it is a good character reference.

Ava

Anyone can make a mistake, or be taken in by someone. I could tell by the tapes that you were truly distressed and hurting, and I know how that feels. If it can happen to women, it can happen to men as well. Some women are born with a deception gene, or learn at an early age how to manipulate and use others to their own advantage, and some people will do anything, no matter how contemptable or hurtful to another to get what they want. God be with you Mel.
My prayers are with you, and I know you will survive this.
I've been a fan since Mad Max, Road Warrior, & Beyond T-dome (if they play it, I will watch it), and the movie you made in 1979 w/Piper Laurie. Go back to practicing your faith. I attended the Glenn Beck Rally in DC on Aug.28, and it was truly uplifting to see that many people with the goal of getting this country back to its Judeo-Christian principles.

Previous 15 Comments | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39