'American Idol' Interested in Jessica Simpson

7/28/2010 6:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica Simpson has had "several meetings" with the brass at "American Idol" in the hopes of taking over Simon Cowell's judging duties ... and sources involved tell TMZ there's "mutual interest."

0728_Jessica_Simpson_idol_getty_bn

We're told "Idol" is expected to make an official announcement regarding the judge situation sometime around the beginning of September.

So far, FOX has no comment on the situation.

gemini81

All you haters can f**k right off, she would be GREAT as a judge!! She's funny, pretty, and has been in the biz for years.

So all of you who say she is a "failed singer" and other bulls**t, what the hell was Paula Abdul???? She had NO career, yet was a great judge because of her experience....go Jessica!!!!!!!

gemini81

#1, her sister Ashley was the one lip synching, Jessica has a really pretty voice and always sings live!! Think before you make dumb comments!!

abby

You've got to be kidding!

Kelly

I don't know if she could do it without her buds Casey on one side and Ken on the other! She can't do anything without them. Can't say anything without looking to them for approval first.

I say Howard Stern!! Then again, I don't watch now sooo, oh well.

electriczipper

I think she would be great..especially if she was topless..I would watch every night.

Maria

You have to be joking! Seriously...she is a joke who was made by her Father "Papa Pervert Joe". She had her 15 minutes, and it was the worse 15 minutes ever. She is nobody, please don't do this. The show is already hurting, and if you add her as a judge you will lose so much of the remaining viewing audience, including me and so many people I know, and afterall, we are what keeps the show on the air, right. Big mistake! If you want to make the last few years of AI a joke, had her as a judge. Just sad!

nt

This has got to be a joke. Jessica Simpson has zero talent so how can she possibly judge others talent? They already made a mistake with Ellen--who I really like but she was not the right choice to take over for Paula. Maybe with courting Simpson they are trying to bring the 'ditzy' back which Paula brought to the show. But, if they were going to do that then they should have had her replace Paula and not say she is in talks to replace Simon. Thats like saying you are replacing a rolls royce with a hyandui. This show has really jumped the shark.

Friend?

She can´t replace Simon in my opinion, please!

anon

isn't that kara chick friends with jessica's ex nick lachey? if she's still one of the judges that could be kinda interesting or not. *yawn*

sharon

R u serious??????????????? What is she gonna critic them on, brushing your teeth is over-rated and they only have to do it 0nce every couple of weeks???????? This chick dumber than a bucket of rocks!!!!!! If this is true, i won't be watching A.I.

steve

Oh great ! Someone who doesn't know Chicken Of The Sea is tuna, is addicted to nicotine gum, brags about farting and only brushes her teeth a couple times a week. I wouldn't want to be sitting next to her.

mary b

Are they nuts!!! she brings absolutley nothing to the table! She can barely sing, she wouldn't be truthful to the singers.. she just may be more annoying and hard to watch the Kara Diguardi!!!

cheryl

OMG, if they have her judge, I am never watching again. I dont like alot of their decisions, but I am so sick and tired of no talent simpson having her 15 minutes. She has not talent whatsoever and the only reason she has any interest was Nick Lachey she was nothing until he got with her. GO AWAY

Michele

OMG Why would they even consider her? Just another woman who can't sing.

reys