Michael Lohan

The Song

I Wrote for Lindsay

7/29/2010 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1119_micahel_lohan_audio_launch_song_getty
The private meetings and public pleas didn't work ... but Michael Lohan may have found a way to reach his daughter -- through the majesty of song ... a song he wrote and produced ... and then got a friend to perform.

We're told Michael penned the song while he was in jail -- we're not sure which stint -- and produced the whole thing with synthesizers that would make Journey weep.

The song contains lyrics like "a father's love will never die" and "always daddy's little girl" -- click on the link and check it out for yourself!

MissMikaela

As a 'Head Dr' - I assure you - this man is a PRIME EXAMPLE OF a narcissist. Allow me to explain:

Someone with Narcissistic Personality disorder (NPD) has at least 5 of these symptoms:

* has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

CHECK!

* is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

CHECK!

* believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)

CHECK!

* requires excessive admiration and attention

CHECK!

* has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations

CHECK!

* is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends

CHECK!

* lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

CHECK!

* is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

CHECK!

* shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

CHECK!

Associated Features: Depressed Mood, Dramatic or Erratic or Antisocial Personality

CHECK - CHECK AND CHECK!

TMZgossip

@ electriczipper
another post that clearly shows you are incapable of English comprehension
I never stated that I listened to the song.
I laugh at your claim that your inability to read and understand a story is based on the "i have a life excuse". You're in here posting and commenting on stories (stories you aren't smart enough to understand).

keep making inane statements zipperhead, we're happy to laugh at you!!!!!

Taylor Dadson

LMAO. Well the singer is pretty good. Maybe they should for a team and put out a CD. Would sound better then the cRAP we hear now.

Tammy

Michael Lohan gives me the creeps. He is obsessed with Linday like a lover is obsessed with an ex. It's stalker-like, unnatural and I wonder if her issues stem from some sort of "abuse" suffered at his hands.

jack-55d79

So, rather than put his apology in a letter he arranged to have a song sung & recorded. I assume we can also look forward to the accompanying music video.

Probably in production already: Shots of Michael Lohan looking wistfully into the distance in a field, inter-spaced with shots of him reading the Bible, in front of an old fashioned fire, gently weeping. Instant YouTube hit. He should have put more references in the song to Christ, could have found a niche with Mel Gibson fans.

Seems Lindsay's song writing skills are mostly a chip off the block.

Harvey said a while back something akin to "every time you feel sympathetic with Michael Lohan, he does something stupid". True that.

noneofyourbusiness

you know, he may be an idiot, but I really think he loves his kids. some people just do not know how to properly show love. many of you out there came from worse fathers than this. At least he tries. You never hear her mother do anything but defend herself.

Bren

Too little, too late, Michael. You should have been a father when your kids needed you.

I'd say most of Lindsay's problems came about because of Michael. The last person Lindsay needs help from is from the person that caused most of this crap.

This is all pretty messed up. One parent screwing her up, and another preventing her from being a responsible adult so she could get the help she needs.

dennis in sac

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Wanda

Kate, I too noticed the black eye look under Lindsay's sunglasses.

Now of the song...I thought it sounded really nice. No matter what kind of bad dad M. Lohan has been, and seems he have, the song sounds nice to me.

CHRIS

I CANT BELIEVE I'M SAYING THIS BUT WOW THAT WAS NICE. AT LEAST THE GUY TRIES EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES AND IT'S SEEMS EVERYONE I KNOW HAS FAMILY PROBLEMS. THE WORLDS SCREWED UP WE NEED TO START LOVING EACH OTHER AGAIN INSTEAD OF THE CRAP THAT'S GOING ON. FAMILY IS FAMILY ,THEY'LL BE THE FIRST TO DRIVE YOU NUTS, BUT ALSO THE FIRST TO HAVE YOUR BACK. I HOPING THE BEST FOR THEM BOTH.

a daughter who misses her dad

I'm not sure why people need to judge a situation they really aren't privy to. We only know glimpses into this father~daughter relationship. My father and I were so close growing up and now we haven't spoken more then a few words in the last 15 yrs. I would love for my dad to write any kind of song for me. No one really knows what goes on behind closed doors but the people who are living behind them!!!!

noneofyourbusiness

To: Daughter Who Misses Her Dad-hang in there girlfriend, it's never too late!

bring back recent posts

Maybe Kate Gosselin could do back vocals and we cld get a #1 !

Kriss

Cartman...lol
Why does Lindsay look like she has a black eye here?
I actually really like the song...shoot me now

kr

lindsay looks like mother theresa when compared to "father Lohan"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments