Brittany Murphy, Husband's Deaths -- the Mold Factor

7/25/2010 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The investigation into Brittany Murphy and Simon Monjack's deaths is now being handled by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, TMZ has learned ... and it's all because of mold found in their home.

0723_simon_monjack_brittany_murphy_EX_getty
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the issue of mold in the house came up early during the investigation into Brittany's death -- but it was deemed "not to be a contributing factor."

Then when Simon passed away a few months later, we're told the issue came up again -- but Brittany's mom, Sharon, wouldn't let the L.A. County Coroner's Office in to investigate the mold. Now, we're told, Sharon has agreed to let Public Health investigators into the home.

Mold could be relevant to Simon and Brittany's respiratory health. Pneumonia was a cause of death for both of them.

We're also told Simon's mother, Linda Monjack is fully supportive of this move, and will be flying from Europe so she can be close to the investigation.

UPDATE: A rep for Sharon tells TMZ, "I have never been personally asked by the Coroner or anyone from the Health Department to come and inspect my home for mold ... to the best of my knowledge there has been no evidence of mold at the Murphy residence."

mystery

Inhale enough coke and you're gonna get respitory problems. They had a LOT of prescription drugs in that house...just like Anna Nicole Smith did. Their deaths were drug related. Inspect the mold all you want...they found drugs in their system, not mold.

sherlie

I have been intrigue by suad leija the young Mexican girl and her crime family that operates the largest illegal do***ent center in 53, cities, I see she is federal witness against them. Go to www.suadleija.com and www.paperweapons.net . I would like to see a piece on her in your show.. and more pictures please..i am sure alot of people will agree with me that this is a very interesting cool story and or her double U.S.agent husband and his operations in other countries...i know they live in Atlanta Ga. and her father was recently extradited to the U.S.A and is now awaiting trials in Chicago.....please if you guys know more of her let me know....thank you.

Flowerlips

A majority of premature celeb deaths are of drug ODs. Including these. But Big Pharma does not want the public to know that most of their pills are deadly poisons. So the media invents fake causes to cover up the truth.

katie

They need to be looking at Brittany's mom.

4Momma4

To all the ignorant people out there who think anemia has nothing to do with mold exposure, exposure to toxic molds can cause anemia along with a host of other problems. We abandon our home due to elevated levels of numerous strains of toxic mold (theres more than just stachybotrys). Mold exposure can cause allergies, asthma, flu like symptoms and frequent colds, rashes, digestive issues (gluten intolerance) and ulcers, endocrine problems such as diabetes, hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue which in turn causes sleep disturbance, neurological problems such as headaches, memory problems, unable to multi task, vision loss and eventually brain damage. It can also cause behavioral problems and ADHD in children. Mold exposure is not something to mess with. You don't have to be dirty or poor to get infested with molds. It can invade multi million dollar mansions.

Just sayn

mold should be spelled MOM
That is the in-common they had...follow the money

I 'SAY' FAKE...

There were several people living in that house besides Britt, Sharon & *SKUM-jacka$$* - the BUTTler plus the house staff- none of them are sick. This is all a LIE to deflect the FACT Brittany was a long-time cocaine AND Rx opiate addict who never set foot on a rehab center, but during Her Last Months decided to self-detox. Just going cold turkey off of *drugs* like cocaine or opiates will cause pneumonia. BTW... the phony "mold angle" is taken from a thread at imdb which Sharon's PR agent has read and has run with it. Don't be FOOLed... this is an obvious PR spin with no truth or merit.

suz

I worked as a resp. therapist in Hawaii and all too frequent someone who lived in damp areas had mold in their homes and would end up in the ER and rarely made it out of the ER

FISHY

This is reeking of something fishy! Im not talking mold either! Mom lost daughter, mom lost son-in-law. Same reasons and symptoms! Mom is enjoying Europe! Mom wouldnt allow an investigation!
Maybe mom slowly poisoned her daughter, then waiting a while and got the son-in-law! I mean the only one who gained anything was MOM, she is the only survivor. Obviously older and not as healthy? If it was mold why didn't she suc***b first?
IF I WERE THE POLICE I WOULD BE EXHUMING BODIES AND CHECKING FOR LOW DOSES OF TOXIC CHEMICALS..COULD BE ANYTHING!
MOM LOOKS REALLY SUSPECT TO ME!

PLEASE CHECK THE BODIES FOR LOW TRACES OF TOXINS OR POISONS, COULD B MERCURY, RAT POISON, ARSENIC...SHE MIGHT BE A SMART OLE LADY WHO HIRED SOMEONE TO TELL HER WHAT DO DO!

MOM, HOPE THE POLICE ARE WATCHIN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meme

I still think Mom had a hand in this....

Susie

It is true that some things like Mold, toxins, hantavirus or other illnesses from rats, mice, tics do affect persons with lower immune systems usually first, or elderly.
There can be many reasons for a lowered immune system and anemia including medications, certain diseases or other chronic illnesses, and of course drug abuse or even over the counter medications used for a long duration.

Because of my medications for Rheumatoid Arthritis, which are lower doses of chemotherapy, I am always borderline anemic, even with iron and other vitamins, and my immune system is a big fat ZERO.
So there could definately be contributing factors besides mold, and hantavirus's like the perscription drugs, the cold she had, the over the counter medications. So all of you are on the right track of why they would die promptly instead of just get sick and get worse over time. With Hantavirus as soon as it hits you with fever, immediately you fall in respiratory failure and if you are going to die as 30 to 40 percent of those do, it is within that first 24 hour period that most people would lay in bed and go OMG this is the worst flu ever. Then they are unconscious due to lack of oxegen. :(

I do not believe the mother has anything to do with it. However with her medical history she technically should have contracted any illnesses before either of the other two. But then she may take care of herself better with vitamins and rest better knowing she has a weakened state, which is what I try to do.

NikkiStorm

The Mother needs further investigation. Maybe she poisoned them both. if the mold is so bad, is the Mother becoming deathly ill? she still lives there doesn't she...it doesn't add up.

my 2 cents

Wasn't the late Ed McMahon's house loaded with mold ?. I hope that they weren't living in his house.

MSE

I don't know. I'm kind of buying this. As an allergy sufferer myself, I can see how a "perfect storm" of things could do it.

STEPHANIE

SORRY TO SAY THIS BUT I WOULD LOOK INTO THE MOM COME ON THE LADY KINDA ACTED A LITTLE BIZARRE ON THE 911 CALL OR MABYE SHE WAS JUST HIGH,SHE DEFINALY KNOWS MORE THEN WHAT SHE IS TELLING