Lindsay Lohan

Thinks Jail

Isn't a Done Deal

7/19/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robert Shapiro can work wonders -- he was part of the team that got O.J. Simpson off -- but sources in the crazy world of Lindsay Lohan say he has not convinced her that she must surrender to a jail sentence.

0905_Lindsay_Lohan_TMZ_ex_07
People who are interacting with Lindsay tell TMZ she has been in obsessive denial over her surrender Tuesday, when she must begin serving a 90-day jail sentence -- which will be whittled down to 22 days behind bars.

Lindsay is convinced there is still a way she can avoid jail, even though Shapiro made it clear he would only rep her if she went to the pokey.

Here's the irony -- Lindsay expects Shapiro to pull a Shawn Chapman Holley ... code for getting the judge to overlook her past screwups and keep her a free woman.  Holley eventually quit when Judge Marsha Revel made it clear ... there were no more cards to play.

And, we're told, the reason it took so long to find a new lawyer is because Lindsay only wanted someone who could keep her out of jail but no credible lawyer would make that promise.

And here's the thing. From what we're hearing, there is no way in hell Judge Revel is going to back down.

0708_lohan_court_footer

sharon

I sincerely hope that she does avoid jail altogether, so that the disappointment of all you pathetic, self-loathing, celebrity obsessed losers may amuse me.

Posted at 1:37 AM on Jul 19, 2010 by Jason
---------------------------
Pathetic? I think Blohan's picture is in the dictionary next to that word. Celebrity obsessed? What exactly are YOU doing here Jason? Come to read the ads? Loser? I think that just may be the definition of someone that comes to a celebrity gossip site to call people celebrity obsessed.
Congrats. YOU are this week's designated dumbass.

Posted at 1:44 AM on Jul 19, 2010 by Disturbed

LOL.... couldn't have said it better myself Disturbed......

CJ

Oooh I think there's going to be some tears tomorrow when she finds out there's no wriggling out of this one. I'm guessing hysterical crying as she walks from the car to jail entrance with Dina at her side continuing to enable her.

Suck it up, buttercup, and get on with it!

Nicole

Posted at 1:37 AM on Jul 19, 2010 by Jason
______________________________________________
Jason i agree 100%
It is highly unlikely but I also hope she avoids jail to shut the haters up

The sentence was ****ed up the prosecution was only asking for 30 days. The stupid judge didn't even give a written order to Right On that she had to attend weekly she communicated it via a phonecall.

Free Lindsay

Peter Sc

With all the medication her parents have managed to get her on just so she could feed the entire family until her little sister is old enough to take over the responsibility for the family income, I guess that it will take less than 24 hours before she is transferred to the medical wing of the Twin Towers Correctional Facility.

From then on it is 900 dollars per day we as taxpayers will have to pay for this kind of entertainment.

We know how to use the money for nothing!

Peter Sc

Sorry - I was wrong:

According to the Sheriff's department it cost around $1,109.78 a day in the medical wing compared to $99.64 in an ordinary cell.

carol

I know I will never get this answer but I would like to know why "she" thinks she should not go to jail, not what other people think. Does she actually think she is too good for jail or she is above the law or does she actually believe her own publicity and think because she is a wanna be celebrity she doesn't deserve to do jail. What the heck is her reasoning for feeling she shouldn't go. Denial is one thing but stupidity is something else.

UnknownUser

Ali has already helped Dina earning some money with the reality show Living Lohan. And of course, Michael got in the game, selling interviews about how disrespectful it was to involve Ali in the "fame factory". Both parents are ****ing shameless.

Bill F. Murray

What a refreshing change it would have been to see that LL has stopped whining and is prepared to go serve her sentence and be done with it.

Oh well, back to waiting for pigs to fly...no wait, there was that Paris Hilton 'queen sized bed on a plane' post last week.

NoBreederRat

Speaking of court and DUI's, when Lindsay is finally behind bars and it's a slow news day you may want to cover the Kennedy divorce. No gossip just police reports and more drama than a Univision Soap Opera. He drove her to a psychologist and husband RFK Jr. ended up restraining her to keep her from harming herself.

Then Mary Kennedy drove drunk 3 days after being served with divorce papers. She drove drunk to her children's school event and jumped the curb outside the church. Priceless. She's due in court This Thursday after a few unexplained continuances.

So Lindsay will be going to jail because she doesn't have enough wealth or power. Mary will get a slap on the wrist. Watch. So much for celebrity justice.

LISA

Lindsay, you can use this time in jail wisely, - a crash course in American Literature. Read the Great Gatsby, Walt Whitman, Hemingway etc. Arrange for a professor of Lit. to come for visitation and guide you in this incredible journey.

You will come out with a broader point of view. And you will love it!

I think you are smart and empty partying will never fill that void. Think about it.

Oscar

Put her in the can already, enough with this spoiled little brat.

Mary

I think Lindsay needs a good spanking , much too spoiled and frankly too much publicity and fuss about her. Think that more heroes and peole that do good deeds should get in the headlines.
I really do not care about this girl, she had so many chances and no matter all the money,sex,drugs and rehab, nothing will change because she won't change as long as we give her attention . She is a looser and no role model for young people.

Kelly

I bet this all goes down in the middle of the night!

She's a fame whore yes but she's also a crybaby.

I sure thought Sam could talk some sense into her. I don'tt really think Sam is THAT bad of a person compared to other tabloid stories abt her. dunno though. Not like I know her personally...

favio

Stupid brat do the time, and learn from it. Its about time you spoiled brats get spanked.

maxx

The day TMZ actually NAMES its sources is the day I will believe anything it says.

Posted at 1:44 AM on Jul 19, 2010 by JC
---------------------------
Exactly what I was thinking... guess it was a bit quiet around Lindsay since she checked into sober house so the media needed a new (?) made-up story.