'American Idol' Interested in Jessica Simpson

7/28/2010 6:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica Simpson has had "several meetings" with the brass at "American Idol" in the hopes of taking over Simon Cowell's judging duties ... and sources involved tell TMZ there's "mutual interest."

0728_Jessica_Simpson_idol_getty_bn

We're told "Idol" is expected to make an official announcement regarding the judge situation sometime around the beginning of September.

So far, FOX has no comment on the situation.

Dubstep'n

Chicken
of the Sea was TUNA....need I say anything else?

Posted at 3:51 PM on Jul 28, 2010 by squeeky

________________________________________________________

LOL! Oh, I mentioned the tinned tuna thing but I called it Charlie of the Sea. I'm a bit close. Same smell, yeah?

MariJoy

That nose has been BROKEN...wonder how?

A

LOL they can pay her $1,000 per episode and she is a perfect follow up for Paula.

Friend?

Seriously, I don´t know who´s going to handle to replace Simon. Maybe Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen or Jay Z. It´s not an easy job to take over, hope American Idol stay as good as it has been so far.

Jen

I LOVE her!! Hope she joins American Idol!

tde

If Jessica becomes a judge, I will finally stop watching.

todd

Are you kiddin me?? A retarted monkey could do a better job than her. If she goes on, the show will be done.

Miss D-L

Please ...

Who came up with this ?
You know it's over when such suggestion occurs.

Enought said !

Laurin

I doubt they would get another female judge. I think Jessica would be a good judge though - someone who knows about the music business, unlike Ellen.

leafsfan1977

If this in fact does happen, Idol will have one less viewer. I was on the brink of giving up on this show last season. THIS would certainly seal the deal.

CanCan

jessica simpson?? you've got to be kidding me. i don't think she is a good fit at all. i think harry connick, jr. would be a great judge.

NDT

JC Chasez would be an AMAZING judge. He's an excellent singer who doesn't oversing unlike many American Idol contestants. He has had huge success and is now a writer/producer, like Kara. He is really sexy, and has judging experience.

GET JC!!!

ELLIE

LORD HAVE MERCY, ANYBODY BUT HER. THE ONE WHO THINKS CHICKEN OF THE SEA IS CHICKEN! PLUS SHE APPARENTLY HAS GAS PROBLEMS AND RIPS GOOD ONES ANY OLD TIME. I CAN HEAR IT NOW DURING OMEONE SINGING A BEAUTIFUL SONG AND ALL OF A SUDDEN RIPPPPP? AND THE SMELL AFTER. WELL IF THEY CHOOSE HER I FOR SURE WILL NOT BE WATCHING IDOL.
WHAT HAPPENED TO HARRY CONNICK JR? HE WOULD BE PERFECT.

Laurie

Jessica Simpson...seriously???? There have been rumors that Bret Michaels is out of the running - why?? He is a much better choice than Jessica Simpson and most of the others. She'd be a great guest judge for America's Next Top Model or Project Runway but AI? Bret all the way!

misty

i think this would be the final nail in AI's coffin. and it's not because she has no talent, although she doesn't. paula isn't really all that talented and she was hugely popular on that show. it's because AI has already been there with the crazy, silly, and not all there judge. in my opinion they need someone who is seriously qualified to give the judges some credibility back. randy is qualified but it's hard to take him seriously with all the DAWG talk. Kara is just hard core annoying and i end up fast forwarding through everything she says just because i can't stand the sound of her voice. ellen is fun and super entertaining on her show. but i didn't really see her loosen up a little until the end of last season. she needs to not take herself so seriously and realize she is there for comic relief...that's it. i think elton john would be amazing but i don't think they have a chance in hell of getting him. i also think harry connick jr would be gold. he was great during his guest week. he's funny, charming, honest, and beyond credible. i think the show is a sinking ship anyway but if they pick the right replacement they may be able to squeeze 5 years or so out of it. 7 maybe if they get rid of kara ASAP...