'Jersey Shore'

Cast Goes on Strike

7/18/2010 4:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The cast of "Jersey Shore" is so dissatisfied over their contract situation that they refused to shoot scenes for the upcoming third season until they get a better deal ... this according to sources connected with the show.

0718-jersey-shore-getty-ex-credit
The cast was supposed to begin shooting "at home" scenes today for season three, but we're told Jwoww, Ronnie, Sammi, Pauly D and Vinny -- who are spread out between New York and Rhode Island -- told the crews they weren't shooting without new contracts.

The Situation and Snooki are supposed to shoot tomorrow, and we're told Snooki plans to do the same. No word yet on The Situation, but as we first reported ... he's having contract issues of his own.

Sources close to the show tell TMZ the cast feels they can make more money doing appearances for two months, rather than filming the show.

A rep for MTV had no comment.

Previous 15 Comments | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

Rigo Obezo

I just don't understand why this show is so popular.I tried watching it once to see what all the hype was all about. The entire show is all about drama,getting drunk and finding booty.That's what you call entertainment? Anyone who watches this garbage is obviously the same type of low class trash and condones they're own despicable behavior. This show takes attention away from the real talent in Hollywood. I was so annoyed watching the MTV/VH1 movie and music awards because it was constant clips Jersey Whores and the cast. Lets focus on the talented performers and actors who work hard at they're profession.

Rigo Obezo

I just don't understand why this show is so popular.I tried watching it once to see what all the hype was all about. The entire show is all about drama,getting drunk and finding booty.That's what you call entertainment? Anyone who watches this garbage is obviously the same type of low class trash and condones they're own despicable behavior. This show takes attention away from the real talent in Hollywood. I was so annoyed watching the MTV/VH1 movie and music awards because it was constant clips Jersey Whores and the cast. Lets focus on the talented performers and actors who work hard at they're profession and not on Jersey Whores.

aWoww

In addition to my last comment.... I know it's not a quality show but the first season was a guilty pleasure and the first season was fun; especially being from the west coast. I just thought it was dumb to keep the same cast because that's when it becomes a money thing and egos come out. Not the same "real" thing that you see in a first season before greed and/or scripting comes into play. I'm sure there are plenty of other entertaining Guidos out there that could hold an audience w/o diva demands.

aWoww

Not sure why they bother get a new cast. Thought that was the concept of the show first season. Yea it was awful but at least entertaining. MTV could save/make a lot more money if they did it Real World style and switched the cast up every year. Not as entertaining anymore....

Alan

I Should Have Been On MTV JERSEY SHORE I WILL NEVER KNOW WHY IM NOT ON TAHT SHOW MESSED UP NOT FARE ****** UP.

ThefuckingJenn

you have got to be kiddin me! they get paid to get wasted and be stalked by weird ppl .. and they got on strike .. u know some ppl have real problems in life. wow!

Previous 15 Comments | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23