Lindsay Lohan

Thinks Jail

Isn't a Done Deal

7/19/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robert Shapiro can work wonders -- he was part of the team that got O.J. Simpson off -- but sources in the crazy world of Lindsay Lohan say he has not convinced her that she must surrender to a jail sentence.

0905_Lindsay_Lohan_TMZ_ex_07
People who are interacting with Lindsay tell TMZ she has been in obsessive denial over her surrender Tuesday, when she must begin serving a 90-day jail sentence -- which will be whittled down to 22 days behind bars.

Lindsay is convinced there is still a way she can avoid jail, even though Shapiro made it clear he would only rep her if she went to the pokey.

Here's the irony -- Lindsay expects Shapiro to pull a Shawn Chapman Holley ... code for getting the judge to overlook her past screwups and keep her a free woman.  Holley eventually quit when Judge Marsha Revel made it clear ... there were no more cards to play.

And, we're told, the reason it took so long to find a new lawyer is because Lindsay only wanted someone who could keep her out of jail but no credible lawyer would make that promise.

And here's the thing. From what we're hearing, there is no way in hell Judge Revel is going to back down.

0708_lohan_court_footer

gigi

Oh forgot, todays the 19th. Tommorrow, she is suppose to turn herself in.

Ehécatl

If she is so convinced that she should avoid jail time, why doesn't she just represent herself? If she has all kinds of reasons why she shouldn´t go to jail, shouldn't she just tell them to the judge and wait for the judge to be so overwhelmed that she lets her go?

Karma

If she doesn't surrender herself Tuesday will a warrent be issued for her arrest? Also will this cause her to have to spend the entire 90 days in jail if they have to go find her? Does she have until ike 11:59 pm Tuesday night before a warrent is issued? Sorry for all the questions but I don't know how any of this works.

KellyR

For those of you whining about the harshness of her sentence: The prosecutor asked for 30 days, and that's what the judge sentenced her to. There were 3 counts... 30 days x 3 counts=90 days
Everybody see how that worked?
This message was brought to you by the letter D (as in dumba$$)

KellyR

@ Nicole: She may have been in compliance with the PROGRAM but NOT WITH THE COURT. I realize you are a huge LiLo fan (or her mom), but your sense of denial is UNREAL...
When the court says go to one class a week, then in order to comply, you need to go to one class a week. The program and the court had VERY DIFFERENT IDEAS of compliance. And the way she missed classes and used every excuse in the book (my uncle died, but I didn't go to his funeral LOL) showed how little respect she had for the system.
I can't stand LiLo for the simple fact that she has squandered all the opportunities that she was given. I don't wish death on her like some people do, but she def needs jail, then rehab. It's people like you who are ENABLING her to stay sick...

Pimpcessa

Gee, I wonder how her attorney feels about her stating jail isn't a done deal? I was under the impression that was part of the deal for him to take her case on.

Kate

Is it horrible that I'm bummed out that I'll be traveling when this is supposed to go down? I'll miss you, live coverage!

Chris

I've never heard of a credible lawyer

SOFTLIPS

I just absolutely cannot wait for this to happen. My birthday's this week and I swear I'm looking more forward to her getting her stupid *** thrown in the can.

boo

Her mouth looks absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully after 90 days in jail and 90 days in rehab that thing will shrink back to it's normal size.

Sheri

22 days is plenty of time for reflection and thought and so-called punishment. You and I would also be released in that amount of time for this particular infraction ... violation of parole .... due to the simple fact that the jails are so over crowded in the State of California that the state is releasing prisoners by the thousands (non-violent; minor drug possession, etc.). Why can't all of you give the young woman a break; let her go through this; give her a little support. I think this time she will find her way. We are all imperfect creatures .... so are you, so am I.

Pimpcessa

KellyR,

No matter how hard you try you will never get her loser fans to "get it" and understand what she did wrong. Christ, Dina can't even understand that she was not in compliance with the judges orders, is it any wonder LL can't "get it" either? I don't know how any person, even one of average intelligence, can't understand that she was not in compliance with the judges orders. And I'm quite sure her attorney explained to her that she was not in compliance with the judges orders, and that is why Ms Holley was unable to get her out of this fix. LL tied her attorney's hands to the degree that her only defense was "but look how much better she's been doing". No attorney can truly be able to help her when she, so blatently, rejects the authority of the judges sentencing. And it's doubtful that Shapiro will put up with her nonsense for an extended period of time either. Attorneys don't look good if the continuously lose cases, and LiLo is a sure fire way to have losses uner your belt.

truth and mercy

It seems unfair that the child of the alcoholics, who later becomes an alcoholic herself, should sit in jail alone.... I wish the whole alcoholic, dysfunctional, Lohan family could be ordered to get SOBER, TRUTHFUL, HONEST, EDUCATED in the disease of alcoholism, ENLIGHTENED in the area of spirituality/ recovery/ healing....until the WHOLE family heals, I don't give Lindasy much of a chance for a happy, healthy, positive future. SAD

carol

Thank you all for helping me to understand - she wasn't in compliance with the Judge's order. Once a week means once a week. Now the second question I had is she is addicted to prescription medication (mostly, I think). Can she still gets those in jail and if so, won't that defeat the purpose of jail and rehab. I also agree with everyone that her mom and dad are major enablers and need as much jail and rehab as Lindsey. Without it, none of them will ever be better. Does Dina work? Get a job of your own Dina - stop living off the kids.

JMelissaMc

I think tomorrow we are all going to see a Paris moment - where she will be crying for her Mommy while the guards drag her off! LOL! LOL!