Julianne Hough:

I Thought Seacrest

Was Gay!

7/22/2010 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There's a reason it took Ryan Seacrest such a long time to score a date with his new girlfriend Julianne Hough -- she thought she lacked the proper equipment ... genitally speaking.

072210_julianne_ryan_getty
Our spies in North Carolina tell us Hough was in town for her birthday dinner at a Morton's steak house the other night with a bunch of friends ... and at one point during the meal, she was asked, "How did you and Ryan get together?"

Julianne responded, "He was after me since I was 18 ... he totally wasn't my type ... I thought he was gay."

But Hough continued, "After a few years, he was persistent ... so I went out with him on a date and I realized how much I liked him."

We're told Ryan and Julianne have been together for a couple of months.

Seacrest ... out?

WHATEVER

RYAN ONLY WANTS TO "BE" JULIET. HE IS DATING HER TO GET INTO HER CLOSET.
JULIET HAS TWO CLOSETS.
THE ONE SHE KEEPS HER CLOTHES IN...THE OTHER CLOSET SHE HIDES THE FACT SHE'S GAY IN.
THATS WHY HER AND RYAN ARE TOGETHER.
"LETS FAKE BEING STRAIGHT".
SOME PEOPLE ARE STILL NOT OK WITH JUST TELLING THE WORLD THEY ARE GAY. THESE TWO ARE A PRIME EXAMPLE.

WHATEVER

RYAN ONLY WANTS TO "BE" JULIANNE OR WHOEVER SHE IS. HE IS DATING HER TO GET INTO HER CLOSET.
JULIANNE HAS TWO CLOSETS.
THATS WHY HER AND RYAN ARE TOGETHER.
"LETS FAKE BEING STRAIGHT".

Moi

When I was 19 years old, I had a long relationship with a 36 year old man. I didn't want to date teenagers. I was more mature for my age.
Anyway, I am 10 years older than my husband, and we have three daughters aged 10, 8, and 1. We have been together for 14 years. I don't think Julie will have a problem being with Ryan even if he is older than her. It depends on the individuals involved.

Randy

I find your lead in comment misinformed....that he lacked the proper equipment..ahh,genitally. As gay men (whether he is or isn't) we have the right equipment...we just choose different partners to make use of it. Try to phrase it correctly...it makes your site look like it's run by country bumpkins,not professionals....

Lake

proper equipment? Excuse me? Gay men and straight men have the same "genital" equipment. You sound like junior high school kids giggling behind the bleachers.

scott

She is freakin hot, so kudos to you Ryan.

Harvey2

Seacrest..... Score !!!
Even if he were gay, shes an adorable hottie to hang with and go shopping...

HB

That doesn't sounds like something Julianne would say.

Suz

I doubt the server who may have overheard her private comment and blabbed to TMZ about what she said will be getting any $10,000 tip anytime soon. No wonder the poor girl didn't want to talk about the relationship - everything she says to anyone gets published somewhere!

SuzyCreamCheese

Seacrest is Gay and Girlfriend is a beard.
A cute little young beard at that!

CassieLA

Seacrest is a douche. I don't care if he's gay or not. He's still a dirty douche.

Bob

Ever hear of AC/DC and I don't mean tyhe band?

Politico Pablo

I thought he was just nearsighted.

Carvey

Everyone thinks Ryan is gay... even his boyfriend.

Franko

Translation: i waited 'til he was loaded financially since my talent is waning faster than Mel Gibson's career.