Sheriff

Will Investigate Extortion Claim Against Oksana

7/21/2010 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... the L.A. County Sheriff's Department will investigate allegations that Oksana Grigorieva attempted to extort money from Mel Gibson ... in return for keeping the tapes secret.

0721_Oksana_Grigorieva_LA_badge_EX

Sheriff's spokesperson Steve Whitmore tells TMZ, "Extortion allegations have been brought to our attention and we are certainly going to be looking at that."

TMZ broke the story ... Gibson's attorney, Blair Berk, made a formal presentation to Sheriff's deputies yesterday, alleging she and her team have evidence of extortion and that Oksana lied to authorities about various claims.

Sources connected with Gibson have told TMZ they have "hard proof" of extortion.

Sources say deputies will also be investigating the allegations that Oksana made false claims.

Oksana's rep was not available for comment.

vale

wow TMZ, you adore mel..

BReasonable

yes, it is very obvious that Radar is pro Oksana because Radar was founded (or co-founded) by Oksana's publicist. I refuse to go to radar's site to give them hits and I don't want to read their lies.

barbara

Someting is now right--SHE is so CALM when they are fighting--someone yell at me like that I would yell back or just get the hell out of there--SHE is provoking him-just to record him!!!!

michael

are blue

BReasonable

it isn't that we adore Mel. If this was between Mel and Robyn, I'd side with Robyn. This is about Mel and Oksana and justice. If this was just about his verbal abuse, I wouldn't necessarily side with Mel. I would have to think about that. I am outraged that she can make false accusations and create false evidence against him just so she can extort money from him.

Dani

I think, she is after money or something but, I think Mel has something wrong with him too. For those who say his home life was so wonderful...think again. I mean, a wife of nearly 30 years and for Mel to throw it all away plus, in 2005 one son, Christoher had a DUI arrest near same spot as Mel and then in 2007 another son, Edward, entered rehab for alcohol and cocaine in 2007 and distanced himself from the family....the Gibson family has had their share of problems and I think, there is more to this family then we will ever know. It's been behind private doors and the family has done a good job at keeping it that way until now with the girlfriend and her big mouth and now....things are getting out into the public. Like I said, I think there is a lot more then meets the eye and there is more going on then we will ever know and they will make sure, we never will know. They want their privacy at whatever the cost and it sounds like they are going after it/her and they are going to shut her up and make sure she keeps her mouth and secrets quiet but, she's not going down queitly and she's going to make sure we know as much about him as she can before he and the law silents her for good. Just my guess. No family is perfect or without flaws and obviously, neither is theirs.

kickaboo

Doesn't AMI own ROL? No wonder they are desperate for hits and money. http://chicagopressrelease.com/news/american-media-inc-reaches-new-agreement-with-bondholders The National Enquirer and other nasty, trashy tabloids under this same umbrella. NE blackmailed Tiger into doing a cover for one of their Golf rags because they had the goods on him. Save your money and bankrupt tabloids.

Tabloids are not interested in reporting truth.

LISA

The LA Police is not fond of Mel, because of his past interactions with them.
So the evidence must be pretty good against Oksana.
Her attempt to manipulate the public has become transparent. The photo
of the baby with a little pimple is a joke. Her photo of chipped tooth veneers
shows no mouth trauma. The leaked phone conversations show evidence of
tampering ... And we haven't seen even seen the evidence from Mel's team yet!
They are going straight to the courts and not the tabloids, where all evidence
belonged to in the first place.
Oksana has Fu@*d herself big time.I bet that $ 15 million offer from Mel is starting
to look better and better.
And for those few people that still believe her,- no, I wasn't hired by some
conspiracy PR firm. I'm just fascinated by this melodrama like everyone else.
From now on it will be about FACTS.
She has committed a crime and has to be held accountable like any other
person. I feel sorry for the kids.
Mel does need to apologize for the "N***er" comment, and to her son for
calling him a name. As for the names he called her, they seem pretty
accurate to me.

LISA

The LA Police is not fond of Mel, because of his past interactions with them.
So the evidence must be pretty good against Oksana.

Her attempt to manipulate the public has become transparent. The photo
of the baby with a little pimple is a joke. Her photo of chipped tooth veneers
shows no mouth trauma. The leaked phone conversations show evidence of
tampering ... And we haven't seen even seen the evidence from Mel's team yet!
They are going straight to the courts and not the tabloids, where all evidence
belonged to in the first place.

to look better and better.

And for those few people that still believe her,- no, I wasn't hired by some
conspiracy PR firm. I'm just fascinated by this melodrama like everyone else.

From now on it will be about FACTS.

She has committed a crime and has to be held accountable like any other
person. I feel sorry for the kids.

Mel does need to apologize for the "******" comment, and to her son for
calling him a name. As for the names he called her, they seem pretty
accurate to me.

BReasonable

Dani, enough already. Just about everyone has a relative which is problematic in one way or the other. It doesn't mean that it is necessarily the parent's fault. It's not like all of their children are troubled.

StarryStarryNight

dani...clean up and psycho analyze your own family tree before you jump on the gibsons.

whateva

Checked out the picture on radaronline. That is no bruise on the baby, looks like she might have scratched herself with her little fingernail. Shame on Oksana for giving out her childs pic to a tabloid.

Dani

@BReasonable

Enough already? I thought this was a board where we are free to speak our minds?!? If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it or go some where else. I have the right as you do. I can be objective all I want!

ria

No wonder... gold digger she is... !!! http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_19970615/ai_n14464925/

Paula Schultze

Little did Mel know when he made "Edge of Darkness" he really was on the EDGE OF DARKNESS with this woman!