Oksana vs. Mel -- The Cigarette Incident

7/21/2010 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Oksana Grigorieva claims Mel Gibson grabbed her son and threw him onto a table in a fit of rage, all over a cigarette.  But this may be the only incident where there are other witnesses who can either support Oksana's claim of abuse or prove she's lying.

0719_Oksana_Mel_getty_ex_04

It happened at a party last year in Costa Rica. Sources connected to the case say Oksana's 12-year-old son, Alexander was playfully jumping up and down, trying to knock a cigarette out of Mel's mouth.  Oksana claims Mel exploded by grabbing the boy and throwing him violently onto a table.

The issue came up during the mediation in May, when Mel and Oksana were trying to work out a custody arrangement and a financial package.

Sources say Oksana's people informed Mel's lawyers of the incident. Mel's lawyers investigated and came right back, claiming there were "numerous adults and children" who saw the incident and saw it very differently.

The reason this incident is so significant in the criminal investigation -- it's not just a "he said, she said."  That translates into credibility, which is at the core of the case.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

azlee

ashton, you are really paranoid and have watched way too much tv!

Why would they do plants, the world has their own opinion on this.

(to the rest of everyone)....When this story first broke, I was very open minded, it could happen....it has happened to others....I'll listen and read I said to myself.

It didn't take long (the first recording) before I got suspicious and said no, something is up with this story. It doesn't sound right. Everytime this woman or her "reps" open their mouth the less it carries weight.

I figured at some point we will wake up to "mel molested the baby" I figured since she keeps adding stuff when we don't fall for it, it was the logical step that I have seen women do when they are out to ruin a man. It stays in their FBI file forever, innocent or not. I didn't expect a cigarette rumble.

And for the record, if someone messes with my cigs, I am NOT a happy camper. I won't shove or hit, but I will get a very crisp voice....same if you are in my face. Hope there are witnesses that remember the scenerio and shut down yet another story.

shaking my head......what will be the story tomorrow?

itsMeAgain

OMG I see Mel Gibson's Clean up crew is all here in full force this morning trying to clean up his image!! LOL good job guys but your act is very transparent!

BlindGossip – Money can’t buy you love, but it sure can buy you a public relations blitz. This American-born actor doesn’t have the best reputation in the world. However, despite his claims to a lessening fortune, he’s still got plenty of dough to buy temporary mates to bolster his image. On most websites, public opinion has resoundingly turned against this actor. However, on some of the most popular news and gossip sites, there are a puzzling bounty of posts lauding him as a great man and the victim of a conspiracy. Turns out that it is no coincidence. There is actually a team of people who have been hired specifically to adopt multiple personalities on each of about a dozen of the most popular news and gossip sites. Their job is to try to make their client look better by posting positive and supportive messages about him… and negative messages about others. If you look a little closer at those posters, you’ll see that they are new and exist solely to support this m* f* son of a w* c* b*.

Next time try spreading your Okasna-hate messages a bit so you dont all look like plants.

Posted at 7:31 AM on Jul 21, 2010 by Ashton C

paranoia much??
just b/c most of us see through this money grubbing, gold digger doesn't mean any personal connection with Mel...it would be cool to know him personally but unfortunately, i don't. nor am i getting payed..sure would be cool there too...LOL.

StarryStarryNight

that sh*tty smell floating around is oink$ana's breath cause she talks so much sh*t.

TrixLaRue

Mel is paying PR people to post on these sites.

dd

Another accident? Geez.

StarryStarryNight

Ashton and Trix are related to Oink$ana.

passin thru

"Mel's people claim the witnesses will say it was all just clowning around and Mel did not get physical with Alexander but rather the boy just accidentally fell as he was jumping for Mel's cigarette."
REALLLLLY?? WHAT DOES THE BOY HAVE TO SAY? HE IS 12...NOT AN INFANT OR SMALL CHILD. NO ONE RECOUNTS his REACTIONS? WAS HE CRYING? WAS HE HURT? IM SURE SH*T WOULD HAVE HIT THE FAN LOOONG AGO IF MEL TRULY WAS SLAPPIN THIS KID AROUND!

AND BTW...BEING A SMOKER MYSELF, I MAY HAVE HAD TO KNOCK THE SNOT OUT OUTTA THE KID FOR TRYING TO GRAB MY SMOKE. CAN WE SAY iiirrrittaaating?????? LOL ,.,THATS NO WAY TO ACT 'PLAYFULLY' LOL

itsMeAgain

Mel is paying PR people to post on these sites for him.

Posted at 7:39 AM on Jul 21, 2010 by TrixLaRue

paranoia much??
go take your meds!
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!
ROFLMAO!

passin thru

OOOH AND 'DANI' .....GET A FREAKIN' LIFE

StarryStarryNight

I want my check today!!! Tuition payment deadline is just around the corner. ROFLOL!!!

Lisa

I was in an abusive marriage for years before I finally escaped. This Gold Digger is making false claims. Mel was married for 30 years and never abused his wife or children. Men don't just become abusers overnight..I think this woman is hurting all abused women by making false claims..And I agree with the reader who said why would she stay with a man that abused her son...There is no amount of money in the world that would make that ok...

Gene

These claims that Mel Gibson is paying PR people to post on these sites is so insane, it's not even funny.
I have been leaning pro mel simply because no normal woman can even fathom why Oksana would allow this abuse, never report it and wait until almost 3 months after their breakup to start spreading these stories. The first time my husband beat me, was his last. I had the cops at my house so fast, he didn't even have time to run, and I had him arrested. The very next day I got a restraining order and a divorce lawyer. I divorced him as fast as I could and I got the court to restricted his contact with our son's so much, he finally gave up. That's what a normal woman does in a abuse situation. So, we at least know that Oksana is definitely not normal.
In closing, If Mel is paying people to be pro Mel, then I want cashonly, no checks accepted please.

kickaboo

haha, I wish Mel Gibson would pay me to comment. But, please tell me. If all these people witnessed this "abuse" to this boy..how's come the gossip sites didn't have this jewel on their sites? People do gossip and talk about such things, no? Why did Oksana take NO action? Wait for months to bring up such nonsense only for $$$$ for herself? Didn't the boy think it was horrible enough to mention to his father, Dalton? Or were they just horse-playing?

john

The public is speaking on this site.
Both pro and con about these tapes.
Her reps are in this room and have been in all the forum rooms, they are trying to keep up the public support for her.
But it is slipping and they should be scared because MEL TEAM is very quiet , gathering evidence and making sure MEL and everybody on their side is VERY VERY QUIET. Talking with police.
I hope MEL SIDE wins and she gets nothing!
Mel's lawyers are very smart, and her lawyers are very dumb!
She is a LIAR and MEL team will prove it in court.
It is also showing how the rag MEDIA has taken over MAINSTREAM media with one sided reporting.

Friend?

This proves how low this Russian woman really is and how far she can go to recieve American dollars? And she just come to think of this incident when the child custody began, yeah right.

She´s going to go after Mel untill he´s totally broke. Mel should sue her instead for loss of income since this all stupidity began.