The-Dream: I Tried to Kill Myself After Breakup

7/16/2010 9:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

R&B mogul The-Dream just posted an open letter on his website -- in which he claims he tried to commit suicide when he realized his marriage with singer Christina Milian was doomed.

0716_the_dream_christina_BN_Getty_01

The-Dream wrote, "I’ve cried about this for months, after interviews, after prayer and I’ve tried to take my own life at a point because of the failure that was looming." The two announced their split earlier this week.

But in his letter, The-Dream also apologizes to fans for "misleading everyone" into believing his marriage was fine ... when in reality he was, "simply scared and embarrassed to let everyone know we were failing."

Dream concludes the letter, "This too shall pass! And everything will be fine!"

Jim

If you messed it up you just didn`t try hard enough. Try jumping off something really high or a shotgun in the mouth. Just trying to help....

gossipgirl86

He's just trying to look good. He doesn't want this to ruin his reputation cause his soon to be ex-wife does have a lot of fans on her side. He want's to look like the victim. Classic ni***! My ex is trying to play bull**** right now! Get a life dream and Christina you were too good for him anyway!

gossipgirl86

Okay Jackie Michelle and thoughts. I feel Jerian. She is not being racist. The problem here is black me flocking to white women and dissing black women. You can't find a decent black man cause they are all with white women. That doesn't mean we have a problem with white women but we have a problem with that situation! Then you have white women who have never been around black people, get with a black man and suddenly she thinks she black! What!??? Puh lease!

renee gail

PERFECTLY SAID JACKIEMICHELE, IF U HAVE A FOUL ATTITUDE ABOUT LIFE, WHAT THE HELL DO U EXPECT TO ATTRACT??! I WOULDNT WANNA BE W/ THAT! I'M HAPPILY MARRIED TO AN A DIFFRENT RACE THAN MYSELF AND ITS A PITY PEOPLE SUCH AS JERIAN, CONTINUE TO USE LABELS. TO ACT LIKE THAT MAKE U LOOK IGNORANT AND CLASSLESS

mom

I am reading some of the comments on here, and it scares the heck out of me. This is the future of our country. Hateful, self absorbed, ignorant people (that cannot spell,or put together an intelligent sentence). We don't stand a chance...

renee gail

U DIDN'T MAKE US MAD HONEY, WE JUST FEEL SORRY FOR U. MAY U ONE DAY BE BLESSED W/ A NON IGNORANT MIND AND SOME CLASS. HAVE A WONDERFUL EVENING ;)

marcia

gossipgirl86:

What makes you think that decent black men are with white women? I'm pretty sure that some of them (white women) would beg to differ.

Rhoda Penmark

What a shame you didn't succeed. Now we have to waste our time hearing more about you, whoever you are...

shay3272

He's a textbook Narcissist. That apology was all about him saving face.

John Water

Truly awful. The girl on the beach that Dream was with is obviously some sort of Spanish, not a traditionally white person. But something that wasn't the subject of the article at all has got like 10 posts spewing the viciously hateful stuff we see on here. America is just race sick. Nothing else in this country is more important than that for some reason. The Internet is only useful for people to spew anonymous hate with no chance of anybody finding out. The more I read the Internet the more I think 80% of people aren't worth knowing.

Cartman

We have a racist President now, why would you expect racism to go away?

Valentino

He needs to cut it out, if he was actually depressed over that he would have done his best to try to fix it rather than screw around with another woman. I think this is just a "Sympathize with me, please!" letter. It's pathetic and stupid. For the people who thinks Christina wants some money from him, common sense would tell you she doesn't need it; she's still making money off of DVDs Albums, etc.

Star

Wasn't The Dream caught on some Caribbean beach with his personal assistant, Melissa? I don't think he's that broken up over the ending of his marriage. This "open letter" to the fans is a PR stunt, damage control. If anyone is feeling "simply scared and embarrassed" and heartbroken it's Christina Milian. God bless the parents and baby Violet.

Veronica

Seems like he is just trying to do damage control for comments made earlier this week:

Do you help Christina out when you’re home?

I don’t because my “helping out” turns into expectations. I’ll get Violet on a late night maybe one or two times, but after that, no. If Christina’s tired, call the nanny, call Violet’s granny. We got people.

Norris

Wow...some people are very short sided. All this Black Queen & Black King BS. Look if the person makes you happy do it. You being "faithful" to your race ain't no gold medal moment "queen" A man's a man from the inside outside. Race ain't got nothing to do with being a d*ck or an a**hole or a b*tch.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments