Mel Gibson's Lawyer Presents Case to Sheriff

7/20/2010 4:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Mel Gibson's lawyer is meeting with Sheriff's investigators right now, presenting evidence she believes proves Oksana Grigorieva has fabricated the case against her client.

0720_Mel_Gibson_Blair_Berk_getty_03ex

The meeting is being held at a courthouse in Los Angeles, in a conference room.

In addition to presenting evidence that Mel did not strike Oksana, we're told attorney Blair Berk will ask Sheriff's deputies to go after Oksana for extortion and falsifying evidence.

Berk's track record may be just what Mel needs.  Last year she convinced New York prosecutors not to file felony assault charges against her client, Kiefer Sutherland, after he broke a dude's nose at a party.  Berk also convinced an L.A. judge last fall to dismiss battery charges against Kanye West, who was caught on video breaking a camera.

After the meeting, we got video of Blair Berk and L.A. County Sheriff's Detective Tom Lewis.  We asked Berk if Oksana was guilty of extortion and lying to the cops.  She said it was an "inappropriate question."  Lewis was mum.

071910_mel_video_3

Genjerleigh

The photo of oksana's "broken" teeth - her lip wasn't busted up at all despite supposedly getting a blow hard enough to knock her teeth out. I don't believe that photo proves she got hit. And what a strange way for teeth to "break". It looks like she just took her veneer off. Hard to believe it's true

EastCoastGirl

Paris is the new Sweetheart.

lol

EastCoastGirl

Ok, back to work. Toodles!

BReasonable

Mel's yelling and cursing does not mean he actually hit her or the baby. Show me the actual proof. I don't mean this tape that was tampered with or doctored photographs. I want actual police reports or medical records from a reliable, unbiased medical professional. I don't believe the dentist because he never filed the report of abuse. If he's willing to lie for her once, he would do it again. I wonder if Oksana doesn't have something over him that she is controlling him with. There is no hard evidence that he actually physically abused her or the baby.
If she is such a great mother and partner, why isn't Dalton stepping up and giving her character references the way Robyn did for Mel. Isn't that rather telling?

Carol

It is funny that when Mel was with his wife and family you hardly ever heard anything about him. This should teach Mel and the other middle aged men out there that they should stick with their wives and families and leave the money hungry whores alone. She went with Timothy Dalton when she was in her twenties and Timothy was in his fifities. She just does not want to work so she is living off her kids. She should go back to Russia but they probably do not want her either. I think she is nothing but a lying, lazy whore

BReasonable

By the way, both my front teeth have veneers (childhood accident). I broke the veneers (the same way as that picture of Oksana) about 15 years later eating a tuna salad sandwich on white bread. No hard impact, no crusty bread, no cold drinks, etc. So, I don't believe that bull about veneers being so hard that it would take hard impact to break them. More of the dentist's lies to help Oksana

Jollipop

Wishful thinking, Mr. Gibson! I hope you rot in jail (or hell, if you believe in that).

lis

Cannot believe vile racist misogynists commenting in here. Gibson is a piece of trash. Shame on everybody who is trying to defend him and who is vilifying Oksana. Beyond disgusting.

BReasonable

I cannot believe people are willing to lynch a man for using words that are politically incorrect. Get over it. Sticks and stones, or did you not learn that in kindergarden?

noneofyourbusiness

At first I completely believed her. Now I see that she probably manipulated and pushed every button to get him all worked up and flipped out. NO-no excuse ever to put your hands violently against someone. BUT-I'm sure all she said was NOT recorded in full context either. I'm sure she wasn't just a little ole mouse getting stomped.
If someone said they were gonna take my daugter from me, I'd flip out too, I'd be off the frigging chain. So, I'm very curious to see how all this will play out.

Dani

Lets give them both Lie-Detector Tests!! Loser goes to jail!

the truth

SHE SET HIS ASS UP. SHE KEPT SAYING HE NEEDS MEDICATION! she knows thats gonna set him off. i honestly believe that tape was messed with. Mel was married for a long time and his kids and x wife never complained about him. hes a good dad.
he thinks all she wants is money because these stars think and most are after their money. so this tape IMO is all about Mel's Money.
I STILL LOVE YA MEL ! YOU GAVE US GREAT MOVIES AND WHAT GOES ON BEHIND CLOSE DOORS SHOULD STAY LIKE THAT. I HOPE TO SEE MORE OF HIS MOVIES.
but if u really listen to those tapes you can tell they were messed with. she also knows how to push his buttons! he shouldn't had another kid and he was also on the rebound from his wife. he should have stayed single and he didn't need anymore kids. BTW his daughter is adorable.
good luck Mel Gibson!

BReasonable

If she was inflicted with emotional abuse, wouldn't she have jumped at the first opportunity to get away from him instead of renegging on the separation agreement? no. she wanted more money and she wanted revenge.

so where are these photos of the injured baby?

BReasonable

if "anon" thinks the tapes are the most important evidence, then she's sunk because it is so obvious that the tapes were tampered with.

Dani

Been reading some of the posts. Just an FYI for those saying the Gibsons never had problems ...not so. I believe one kid has been in and out of rehab and actually distanced himself from the family in the past and I believe Robyn just got fed up with Mel and his drinking and womanizing. Oskana and the pregancy was the last straw.