Kara DioGuardi -- Out at 'American Idol'

7/30/2010 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with the "American Idol" negotiations tell TMZ Kara DioGuardi has judged her last contestant on "American Idol" -- because she's been fired.

Kara DioGuardi
We're told the show will be going back to a three-judge format and assuming all deals are finalized, the judge's panel will consist of Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.

We're told the only way Kara could get a reprieve is if the J-Lo deal falls apart -- but we're told that deal is done.

Ellen DeGeneres announced earlier Thursday that she was leaving the show after just one season.

0730_idol_launch

w

DAMN IT!, I grew to like her, but J-LO?? NOOOOO, Come on!!!!, I just can't tolerate her longer then 3 seconds, but for crying out loud I LOOOVE Steven tyler, so now I dont know if I want to watch but with tyler I dont want to miss it, OH THE ANARCHY!!!.

AeroFANatic

I happen to think this will cause buzz. I also tend to think it's Randy who will actually be replacing Simon in the "critical/smarmy" role. Tyler and J-Lo will take over the duties of being the Randy/Paula of seasons ago...

M

Jennifer Lopez?? It's a joke right??

w

@Robert #84

BRILLIANT!!!, Samuel L Jackson would on there would be the best show on TV...

"Get these mother****ing contestants of my mother****ing show"!!!!

janet

Ellen did not belong as a judge and kara was just awful. Jackson, enough with his dawg crap.

AeroFANatic

PS, for any Aerosmith fans who want to read my extensive analysis of this situation, go to my FB page below:

tiny.cc/aerofanatic

They don't call me the AeroFANatic for nothing!!

lilkunta

I know paula is laughing. It seems she was integral to the show.

Lopez did have 2 succesful cds & 1 super uccessful remix cd. But her music careerr has stalled, her fashion career stalled, her acting career stalled.

Lopez is a studio performer, she has no voice! But she is gonna judge ppl? I dont think it is a great idea.

moveover

britt

Idol should have given Paula the one year contract she wanted so she and Simon could have closed up Idol together and then just put the show to rest. It's obvious Paula is the one who picked the talent all these years. The show fell apart with out her on. I can't wait until her dance show starts! RIP Idol.

Laura

The show will not be the same without Simon. I have no desire to watch this show anymore. I would have only watched it if they would have put Bret Michaels as one of the judges. Who the crap cares about JLo or Tyler??

lilkunta

@ 98 moveover:

if no 1 watches why is it still on?
why hasnt that hour been cancelled?

Posted at 6:07 AM on Jul 30, 2010 by moveover
98) The only woman more obnoxious and full of herself is Kathy Lee Gifford, who is now on the 3rd or 4th hour of the Today show (you know, the one that everyone turns off and no one watches.)

Aimzee

This is great news for the show. Jennifer will be an excellent judge. Kara just didn't do well last year. I don't look forward to Steven Tyler, though.

MTB

She was hot. They should look at Billy Idol for a judge.

Missy

I'm glad Kara is gone but to replace her with J-Lo? Guess I won't be watching...AGAIN! AI has reached it's peak and is now headed down the hill...

lilkunta