Steven Tyler's 'A.I.' Move

Won't Affect Aerosmith Tour

7/31/2010 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Tyler will be crazy busy traveling the country if he becomes the next judge on "American Idol" -- but TMZ has learned the biggest show on TV won't get in the way of the rocker's concert tour.

Tour
Aerosmith is currently in the middle of a nationwide tour aptly named "Cocked, Locked, Ready to Rock!" -- and the tour is scheduled to roll through the end of September ... long after production begins on "Idol."

A rep for the band still won't confirm that Tyler is locked up for "Idol" -- but she did tell us that no matter what, "The Aerosmith tour will continue on for its full scheduled run with Steven Tyler."

The life of a rock star is never boring.

NYCDoberman

I think Tyler will be great. I don't think he will have a problem telling someone they suck. He has never been one not to sugercoat what he thinks - just ask Joe Perry :0
He can sing (a fact, regardless if you like Aerosmith or not) and like statted above, can play instruments. He's been in the music business for decades, been screwed by it too. If anyone knows the ups and downs of the music business, it's him.
What hell Ellen was doing there, I will never know. I am not a fan of JLo, but at least she is in the biz as well.
I am curious to see the dynamic between JLO and Tyler - they piss each other off when they disagree on something - I see that happening a lot, which could be very entertaining in itself.

chris

For all you little kids out there who are bashing Steven Tyler and Aerosmith...."the bad boys from Boston" have been filling venues since the late '60...'s, even before "Dream On".....they are a band consisting of 2 of the greatest axemen ever....IMO, the greatest rock drummer since Moon, and a frontman who is #1 at what he does. It's sad that the younger crowd (like the ones who think Lil' Wayne is a talent, or just love the rage bands (when was the last time you heard a harmony or a riff that you could actually hear? As time goes by, the younger folks create their own 'hero's'....many of whom can't hold a candle to the real rockers.....Peace, and "Long Live Rock 'n Roll!! Let the Train keep Rollin, all the way to Ma Kins' .

AeroFANatic

Production starts in July, yes, but the actual part where the judges start taping their segments are in late September...after the Aerosmith tour is over.

Just sayin' folks.

Chris

Tyler is WAY too FUGLY to look at week after week. Oh, my eyes!

KenzieQ

I don't think Steven has any intention of being on Idol. He put his name out there to get publicity for the bands tour. With how poorly everyone has been doing with ticket sales, this is what people have to resort to.

J Mashburn

Is everybody crazy it will be great to see all of them together.I will miss Ellen,but the other to not much. I can not wait!!! This will be very entertaining tv.

Pippan

The people who say "I'll never watch AI again" crack me up. They say that, then constantly go to AI boards and post messages it. Just admit it, you're all loyal viewers of the show and will continue to be until it goes off the air.

And stop all the comments about "old" age and people's looks. Pretty stupid. And shallow.

Jesus of Malibu

All these people especially Tyler would not even make it past the first 5 second round on Idol, and THATS not saying much is it?
The whole damm show is a big loser

electriczipper

he might be a nice guy but he needs to retire..damn he looks half dead,,cant he say enough is enough,,,

Carl

It may not affect the tour... but I hope it doesn't affect them coming out with another dang album. It has been nearly 10 years since their last release (not counting their blues album) and there are a lot of Aerosmith fans that are dying to hear something new from them. This AI thing might push it back another couple years.

Bubbles The Chimp

Hopefully Steven won't fall of the Idol stage doing his trademark stupid dance.
The is the final death of American Idol. J.Lo was the last nail in that coffin. What a terrible choice for a judge. She can't sing, can't dance, can't act, and she probably smells like a big monkey ass with that big rear.

kenji

I agree with Cynstriss - lopez is so self absorbed...Steven Tyler... ehhh... they had the magic with Simon, Paula and Randy and they screwed with it - now they're screwed. I won't be watching... in fact, I haven't watched since Paula's departure.

Annie Tyler

Daddy you better not go judge American Idol! Come on, you're better than that!! If they want a rockstar for a judge, why don't they pick Bret Michaels? He's already sold out to the reality show circuit, so he's perfect for the job...

self-employed

I love Aerosmith and Steven Tyler. I watched the space shuttle launch at NASA in 1998 and the whole band and their wives sat right behind me to view the launch. Nothing but gentlemen, all of them. Very polite and waited in line for souvenirs just like the rest of us. Joe Perry even had to show his ID to pay with a credit card.! Steven was standing all alone out in a grassy area after the shuttle launch and I went over and asked him if my husband could take a picture of us. He said "sure!" and put his arm around me and smiled. Really nice all of them!

dolphin

Who's the AER-head hiring over there? mistake after mistake. yucky

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments