Lindsay -- Rehab Change After TMZ Report

8/2/2010 1:46 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Lindsay Lohan will not serve her mandatory 90 day rehab stint at the Morningside Recovery facility -- and it's all because of a story TMZ broke about Judge Marsha Revel.

0726_Lindsay_lohan_getty_ex_02

Late today it was announced that Judge Revel pulled the plug on Lindsay going to rehab at Morningside Recovery in Newport Beach, CA.

darkrage6

Guess that top official REALLY should've their mouth shut then! LOL Anyways i'll be praying for Lindsay to get better regardless of wherever she ends up going for rehab, though I do hope that she'll be treated the same as the other patients rather then being given harsher treatment that likely wouldn't have helped her much(Haivng all communications to her family and friends cut off? "extreme sarcasm" Oh yeah I can't imagine THAT backfiring and making her worse in any way!) those "tough love" treatments usually end up hurting far more patients then they help. I'm greatful that TMZ was able to actually help Lindsay instead of just providing the latest gossip on her.

lori

My son was sentence to 90-day probation hold same as lindsay lohan , the only difference is, his doing every bit of that 90-days, and i think the men jail is just as crowed as the women. this girl should be made to do the whole 90-days just like everyone else. this kind of thing made me sick.she is a total **** up ,spare me the bull-****.

Phreaky

Wasn't the main choice for the 2 doctors UCLA, and hasn't UCLA been busted several times because their employees sell the records and info on celebs that go there?
I think I would have a hard time ordering her to go there too.

Stan

RadarOnline broke this story. Not really an exclusive.

beachgal

Kudos to TMZ - the judge saw your shocking report that Her Honor ignored psychiatrists and sent Lindsey to a fancy resort, now as a result LL is going somewhere else. Bet LL is pi$$ed, lol. And now we know TMZ has a mole hidden away at Morningside.

Kristen

Kind of sad that the judge cares more about Lindsay than her parents do

Carl

This makes me wonder if this was a test by Judge Revel. She complained once that things she discussed in private conference with the lawyers on the case immediately found their way into the press. Maybe she planned on following the psychiatrists all along but let other information leak out to find the culprit.

nancy

#16--Disturbed
Yep, UCLA is the place! Maybe you remember the huge crowds there when Britney Spears was there? That is one of the hospital buildings, so wherever Lindsay goes, it would be a zoo. As far as privacy, and freedom from crowds and photographers--UCLA would be horrible, and she'd never be able to get outside for air.
PLUS--I questioned before--I do NOT think they are equipped for a 90 day treatment program. TMZ has to research that.
UCLA is good for research. But the word from people *I* know is--go inside with a rare disease, they'll cure you. Go inside with a cold--they'll kill you.

dee

This is a really good move! Screw the country club facility and go for the no frills approach,

Spider

"Sources tell us Judge Revel made her decision immediately after TMZ broke the story that two court appointed psychiatrists had recommended four other facilities other than Morningside before Revel made her initial decision."

Seems more likely that you got the facility wrong in the first place than the Judge was so concerned about looking bad to TMZ and it's readers that she reversed herself.

bmull

No one could stand 90 days at UCLA. It's a freaking hospital. She will be detoxed then transferred somewhere else for rehab I guarantee you.

Telya

Wow, you're very important to have a judge change her mind after
you told us where Lilo was going. Can you wave a wand and make
Mel disappear?
We should all bow to TMZ I guess.
I don't think anyone has a clue where this little alleged addict is going, even you, but I'm guessing it's somewhere by the ocean so she can sit on the beach and reflect and have her visitors and champagne and caviar, etc.
Money talks, celebs walk.

Ah, Lilo on the beach in the sun, chillin and having her friends over. Hell, she can't be having to be around common folks. What are you thinking?
Don't you know she's better than all the general public.
Aren't all celebs?
Be sure to let us know where TMZ decides to send her.
And............where's Harvey? Is he hiding from Mel?
I'm just asking.

sam

If TMZ's story was responsible for this change, it is a great result.

Rehab is taken more seriously from a hospital/clinical environment then a "spa" facility on the beach.

On a lighter note...I predict she starts gaining more weight if she hasn't already. Not a bad thing. Unfortunately I am certain the Adderall use is partially geared towards weight management to fit into Hollywierd's standards. (And she has never been fat)

sam

@DavidL

Why on earth would TMZ be held liable for reporting "gossip" and for Linsday having to spend ONE more extra day in jail for a 90 day sentence she has completed 10 days of????

Ridiculous assertion.

sam

....hmmm no public comment from Dina all day

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments