Chris Tucker

11 Million Tax Problems

7/28/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Tucker's ongoing tax problems have reached Nicolas Cage proportions -- according to new docs, the "Rush Hour" star now owes the IRS more than $11 million in back taxes.

0727-tucker-launch-credit
The Internal Revenue Service filed documents with the L.A. County Recorder's Office yesterday, which show Tucker owes $11,571,909.26 in federal taxes for the years 2001, 2002 and 2004 through 2006.

Here's how it all breaks down:

2001 -- $4,007,794.34
2002 -- $5,060,074.23
2004 -- $55,544.84
2005 -- $660,414.94
2006 -- $1,788,080.91

But this isn't Tucker's first issue with taxes -- as we previously reported, the State of California filed a lien against Tucker for allegedly not paying $3,594,409 in state taxes over the same time span.

FYI -- Back in 2001, Tucker reportedly took in a $20 million payday for "Rush Hour 2" and scored $25 million for "Rush Hour 3" ... which hit theaters in 2007.

So far, no word from Chris' people on the tax situation.

barbarianbabs

NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO PAY MORE THAN 10% OF FRIGGIN TAXES IN THIS STUPID OVER TAXED COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HarlotO'Hara

what's his excuse going to be?

Eric

You mean I has to pay taxes on dis money? Sheet!

HarlotO'Hara

lmao @ eric!

that will be first on his list of excuses.

SC

I live in a whole of the wall town named Columbia, SC. I was talking with friends yesterday and the biggest buzz for the week is Chris Tuckers apperance at the local Comedy House. I told them if he's coming to the land of no where he's broke. We debating over this issue what seems like for ever. Thank you for proving me right. I'm from a the big city of NY and not to diss small towns but when the big money is rolling in SC couldn't afford any big time star to come to this state. To see a big headline star you have to go to Atlanta, GA or Charlotte, NC.

SC

Ro

If that were me not paying taxes, I would be thrown in jail that minute. Why are actors treated like God?

Dwight

I have nothing to say pro or con - except I can't stand either his voice in films or his voice when not in films - very grating

alex

what the hell! i get nailed for "over valuing" my charitable contributions of less than 1k yet these peeps owe millions? something is seriously wrong here.

jus-sayin

An he calls himself an American?

beau

Wow !! Who do the stars and Athletes have advising them about their money and taxes???..Let's see..after insurance, baby mama's, mama a house, 3 or 4 cars, mansion, agent, lawyer's,bling bling, private jet trips,vulture's, much more ..how much is left? The great comic who gave us so much pleasure..Redd Foxx was stripped bare.

Mark

Why doesn't Chris get off his ass and do more movies? The guy does a Rush Hour film every few years and barely works. The guy could be a much bigger star if he actually worked.

Winz

Really stupid, Chris. I'm sick and tired of celebs trying to blame their tax problems on their accountants. It's their responsibility to stay on top of their business. I don't feel sorry for him in the least.

FreakHater

If these Celebs would pay what they owe the Gov't, we may have a small chance of survival!! Why do they think they are exempt from paying taxes?? Idiots!

HarlotO'Hara

a friend was working for a company that went under because the owner was using the business funds as his own personal checking account. the owner was not actually sending the irs the taxes he was taking from each person's paycheck.

now you would think the irs would go after the owner, right? wrong. they've sent him letters but he continues to finagle his way out of trouble.

the owner is still sitting in his luxurious home while my friend had their wages at their new job garnished because the taxes hadn't been paid.

the irs told him...it's your job to make sure your employer is actually paying your taxes.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments