Robyn Gibson Supports Mel in Court

7/15/2010 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson's soon-to-be ex-wife, Robyn, has written a sworn declaration on behalf of Mel, saying he has never physically abused her or any of their children in the 28 years they were married ... TMZ has learned.

0714_mel_gibson_robyn_ex_getty
We've learned in the declaration, Robyn writes, "Mel never engaged in any physical abuse of any kind toward me before, during or after our marriage."  Robyn also says there was never any domestic violence perpetrated by Mel against any of their children.

Yesterday, Robyn was spotted out running errands in Malibu.

0910_media_removed_Mel_Gibson
We've learned the declaration was filed with the court this morning.  We're told Robyn's declaration will also be submitted to the L.A. County Sheriff's Department when Mel's lawyers present their evidence to deputies next week.

In the 1-page declaration, Robyn acknowledges that she is divorcing Mel but says,  "Mel was a wonderful and loving father."

Robyn -- who is widely respected in Hollywood -- could ultimately be very powerful ammo for Mel.

0715_robyn_gibson_footer

Adrienne Clark

She is a gold digger. Get a job. There is birth control. Women do that all the time. It's a Big pay check for them. They don't want to work. Just go shopping look pretty. She's gonna need a lot, she is so ugly inside. I don't know why he didn't read up on her before this.

SSinOC

They divorced for what, irreconcilable differences? I'm sure abuse was part of it. If she has been a victim of abuse then she's probably still enabling him especially since he's paying for her lavish life style in the $10MM home. Abuse and booze are nothing new here to Mel. His arrest in Malibu and him going insane then are typical. Mel's in the midst of bringing out the big hired guns but there's just too much suggesting he's abusive and was a danger to Oksana. The tapes may not be admissible in court and that's why they were leaked so people can see what the guy is really all about. Someone that abusive needs to have the light shone on them and that's what is happening.

herewegoagain

Someone on here posted that "being psychotic" doesnt necessarily come out until years later" (somethin like that).

My hubby of 21 years is bi-polar and for the first 3/4 of our marriage it was just fine. Every random once in a while he would have some anger issues. Now that his bi-polar is full blown and has been out of control a few times and he's in his fifties, I wonder if thats whats goin on with Mel. I can see his ex stepping up and saying he was fine back then, but on the other hand, I think Oksana is a gold digger and that's what triggered him. I've learned over the years there are "triggers" with bi-polars.

But the only way people get better is when they first admit that they are being @###holes. That's what hubby had to do. Admit, get humble, and work to find the right meds.

But the way Mel is ranting and his language, it appears he is quite comfortable doing and saying these things and it's been going on for a while.

Not defending Mel in any way, but Oksana the digger was his "trigger", but still not an excuse for his nasty, nasty behavior. who knows????

Ann

Probably was not into the drug scene then and of course the soon to be ex has a vested interest in making sure she gets the big bucks in a settlement. The guy needs help, sooner the better!

carol

I think Mel could control his wife or she let him believe he could control her. She must have alot of pressure on her from her kids to keep Dad out of trouble.
He can't control Oksana, therefore it has driven him into uncontrollable rage. Just like with the cops when he was arrested. It was like how dare you arrest me! He is a Jew hater, woman hater, color hater. he's all of that.
He clearly says he will make Oksana perform oral sex on him before he burns the house down. That is rape.
He admits to hitting her in the face. He says she deserved it! SICK!
He blames her for his own behavior.That is a clear indication that he feels no responsibility or desire to follow the law of America. He believes he is entitled to do as he pleases with no accountability.

Squeaky Shoes

maybe it's just me but morons who insist on using all caps and disgraceful grammar and spelling make me not read their post...

i'm just sayin' :)

WindyD

Mel's ex-wife said he wasn't "physically abusive," but she didn't say anything about verbally or emotionally abusive. She did ask for a divorce, didn't she? Why? Also, why did they separate after his 2006 drunken tirade? There is definitely something fishy here. If he was an alcoholic, then she knew and had suffered some type of abuse.

blake

I wonder how much extra $$$ this will allot to Robyn in their divorce settlement by writing this letter? My guess is that he had her terrified for years and so beaten down that she would say anything....

Adrienne Clark

I thought all along she was all about $$$, I had read about it with her 1st child,she tried to get a lot of money from the father. He wanted a pre-nup and she wouldn't sign. What was Mel thinking?... I was abused also, but I do not believe her story at all. She is a gold digger. There is so much birth control, but she was looking for easy money. She needs some one to take care of her. Get a job Lady, work for it! Have some Pride......

anna

how pathetic, women is women's enemy. how much you are getting paid for that signature Robyn? oh wait, she never had abuse in her life because she never had any spiritual grounds with mel, they never lived under one roof, he gone for hunting gals and she stayed at home ignoring what he was doing.

jj

ROBYN IS THE VICTIM HERE SO WHY WOULD ANYONE SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT HER. SHE REMAINED LOYAL AND RAISED HIS 7 CHILDREN. SHE'S A GOOD WOMAN AND SHE DOES NOT DESERVE ANYONE BAD MOUTHING HER. SHE'S HIGHLY RESPECTABLE IN THE HOLLYWOOD COMMUNITY.

Teresa

What a classy lady his ex-wife. Looks like leaving your her was a big mistake Mel!

ds

Oksana - GET A JOB !

Mel - Go back to your wife.

HARRY NIPPLES

ps. I agree that the tapes sound edited ... but Gibson's comments do not.

Lanie

The one person I have been waiting to hear from! I stand by Mel as I always have and now being confirmed....Get that dirty, rotten Russian out of here!