Steven Tyler

The 'Idol' Questions Begin ...

7/30/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hours after a judging spot opened up on "American Idol" last night -- Steven Tyler was already in Hollywood taking on questions about Ellen's replacement.

TylerAs we previously reported, Tyler is expected to fill the spot -- along with Randy Jackson and Jennifer Lopez -- once the deals are finalized.

Neither Tyler nor "Idol" have confirmed -- but Tyler is in town and FOX does have their big TCA event on Monday ... so you do the math.

simon

OH, my, the end of Idol is close. I don't know who is a worse pic - tyler, jLO or Randy. Show needs to go anyway. XFactor will shut this puppy down...

Tony

If Tyler is in as a judge, I am out as a viewer. This show has imploded!

Tracey

I don't get it.

sharon

If he's the new judge, i definitely won't be watching. HELL NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't need nightmares in my sleep.

flower

He's looking more and more like an old woman.

CJ

They need to get rid of Randy too. Pay him off to go away.

Sin D

This will revitalize the show....just watch. Tyler will bring experience and ACTUAL song-writing cred, a J-Lo wil bring her ASS! Yea Baby...

Phreaky

Ellen was totally fired. I don't know who she thinks she's kidding saying she decided to leave, as if she didn't know what they job entailed before taking it LOL She said she didn't like hurting anyone's feelings. Unbelievable.
She was 100% fired. They just let her say she quit because it would have been an issue with her talk show, she probably would have taken a hit in the ratings.

Phreaky

Also, I respect Steven greatly because of his longevity and because of his contribution to the history of Rock, but for American Idol? Absolutely not. I'm sorry. And JLo? HILARIOUS! Her Lou-bow-tons song should have disqualified her alone.

They need to stick a fork in American Idol and call it good, instead of trying to run it into the ground and squeeze one more dollar out of it. It's run its course! Let it die already!

janja

he is so wrong for the job!

jo

I agree that BOTH Tyler and Lopez will bring some way overdue attitude and actual experience to the show. He has Simon's bite and brashness with a bit of Paula's left of center behavior at times. I say YES!! Now if they would only allow each caller to only vote once to get a more accurate read of ALL voters and not just the obsessed ones who sit there re-voting for the same person, they might actually create a show I would watch more often.

Carl

No matter what you think of his looks, he's one of the all time great rock frontmen and has had an extremely successful music career spanning 40 years. He knows more about the industry than the other judges combined and has the presence on camera to be a great judge!

Jacqueline13

Can they at least get rid of annoying Randy Jackson?
Steven Tyler and Mick Jagger.

Bamboozled

I thought that was Janice ****inson at first glance.

reallyirked

I will no longer watch. This season was tough enough with out Paula. I didn'tlike kara and Ellen was awful. Steven Tyler is just so ugly to look at. The skin on his face hangs down to his chest. Why Why. AI is over for me and next year it will be for everyone. What awful choices. BRING BACK PAULA- Give her 3 times what she wants. She is worth it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments