Oksana Had Lawsuit Ready Against Mel Gibson

7/23/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Oksana Grigorieva had a civil lawsuit prepared and ready to file against Mel Gibson back in May, in the event Gibson failed to negotiate a custody and financial deal she considered fair.

0723_Oksana_getty_ex

We've learned during the two day mediation in mid-May,  Eric George, who was Oksana's lawyer at the time, drafted and threatened to file the lawsuit, alleging assault, battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

As we first reported, the parties agreed to a $15 million package for Oksana.  When the outline of the agreement was signed, George abandoned the idea of suing.

Sources say although lawyers on both sides were well aware of the secretly-recorded tapes -- which one source called "the 800 pound elephant in the room" -- the lawsuit George drafted made no specific mention of tapes, nor of Gibson's racially-charged comments.

As a result, the tapes could have been used as leverage to settle the lawsuit after it was filed.  Now that the tapes are out, Oksana has lost a lot of that leverage.

The suit George drafted sought unspecified damages.

Oksana ultimately refused to sign the mediation agreement in its full form ... she says because she didn't want to give Mel unsupervised visitation.  Gibson's lawyers scoffed at the notion that Oksana had a problem with visitation, claiming that after January 6, he had regularly spent time alone with Lucia and she encouraged him to have even more visitation.

hope_and_light

When I first heard about this story
I thought “Well, this sounds horrible and this could be about money”
People judge and condemn
I think ‘innocent until proven guilty’
‘Cause I know
Men can be cruel, women can be, too
It always needs two to tango
Of course it’s not right to hurt somebody verbally or physically
But it’s also not ok to push someone’s buttons
And if one thinks problems can be drowned in drinks
He’s wrong ‘cause those little devils learned to swim
If one’s drunk he should make sure to be alone
So he can’t insult noone and of course he should also avoid to phone
To get help would be the best ‘cause I think this problem can be solved
We’re no saints but sometimes hypocrites
We’re all only human beings and make mistakes
And I think someone could help him but her, well I really don’t know
This woman obviously acts like a cormorant leaping at her prey
She talks about protecting her child but has she ever thought about what her child might think when she will hear about all this one day?
Does she really think we’re all dumb and gullible enough to buy her stupid stories?
This is only a sad joke ‘cause one would have thought that a woman with such bad intentions should be able to hide the deceit in her eyes and to tell credible lies
Well, at least it means a little luck for Mel that she tangles herself up in her tangled web
Whatever happened in the past
And whatever it was that blinded his eyes so that he wasn’t able to recognize her real intentions
I think we’ll never know what it was
All I know is
This case should be about justice and the right place for a little human being
Little Lucia
Her mummy is suspicious and her daddy has serious problems
The little baby girl is the most important person in this case
And if her daddy regulates his life he might get another chance
Now I pray that the court takes its time to make the right decisions
And afterwards time will show which changes this story might bring
It’s a story about livin’ on, about forgiveness and healing
... And about hope
I hope

gigi

That pretty much explains everything.

kickaboo

What? No tape or is Oksana resorting to desperation by speaking directly to ROL now?

sistaelle

Radar has suspended it's comments "due to high site traffic"...
most likely because they were 90% trashing their moneymaker Oksana. Radar has gone to extremes to tilt the whole story in her favor. Just sayin'...

hope_and_light

I'd like to see evidence for every allegation, otherwise I won't believe anything anymore. I hope the court will be able to decide what's real and what's fake. This whole case turns out to be a third-class mistery novel with every story that's coming up. It's kind of sad.

an old friend

is Courtney Love Bonking Mel and posting as Sweetheart ...

downsouth13

Don't really care if she was reading off a script or a Dr. Suess book. He is out the box dangerous.

kickaboo

Oksana wanted all the Gibsons gone so she could control the money, Oksana saw money only. Bet she targeted Mel from before day 1, just wondering if she had help.

japaneseprimrose

So, TMZ, how much is Mel paying you for the remarkable change in slanted reporting????

HumanNature

PEOPLE WILL FORGIVE A THIEF OR MURDERER BUT A LIAR!!!!

THERE IS NO FORGIVENESS!!!!

WHO CAN TRUST THE WORDS THAT IS COMING OUT OF A LIAR'S MOUTH!!!

THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

Lemonade

Noe Mel's Malibu house is up for sale. He's getting ready to run to Australia. Innocent people don't take off. Why would he leave everything he's spent years working hard to obtain? I heard the Aussie don't want him either.

DV

Give me what I want or else I'll go public ie file a law suit. Sure sounds like extortion to me.

Nicola

I mean, cmon people, you could tell that Mel Gibson was a freak by his acting - the man can't act to save his own life!!! Check this out.

Tracy Clarke

I'm afraid this sounds so similar to Michael Jackson's molestation charge. How Jordan Chandler's father conspired with his friend lawyer how to bring Michael Jackson down, just because Michael Jackson ignored him and carried on visiting his son. Dont forget the father was going through a divorce separation with his wife and there were children involved. He saw Michael Jackson as a threat to his child and obviously a meal ticket too. Regarding Oksana, she is trying her hardest to prove abuse, however, by the sounds of it, Mel has had good reason to be very mad. I think he has realised he has been taken for a ride and is quite mad with her. Wouldn't you be? She lied to Mel about her breast implants and apparently lied to her ex husband, Timothy Dalton regarding her fertility. One should look at her previous relationship with him, to get a better idea. It smells.

an old friend

sweetheart can you please post on dlisted pretty please