Kara DioGuardi -- Out at 'American Idol'

7/30/2010 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with the "American Idol" negotiations tell TMZ Kara DioGuardi has judged her last contestant on "American Idol" -- because she's been fired.

Kara DioGuardi
We're told the show will be going back to a three-judge format and assuming all deals are finalized, the judge's panel will consist of Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.

We're told the only way Kara could get a reprieve is if the J-Lo deal falls apart -- but we're told that deal is done.

Ellen DeGeneres announced earlier Thursday that she was leaving the show after just one season.

0730_idol_launch

Jacqueline13

I couldn't for the life of me figure out how and why she was
ever on the show, period. I just didn't get it. I think
Jessica Simpson would be a great addition. She's really a
nice person and would lift the contestants spirits.

Jacqueline13

...I'm talking about KARA!

Dee

WOW! That is amazing news! I had come to the conclusion that I would not be watching since Simon is not longer on the panel, but with these choice for judges, I will certainly be looking forward to a great season.

Ms Kris

how about just end the show
1. No winner or losers from the show are selling records/albums How many seasons has it been since there has been a successful AI contestant?
2. This years concert tour I have read is NOT selling tickets

Just end the show

i was losing interesting in seasons 7 & 8 BUT 9 I COMPLETELY STOPPED WATCHING DUE TO WHO REPLACED PAULA

HumanNature

I WON'T BE WATCHING!!!!

janet

Ellen knew she didn't belong as a judge and chose to leave. Kara got fired because she just plain sucked.

HumanNature

I AGREE!!!

JUST CLOSE THE SHOW!!!!

NO PAULA!!!

NO SIMON!!!

NOW, THAT WAS THE SHOW!!!

Lucy

I'm glad Kara is gone, no more of her saying "the thing is". I love Ellen, but she was not right for the show. As far as J-Lo being added as a judge, what exactly are her qualifications, the only thing she does is pose on red carpets. Steven Tyler might be alright and I've always liked Randy. I'll probably watch a few shows to see how it goes.

G.R.

Good. I never liked Kara anyway. Plus she has the face of a gremlin.

Celebrities Suck

it's going to be BORING with out Simon........... Idol without Simon I'm not going to watch Idol anymore!!!! JHO on Idol? JHO the home wrecker?

cancelledaccount

I may watch a few shows but this is really over for me. However, Kara was the main reason I couldn't watch the past few years. They should have dumped her immediately and now they are paying for a stupid decision.

barnswella

I stopped watching when she came on. I simply couldn't stand her.

Celebrities Suck

they need to fire the producer of IDOL... Leave Idol what it used to be Simon, Paula, And Randy now that's American Idol!!!

ama

My God I hope it's not true that Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson are going to be the judges. What a snoozefest. Anyway, last year I decided I wasn't going to watch American Idol, I ended up watching anyway but this year I'm done. They should just stop running the show, most of the artists don't make it big anyway. And even when they do their hype has died down now anyway.

Celebrities Suck

they ruined the show when they started bringing celebrities on the show to back up the judges.... Randy Paula and Simon are what want. I will NOT watch it... We should all go to http://www.americanidol.com/ and let them know how we feel....