Brittany Murphy, Husband's Deaths -- the Mold Factor

7/25/2010 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The investigation into Brittany Murphy and Simon Monjack's deaths is now being handled by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, TMZ has learned ... and it's all because of mold found in their home.

0723_simon_monjack_brittany_murphy_EX_getty
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the issue of mold in the house came up early during the investigation into Brittany's death -- but it was deemed "not to be a contributing factor."

Then when Simon passed away a few months later, we're told the issue came up again -- but Brittany's mom, Sharon, wouldn't let the L.A. County Coroner's Office in to investigate the mold. Now, we're told, Sharon has agreed to let Public Health investigators into the home.

Mold could be relevant to Simon and Brittany's respiratory health. Pneumonia was a cause of death for both of them.

We're also told Simon's mother, Linda Monjack is fully supportive of this move, and will be flying from Europe so she can be close to the investigation.

UPDATE: A rep for Sharon tells TMZ, "I have never been personally asked by the Coroner or anyone from the Health Department to come and inspect my home for mold ... to the best of my knowledge there has been no evidence of mold at the Murphy residence."

smartypants1

Why do we have to wait till we are dead to test for these things? I was sick and almost died and wanted to make sure no one else got sick also, but still cant find anyone to come out. Even though grandson and another daughter are always sick with nose, and cough, like allergies. :(

I would pay if I could find an agency that would test for the Hantavirus and the mold or Mycotoxins. But cant find one.

Posted at 10:39 AM on Jul 25, 2010 by Susie
__________________
That sounds terrible. Why didn't your daughter or grandson get as sick as you did? I understand the nose & cough thing, but their symptoms are nothing compared to what you went through.
Does your daughter live with you or visit a lot?
My father has represented several people in mold cases. They were all from rentals. I'll ask him what if any, the outcome was.

who dat

"I'm currently living in an apartment complex where my building has mold outside of it's 8 lower bedroom windows.(mine is one of them) All but 2 apartments have elderly persons. Three persons are experiencing respiratory problems. Our local health dept WON'T come to investigate, stating we as tenants need to hire a mold inspection company and pay for the service ourselves. None of use can afford the cost and none of us can afford to move."

Call your local building department. Ask for code violations. Every rental clause has wording regarding the building being uninhabitable. Get the building department to send a notice to the building owners re the complaint. Have them send you a copy of the notice. This should force a cleanup of the problem.

Susie

Very True Mark. Doctors do the fast work needed to save your life, which they definately did with me or I would have been a statistic. One to wait and find out what happened AFTER I DIED. Hmm not a nice thought.
The County Health Depts and UP to Federal say doctors are required to test for all of these "things" while they are running other tests on you. Its just a matter of checking the right boxes on the blood slips or wrting it in. Now they are required in case there is a mold issue, a rat virus issue, or any type issue that would require quarantines, and testing on other family members. And do it before someone else dies or gets sick.
There might not be definative blood tests but if certain things are low or high, or this is present or that, it is more certain that something else besides a common pneumonia is the cause. How can a doctor diagnose a atypical pneumonia(no apparent reason for it, no bacteria, no virus, fungus, etc) and then do no further tests to figure out why you got it?
Is there mold in my house? Do have have rats? Is that huge mud kale down the slop the City keeps filling up dirt keeps washing away the dirt, and no one will tell us where all that water is coming from????? Is that making us sick? Coming fron under our slab foundations as it runs to the mud lake?

I try to get people involved, did finally get the city out here for the Rats, wow he got pretty sick and said dont stop, take it higher, but all we get is stop signs.

I will try your partner in helping with these myotoxins and health issues and see if he can refer me to the right persons.
Thank you Mark for taking the extra time to message back.

TruthAboutMold

Mold can cause serious health problems. For accurate information about the health effects of mold, go to http://truthaboutmold.info and http://achemmic.com.

Lisa

Maybe we could move Paris Hilton and Lezby Ducklips into that house, that would solve a lot of problems. Oh, and we could invite Joran Van Der Sloot and Greasy Bear Zarif, too!

kromen

I called that ****. Mold is more deadly then most people realize. A weakened immune system doesn't help either.

E

Mold is definitely something you don't want to mess with.

However, mold did not prevent 911 from being called in not just one but TWO cases, and mold somehow left completely unscathed a single one of the three people living there. In my opinion, something beyond just the mold is rotten in that house.

I mean, if anyone I knew stopped breathing, I would be calling 911 within seconds; wouldn't you?

Susie

Hey there Ms. 59. Smartypants

Posted at 10:39 AM on Jul 25, 2010 by Susie
__________________
Does your daughter live with you or visit a lot?

Posted at 11:17 AM on Jul 25, 2010 by smartypants1

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and take the Chemo infusion medications and then other meds by mouths. So I basically do not have an immune system. People who are older and with lowered immune systems are more likely to suc***b to the Hantavirus. 30 percent of those to contract the virus die within 1 to 2 after the completeness of fluid in lungs develops, and then everything shuts down. Doctors do not recognize this for what it is, and they do not do the proper testing.
But also because of my non existant immune system if I do get a cold or flu like symptoms I am suppose to get right to the hospital. I dont remember anything after the Xmas Night Dec. 25th, 2009 when I went to bed and told my husband, I am feeling a fever and flu like stuff going on huney, will you check on me in the morning? Being used to this type of feeling with the meds I take(which can cause achy, tired, flu symptoms, but not this bad)I didnt think too much of it other then boy have to go to ER in the morning. Thats it, hook line and sinker. Evidently my husband got up, checked me for fever, I was burning up, I guess I was talking, however I do not remmber that. Got me to ER and was eventuallly intubated because I had stopped breathing several times, with apoxnia I think its called and Adult respiratory failure. Both being a sure sign of Hantavirus when that abruptly. I never had a cough, never had any other symptoms of pneumonia, all tests for virus's, bacteria, fungus came back negative, however they treated me for all types. Towards the end of the 3rd week I started responding, and just like a miracle began breathing on my own. The recovery was hell, I never knew what it was like to be that ill and immobile for so long, and throw in some lack of motor functions due to the lack of oxegen for so long a few times.
I am still in the recovery process after getting blood clots in my lungs a few days after being released from the hospital. Then was back in for another 10 days.

Being just now well enough to get an attorney, and we also moved to another home across the street from our old one, and when we showed the pictures, after we had written letter up on letter to the property mgmt about the rats and they did nothing, she was just like oh la de da.
Now the house is up for sale and some poor person is going to buy it not knowing what is going on in that house. The City did come by and look and he was appalled at the rat waste, and mess in the attic, its literally full. But he said its a civil issue.

Also to answer your question, yes my one daughter is fine now, no cough, no congestion, nothing, about 2 weeks after we moved, and my grandson is the same. It was like a miracle and thanks to God. For me it took about a month for me to start coming around, and WOW what a difference to not breath that anymore through the ducting of the AC and Heating.
I do now have permanent scarring to my lungs so I presume I will be more susceptable to other illnesses. I have never had pneumonia before.
That is my story unfortunately and thanks to god and many prayers across this country I made it. Hantavirus kills within 1 of your lungs filling up and being unable to breath. Alot of people just wait too long not knowing that it is going to kill them while they sleep. :(

E

Correction Re: #66, I mean if anyone around me stopped breathing, I'd call 911 within seconds, not just if I knew them

Y do he got

THE MUPPETS part2

Fugilebrity

Mold wasn't the only bad stuff that was going through their nose and into their lungs.

Grizelda

These 2 tired out old junkies had weakened their immune systems by overloading them with too much meth, crack, heroin, whatever...they were toxic folks leading an unhealthy lifestyle...I also think there is something hinky about the entire family, that mother is hiding something!

hotbitch

Everyone keeps mentioning that this would happen to someone with a compromised immune system. Has no one thought that it could be AIDS? That could explain both the pneumonia and anemia. Something to think about. Look, I heard the 911 call Sharon placed when Brittany died and it was gut-wrenching. I would never in a million years think it was her.

shelley

There may be something to this mold theory. it's bad stuff and when you add pneumonia.....it can screw up your respir system immensely.

Hope mom not allowing them to search for mold after Brittny died does not mean Simon had to die needlessly. But I am sure that Simon was told of the mold theory too and went along with Sharon. Still, stupid on her part.

carole

It was probably a TERRORIST ATTACK by the Taliban, using chemical warfare...