The Day Oksana Taped Mel

7/25/2010 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ Oksana Grigorieva began secretly recording Mel Gibson shortly after he accused her of messing around with the "tree man."

0723_oksana_mel_gibson_EX_getty
Sources intimately familiar with the case tell TMZ ... on February 18, Oksana went to Mel's house and he allegedly flew into a rage. Sources say, according to Oksana, Mel had quit smoking that day and was in a "terrible mood." As TMZ first reported, Mel had also tried to quit smoking the day of their nuclear blowup on January 6.

On February 18, we're told Mel became insanely jealous ... allegedly accusing Oksana of having an affair with her landscaper. According to Oksana, she had to leave because she felt if she didn't Mel would hurt her and the baby. We're told after she left, an enraged Mel began calling ... and she began recording.

Sources tell TMZ there was no physical violence on February 18 and the only type of violence between the January 6 encounter and the February 18 encounter was verbal ... not physical.

We're told all of the recordings were made on February 18.

BallaBlocka

Okay, first it was the "fathers on her son's basketball team" (probably some black dudes), now it's the "tree man" (probably an Enrique Iglesias look-alike)??? Damn, now I really understand why Mel let the racial epithets fly, LOL......

BoredOnTheEastCoast

The Mel Zone, Too Much Zaniness, ENOUGH ALREADY. Who really gives a rats butt about these losers. I'm about to block TMZ from my browser because you're so obsessed by these losers. It's one thing to have one article a day. It's another to have every other article about these idiots. Move on please.

JD

This is the first time TMZ used a photo of Mel that doesn't make him look completely insane.

itsMeAgain

Posted at 5:43 AM on Jul 24, 2010 by BoredOnTheEastCoast

please, this is a man's life, his empire, this skank is trying to destroy...all that he has worked for in >30 years of brilliance, this whore comes<3 years is now trying to destroy out beloved legend...

if she is lying we the fans will do everything to prevent the derailing of Mel's life.

It is not fair ...what is happening to this man just b/c he got caught up with this insane skank.

if someone was doing this to you, i am sure you would love some support!!

if you are over this story, simply stop reading and either scroll down to other stories or just go to a different site.
SIMPLE AS THAT!

BoredOnTheEastCoast

That's my point! Scroll down to what other stories? THERE AREN'T ANY! As for doing this to me, are you freaking kidding me. Neither of these losers appreciate what's been given to them. They have no bounds on their lives and behave like a spoiled 10 year old. If they want to destroy their lives, I don't care. But let's not pretend that TMZ isn't pandering to your obsessive behavior as well. Take the hook out and move on with your life.

Mel

Mel Gibson deserves every bit of what's happening to him....he wanted her, he got her. He threw away his marriage/family for this woman and now he cannot stand that HE is the one who got played. HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!! Mel Gibson has to BUY posters to post positive things about him because he's such a LOSER in real life.

HIS words came back to bite him in the arse....I bet he NEVER expected ANYONE to EVER expose him because of his "stature" and $$$$. Money can't buy him a single thing now.

You're TOAST, Mel...and ALL by your OWN WORDS/ACTIONS/DEEDS.

A COMPLETE WORLD-WIDE LAUGHING-STOCK!!!

Pimpcessa

So, these tapes were all from the same day? I really want to hear what was said in the beginning of the tapes. I'm sure he didn't just start by saying "Oksana, blow me you ****ing whore, slut, golddigger with a dysfunctional *****". Her camp made it seem that this is how he spoke to her on a regular basis, well maybe not daily, bur certainly more than once. So, this could have been just a really bad day that started with him quitting smoking, coming to her (his) house and seeing her dressed scantilly around the gardner while flirting. Let's not forget that she fell asleep the night before when she promised to give him a blow job BEFORE THE JACUZZI (snort). This really turning into a circus show. I'm sorry, I don't think he hit her, the baby or her son. I think he got verbally abusive when he realized he was getting extorted by a woman that couldn't care less about him at all. But, I gotta tell ya, if you think you're going to try to steal my money, you are definitely gonna get an ear full of my thoughts regarding you and your actions. And for her to put those tapes out there of 1 day when he was out of control, knowing full well the world is villainizing him as a full time out of control crazy man, is completely manipulative. He hasn't said or done anything in the media regarding her and she appears to be hanging herself all by herself.

B

If no one involved in this case is supposed to be talking about this case... then why are there hourly updates of "new" information, photos, and recordings? I don't know what happened between these two, but clearly agendas are being played out in the court of popular opinion. I wish these two would concentrate on what is important - Their child - and shut their respective sides up.

kickaboo

From growing up where this stuff went on all the time...why isn't Gibson heard on tape ranting about the tree man? Trust, a drunk or even a dry drunk will get a hold of a bone...doesn't let loose of the bone (subject) for hours, it seems. Who is your source, TMZ? Oksana?

josh

Hey tmz you know she's a freaking LIAR so quit posting stuff to make her look like she's not stupid and crazy! Fugly woman is an extortionist and she should be deported along with her stupid sister back to russia or ship them both to Siberia!!

josh

Hey TMZ have you forgot your journalistic creed 'report not distort'? Everything out of her mouth is a LIE! We want to be served truth not lies! Oksana is a freaking gold digging liar along with her sister, they come into our country and start trying to extort money from our Stars! Mel could do so much better then this skank!! If she didn't leak the tapes and her sister didn't leak the tapes then I guess it was Mel, huh?!! And you filmed her yesterday lieing her fugly ass off saying she didn't know who leaked the tapes. Is she stupid to believe that we believe that!!? Just because she's a stupid ignorant person she thinks everyone is blind.

Preserve the Tiger

Wouldn't surprise me if the landscaper had worked on the wrong shrubbery! I know that's crude, but so is Oksana! It has been proven that she has no morals, nor a conscience!

Sully

Posted at 6:04 AM on Jul 24, 2010 by Pimpcessa

Your point is mute,Multiple times on the tapes he tell's her she has one more chance or if she loves him crawl back and blow him and apology. This from a man who KNEW or atleast SUSPECTED she was taking his money if you believe that.

He gets everything he deserved he wanted HER even after he knew what was going on HE STILL WANTED HER still wanted a chick who he alleged threw her self on the ground with the baby and shook the baby violently HE STILL WANTED HER. He's a paranoid and obviouly meantally ill first it was the father's at Sasha's basketball team she was allegedly cheating with now it's the garderner this man has lost his mind. NOTHING CAN EVER REDEEM HIM UNLESS HE APOLOGIZES TO EVERYONE HE WRONGED OR HURT AND GOES TO JAIL FOR HIS CRIMES THEN TO REHAB. PRAY FOR THIS MORON MEL GIBSON.

areyoukiddingme

"Outrageous finger-pointing is a childish tactic, needless to say, which only furthers the notion that most of you are not that bright & are incited by unfounded anger. There's still no evidence of wrongdoing on her part, which means she can't be "clearly" guilty of anything. Some of you live off disparaging her for the sake of it, since you cannot logically substantiate your BS. So much for innocent until proven guilty. What has been written is mostly anachronic events which are up for your interpretion, yet neither Mel nor Oksana have confirmed every piece of information. The tapes are the only non-speculative part of this case.
Most likely Oksana won't be charged with extortion, as it's incredibly hard to prove intent. I can't defend Oksana as a person, but the vitriolic comments directed at her on this site have become tired & show a lack of humanity. "

*************************************************************

Well said, Saira!! It's waaaay too soon to have made up your mind about Oksana. Aren't any of you concerned with a little thing called EVIDENCE? Oksana has said that there are no tapes or email evidence of extortion, to wait for the trial and it will come out then. I have no idea if she is telling the truth, and NEITHER DO YOU! Aren't you at least CURIOUS to learn facts as opposed to inventing them? Due process, people. You're all so quick to crucify this woman. If I had a penny for every time I've read "Russian _____" here. The whole anti-Russian thing just proves what the world thinks of us... we're xenophobic, self-serving ignorami who care nothing about other people. As Saira said, it shows a lack of humanity.

Preserve the Tiger

Maybe the 'green outfit' she was wearing was the landscaper; Mel kept talking about the 'green outfit.' Whole new meaning to "Go Green."