'American Idol' Interested in Jessica Simpson

7/28/2010 6:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica Simpson has had "several meetings" with the brass at "American Idol" in the hopes of taking over Simon Cowell's judging duties ... and sources involved tell TMZ there's "mutual interest."

0728_Jessica_Simpson_idol_getty_bn

We're told "Idol" is expected to make an official announcement regarding the judge situation sometime around the beginning of September.

So far, FOX has no comment on the situation.

Ehécatl

#32 and #39. I agree, they should replace Simon with Harry Connick, Jr. Then, again, even those singing dogs on that Christmas album could do a better job than Jessica Simpson.

joshNme

The show was doomed when Simon left..first Ellen D.?? im still WTFing on that one--- and now...JSimpson-as a judge-seriously?

Seriously?--- Goodbye To A.I......

The past few years have been lacking really i think most of the ratings are from people tuning in to watch the freakshows who TRY to qualify--

of course i lost interest a while ago--but i still like to complain! :)

Grace

Jessica would be terrible! The show is going to the dogs.
But I have an idea for a great replacement for Simon... GENE SIMMONS. I think he would be terrific and bring controversy.

suesch1950

They have got to be kidding!
If it is true, "last nail in the coffin" comes to mind.

Christine

Signing her would officially mean AI has jumped the shark. Or in this case the whale. Sorry - couldn't resist.

Zell

No. Next . . .

REALbarbwire7

I never thought about it! I think it's a great idea! Perfect!
SHE would be a Paula replacement.....and she can laugh at herself. I'm all for it!

Lil

If they get rid of that digardo woman that would be great. She would bring back what has been missing since they took Paula off.
I loved Paula and could really enjoy watching again with Jessica on it.
With Pau;a gone and Simon leaving I was never going to watch again but this would change my mind.

lisa biesele

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nononononononononononono..........seriously?

maryb.

Love Jessica...yes, a great replacement for Ellen at the very least! Ellen should never have been hired to replace Paula!!! Jessica's a great business woman (built a fortune) and the QVC setting is a challenge for many business people but she does understand music, people, and has a quirky sense of humor...young people would love her.

bstill

Simply put - She's NOT Relevant!

Patrick

I will not watch the show if that idiot replaces Simon.

marcia

Why???

Dubstep'n

Her and her janked up tinned Charlie of the Sea along with her Mrs. Roper mu'umu'u style would fit right in with all the retardedness that has become AI.

squeeky

I give Kara Diguardi about 10 seconds before she
STRANGLES Jessica. She does not have the patience
for DUMB. Jessica Simpson did not know that Chicken
of the Sea was TUNA....need I say anything else?