Julianne Hough:

I Thought Seacrest

Was Gay!

7/22/2010 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There's a reason it took Ryan Seacrest such a long time to score a date with his new girlfriend Julianne Hough -- she thought she lacked the proper equipment ... genitally speaking.

072210_julianne_ryan_getty
Our spies in North Carolina tell us Hough was in town for her birthday dinner at a Morton's steak house the other night with a bunch of friends ... and at one point during the meal, she was asked, "How did you and Ryan get together?"

Julianne responded, "He was after me since I was 18 ... he totally wasn't my type ... I thought he was gay."

But Hough continued, "After a few years, he was persistent ... so I went out with him on a date and I realized how much I liked him."

We're told Ryan and Julianne have been together for a couple of months.

Seacrest ... out?

Megan

lol. That is all.

FruitSalad

Wait , he is not gay ?

timsami

I don't think Julianne is a virgin. If she still is, her "cherry" is shoved so far back she could use it as a taillight.

boricua4669

I don't believe for a second he's with her romantically !! HE IS GAY !! Is a shame he don't respect himself, to realise, if he comes out, nothing is gonna happen and the respect he's gonna gain for it !! Look Ricky Martin or other artist that make the decision of be truth to themselves and be free !! Ryan COME OUT !!

jen

There as believable as Tom & Katie. LMAO!

crabbygirl81

I thought he was gay too.

Clooney is GAY

Only one way to spell BEARD!!! Its horrible that Hollywood has to create these FAKE Hollywood Romances because Middle America can fathom the possibility that someone is GAY. WAKE UP MIDDLE AMERICA (that means you Elvira Doolittle in Bum-F**k, Iowa)!!!

COCO

Can you people read? She said she THOUGHT(past tense) that he was gay. THOUGHT.

imjustsayin

Remember that Merv Griffin was his mentor, and he's just following that same "closet" strategy.

MikeP

I think her time with Ryan has come to and end, whether she knows it no or not. And I don't think Ryan is really gay,Not that it matters, Now, his show is "pretty gay" in "the slang sense", but I don't think he is, as there are all types of sensitive, men that are happy who they are, and totally straight.
But i think this chick is done, seing the world on his ticket.

carol

I'm afraid she is to Ryan what Eva Gabor was to Merv Griffin - a decoy to cover up his gayness.

Coca

Um, Ryan, you have your first red flag. She's clearly using you and she has no respect for your feeling for publicly commenting on this particular matter.

Curt -- Louisville

I don't really care if Ryan is gay, but if he's dating Juliane Hough, he is one very lucky man.

Beau

Wonder if he knows she thought that? Guess he does now. Interesting she won't talk about them as a couple, but he will answer the questions the paps throw at him about them as a couple. Who do you think is using who?

Truth

WHO SAID SEACREST ISNT GAY? DUDE IS DEFINITELY BISEXUAL. GET WITH THE PROGRAM.