Zsa Zsa Gabor's Hubby: Hip Surgery Was a Success

7/19/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband, Prince Frederic von Anhalt, just announced the legendary actress is "doing fine" following her hip replacement surgery this morning ... which he called "very successful."

071710_prince_von_anhault_video
As we previously reported, the 93-year-old actress was rushed to the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in L.A. on Saturday night after she broke several bones during a fall at her Bel-Air home.

Outside of their home moments ago, Prince Frederic said Zsa Zsa was scared about today's operation because of her age ... but it went as well as it could go and that she was now asleep in the recovery room.

meg

Awww. I expected at least an announcement that he is starting a new political party or sumfin.

I am terribly disappointed in the prince of ditz.

SERIOUSLY !!!!!

Hear she was watching Wheel of Fortune at 'the home' when she got up to do something and fell.

R

@ Seriously. No, it was Jeopardy!

Notice the irony. She is in jeopardy ever since she married that greaseball faux prince.

Politico Pablo

Hope she gets to go home soon, so she can watch Jeopardy, and reruns of Green Acres. I always thought she was good on that show.

raven

why would they do a hip replacement on a 93 year old? really?

Chip

You guys have the wrong Gabor. Ava was on Green Acres and Merv's pal.

Why would they operate on the hip of a 93-year-old who can't walk anyway?

LiLa

All the best to Ms. Gabor for a complete recovery.

grace

i am glad she is ok she is still beautyfulllll love you girl

VIPTAMPA

Dear Old Zsa Zsa ! She must have been in real good shape even if paralyzed and in a wheel chair for them to do this surgery. It is very rough on the frail elderly. Hope they keep her comfy and that she has a full recovery.

Edward

I am surprized the old tramp has any hips left, after 9 husbands and 100s of other skanks she has done.

JLS

I wish her a painless recovery. I just broke my leg and ankle and had a viscious surgery leaving me completely immobile. The pain of broken bones is just epic. I cannot imagine being 93 and doing this. VERY hard recovery!

zrina

interesting to read her prenup...maybe the faux prince gets money as long as she is alive...