Bob Barker: I Get Paid Too Much to Diss 'Price'

7/28/2010 2:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Moments after Bob Barker criticized Drew Carey's performance on "Price Is Right" yesterday -- dude issued a statement saying he didn't really mean it and that he hopes Drew does well ... because he's got cash riding on the show.

Bob Barker vs Drew Carey
TMZ first posted the footage yesterday -- in which Bob told us, "[Drew] does the show differently than I did ... I try to make the show really exciting. He doesn’t do that ... he just plays the games.”

But hours later, Bob tried to explain himself to Entertainment Weekly ... saying he would not criticize Drew, CBS or the show's producers "because I have a sizable royalty that I am paid every year this show is on, and it’s going on for years."

Barker added, "I hope this show stays on for years."

As for his criticism of Drew, Barker said, "He’s been charming and complimentary, and he had me on the show to plug my book ... to think that I would say anything derogatory about him is idiocy.”

0728_barker_tmz_v3

R

Bob had his day but it's passed now. He's just old, jealous and arrogant. Drew Carey livens up that show way more than Bob did.

bahhh

He spoke the truth, and prolly someone nudged him saying it was a bit callous. Please, Bob Barker does not need to worry about royalty checks. lol..he is loaded..lol He spoke the truth and sounds like he maybe had a change of heart, that is all. If anyone 'needs' the show to go on and succeed, it is CBS!! And if they want it to go on, perhaps they should heed Bob's advice, not nudge him to apologize. :rollseyes:

mary

Bob Barker's so full of himself, it's pathetic ! As if anyone cares what he says anyway. . . Drew showed Bob how to take the high road,good on him ! Bob needs to wipe the drool off, head back to the senior home & shut up.

c

I don’t know why he wouldn’t talk crap about him. Carey is the most unfunny, ugly fat f uck in all of creation. Whatever moron decided he should replace Bob Barker should burn in hell. He’s not even fit to wipe Bob’s ass.

electriczipper

You really shouldn't try to give people advise on how to behave on the internet...

Posted at 11:08 AM on Jul 28, 2010 by BallaBlocka

good one

lulusez

Barker is a douchbag, no matter how much the little old ladies in Nebraska love him. Remember Janice Pennington?

CCC

I know that's Bob Barker on the left, but when did David Letterman get so fat? Oh,....that's Drew Carey.

CCC

I know it's Bob Barker on the right, but when did David Letterman get so fat? Oh,....that's Drew carrey.

stacey

I watched the tape, and I'd hardly call what Bob said as "dissing" Drew - all he said that Drew does it DIFFERENTLY and he had tried to make it more exciting when he was the host; he never actually said that Drew was boring or bad at the job.

And it's certainly not like he said that Drew was murdering puppies in the street or anything.

The whole thing is a non-event. I'd say it was time to move on to something else, except that this really isn't anything to move on from. Sounds like TMZ was bored, and was trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Dave

Who cares!

Rj McDumet

Bob didn't Drew was bad - he said he was different. To imitate Bob Barker would've been a bad idea. Drew does the show in his own style and it works. He's a smart man and was able to adapt his humor for TPIR - and, in turn, TPIR as adapted to him.
And... who knew the announcer could be funny?!

Dave

Dennis James was the greatest Host TPIR ever had. Nice guy and a legend!

maney

Bob Barker is a senile old coot. Remember all the trouble he got in for sexually harassing the models on that show? He's an idiot..

Laker

Bob is right though, Drew just kinda goes through the games like he's in a hurry to get out of there. Bob used to joke, banter, and do it up with the ladies who wanted to give him a kiss or hug him on stage. Bob was a pimp, that's why he was able to nail so many of the spokesmodels.

Butterfly

BOB BARKER IS JUST A DIRTY OLD MAN, THEN AND NOW, WHO SHOULD GO AWAY AND STAY AWAY!!! We remember him from many years ago. Just ask the models who were on his show. He is neither respected or respectable. He is no longer interesting to hear from. PERIOD!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments