'K-Town' -- Like 'Jersey Shore,' But with Asians

7/18/2010 4:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If this video is any indication, the new reality show "K-Town" -- billed as an Asian version of "Jersey Shore" -- will do for Asians what the original "JS" did for Italians. And that's not a good thing.

0717_k_town_video

TMZ has obtained this cast reel for the new show -- which has only shot its pilot and hasn't been picked up by a network yet. There's definitely a Situation or two, a Snooki, a Pauly D type (who is most likely a club promoter, not a DJ) and their version of Jwoww goes by Jwao (kidding).

GTR for life.

Tara

Yikes!

gigi

wow...how embarrassing..I'm an Asian myself but not Korean. I would be so embarrassed to see that on tv.

Guest

#15 I thought that I was the only one who notice that. It definitely looks like as if she is using the toilet.

ohlalalalala

do some of you live in some of the square states with no TV no social enviroment whatsoever? I think you guys need to live a little...it's a sketch show like any other reality shows out there? who care if they are white, black, yellow, brown, gree, or any color of the rainbow as long as people are willing to watch it's all good. As far as JS...I know a lot of you won't admit in public I know you like the show, maybe this show will be like JS hope it does well although we all know it will be another fake reality TV

NYchick

Hell ya I would watch. I scoffed at the idea of Jersey Shore until I watched an episode. Trainwrecks fascinate me. LOL...Yes my name is Mel and I am an addict...to reality tv.

Favre_Fan74

"GTR": Gym, Tan, Raundry? Because the stereotype is that Asians can't pronounce the letter "L". Really? If someone had made a gay joke TMZ would be out to destroy them, but this type of racial humour is not only acceptable, it comes from TMZ itself? Good to see that political correctness is so selective.

cc

Yeah, who wants to watch Asians? Boring. Trying to hard.

The_Unabonger

G T R ???

wow ...

Areader

I would much rather watch K Town over Jersey Shore any day! The girls in K Town blow away the female cast of Jersey Shore!

kromen

I feel better about Flava of Luv every day. No one is safe from sterotype television. LOL

pac

OMG.. I just watched the obama deception too. Wow i never would have guessed obama works for the banks. For every american that loves your country and freedom.. You have to watch the obama deception. Our country is being taken over by foreign banks. Google the obama deception

wendy

well hopefully this will crush all the stereotypes about asians being nerdy and anitsocial LOLOL

nicole

This is a huge step backwards for asians. I'm sure only white guys with yellow fever will the only ones watching this.

dmlover

I lived in k-town for over 20 years and not all of them are as messy as this bunch. But they are out there. They are secretive in their comings and goings and it would be interesting to see finally what happens behind closed doors in their environments.

Bill C.

I'm not trying to offend anyone but how about a show with good looking heterosexual Caucasians making their way through life. Anyone think that show would make some money?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments