Gibson's Racist Rant Triggers Immigration Complaint

7/27/2010 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Mel Gibson got ratted out to the government after an immigration group heard him use a derogatory term for illegal aliens -- and the complaint could spark an investigation into who's working for Mel.

0715_mel_gibson_EX_getty_2
The San Diego Minutemen tell TMZ they dropped a dime on Mel with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) because they heard him refer to one of his domestic workers as a "wetback" during the secretly-recorded rant at Oksana Grigorieva.

The Minutemen are volunteers whose mission is "to demand maximum border security and immigration enforcement" -- and we're told Gibson's use of the epithet led the group to wonder if he is employing illegal immigrants. So they called the ICE hotline last week to report Gibson.

The Minutemen tell TMZ they were told an investigation would be opened.

A rep from the Los Angeles ICE office could not be reached for comment. Same for Mel's rep.

Katt

LEAVE THE POOR MAN ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! F#$% OKSANA SHE IS A GOLDIGGER N OBVIOUSLY HURT HIM SO BAD THAT HE IS SO F&^%ING PISSED!! HE DID ALOT 4 THAT SLUT!!! N OBVIOUSLY SPENT ALOT OF MONEY ON HER!! SO Y CANT HE CURSE THE HOE OUT!! I LUV MEL N HIS ACTING.. STAY OUT HIS LIFE NOSY MOTHERF^%$ERS!! GET YA OWN LIFE!!

Superman

There's no doubt in my mind that he hired illegal immigrants!!! Low-life douchebag!!!

denishawilliams

mel got some real problems now.

Mike

I think using derogatory words during an angry tirade directed at a particular person doesn't necessarily mean hatred for the people being mentioned. It definitely means anger at the one the angry person is talking to.

When I was first married and went through personality and cultural clashes with my husband, I used to lose my temper. When angry, I'd describe everything in strongest terms - even innocent things like chairs or even innocent neighbors, I'd say bloody chairs or say "let the effin neighbors hear what I think." I didn't hate our neighbor but by using angry words and derogatory terms, I was showing my husband the strength of my rage and that he doesn't deserve polite language. (Fortunately for us, we've learned to deal with each other better and been married for years and years.)

Mels' rant was a private rant by an angry man at one particular person. It was a private tirade. It was a messy day in an acrimonious break-up. The things he was demeaning were somehow things that were or can be associated with her. He was angry at her. His language was directed at her.

If he rarely falls into a rage, what he says in his normal everyday life will be a better reflection of his character not things he'd say when pushed to the limit. The tapes do not show how often he gets angry cause his rants were taken from one day only.

Posted at 3:29 AM on Jul 27, 2010 by hmmm

---------------------------------------
*clap, clap, clap, clap* I have mirrored that exact sentiment since the tapes went public. What one says in a fit of rage is not a proper reflection of what exists in one's heart and mind.

Tammy

Damn! This skank is really costing the taxpapers of CA a lot of money. DCFS, LA Sherrifs Office (Multiple investiagtionbs) and npow ICE. I wonder how the illegal alien groups feel about her now that her leak of the illegally recorded tapes have gotten one of theirs being loked at by ICE? I hope the nanny has her papers, but the tapes suggest sje doesn, or it's bye-bye USA for her.

Muppet

Jumping the gun on that one just a little bit aren't they, since the tapes have not been proven legit yet. Hope Mel sues their a$$es for this.

deena

My understanding in all this was MEl, did NOT want Oksa to have that maid in the house, Im a minuteman supporter, but he is doing the right thing, its Oksa who wants her in the house. So at this point Mel should not pay her(as he said in his rant) and let Oksa take the fall if she wants to pay her. Oh wait she cant its mel's money

Judy

Rants is exactly what it is...why don't we hear anyone else on these tapes? Was he talking to himself? Bait and tape. We all say things when we are angry plenty of men and women fight like that one minute and there in each others arms the next. Of course that won't happen here because she has other motives behind all this BS.

mike

Ok enuff allready! This is some stupid stuff to be calling it news! I myself cant stand ILLEGAL emigrants. Thay want to be hear so bad then they should come here legaly!!!!!!!!!

g's girls

Make certain immigration checks Oksana's papers while they are there checking on the staff's legalization.

Eddie

You know, this is getting so old. Besides, How many other people of ALL races use that language? The only difference between him and everybody else is his Ex is trying to fry him.

ouy

lol too funny. Goes to show, Open your mouth and you curse yourself.

ouy

I agree about the taxes for court expenses in this. California is broke. If this is proven to be a ruse, she should go to prison just on fraudulently burdening California residents with extraneous and unnecessary legal expenses.

ouy

you know, if this is true, then this is very petty. The Governor of Arizona is being sued for illegally using State powers in lieu of Federal powers to try to stem the unstoppable tide of illegal immigrants. Being accursed of installing her own immigration policy. And the Minutemen want to focus on Mel Gibson because he said "WETBACK". America has gone to the ****can in logic. Not one President yet has put full power into stopping this takeover. And now this? This is too laughable. This is totally Ludicrus. Maybe thehe Devil has landed!

voice of reason

Here we go. The gates are opening and everybody is going after Mel for a pound of flesh.
Some are posting that he has hired illegals, its unpatriotic, takes jobs away from Americans, etc. etc.. WHERE IS YOUR PROOF?
Get a reality check. Its your own government that is allowing illegals in the USA for big businesses.
Isnt the state of Arizona being sued on this very issue?
Come on people, keep it real and stop spreading malicious, unfounded garbage!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments