Lindsay Lohan

Rehab for Meth

and Bipolar Disorder

8/2/2010 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Lindsay Lohan will be treated for addiction to methamphethamine and bipolar disorder during her court ordered 90 days in rehab.

Lindsay Lohan Rehab - Bipolar
According to a source familiar with Lindsay's case, methamphetamine and opiates are her "drugs of choice".

Methamphetamine -- also known as crystal meth or simply meth -- is a highly addictive stimulant and opiates, generally, have more of a downer effect.

Morningside Recovery -- the Orange County, CA rehab LiLo is scheduled to enter -- lists opiate and methamphetamine detoxification among its specialties. As TMZ first reported, sources say Morningside was not on the list of facilities recommended by court appointed psychiatrists.

We're told Lindsay will begin her rehab stint almost immediately after getting out of Lynwood Correctional Facility.

UPDATE: Lindsay's attorney Shawn Chapman Holley says, "I have never seen any psych report concerning Ms. Lohan which references a 'bi-polar' diagnosis or an addiction to 'methamphetamine.' I think this is a total fabrication."

One important note ... it has been widely reported that Lindsay takes the prescription drug Adderall, which is an amphetamine. Experts in the field of rehab and addiction tell TMZ there is a difference between amphetamine and methamphetamine.

We're told it would not be common for a rehab facility to consider Adderall and methamphetamine the same drug.

jessica

it's probably not actual meth; they're probably treating her addiction to ADDERALL as a methamphetamine addiction since adderall is so similar. i don't believe lindsay was doing any street drugs; i think her addiction problems stem from legally but wrongly prescribed adderall and painkillers (i mean dilaudid for a TOOTHACHE? seriously?!)

cali

Lindsay's reputation is bad enough, TMZ doesn't need start rumors like she's a trailer trash meth head.
She takes that prescription amphetamine Adderal, not crystal meth.
A coke head yes, but not meth

Shell

wow...and wasn't it Dina who said she didn't have a problem? wasn't it Michael who said she does? KInda puts a whole new light on things now doesn't it. Maybe Michael isn't the awful dad everyone wants the public to beleive.

amoschristina

No grown woman should take adderall, it is for kids that have adhd! The only time a dr. should prescribe it to a grown woman is for weight loss, and I dont think she needs to lose weight!!

susan

the scram bracelet doesnt measure drugs, dr bill, and it only takes 48 hours to get meth and opiates out of your pee,and if you drink a detox drink ,even less.all people in court ordered outpatient rehab know how much time they have between tests to get high.

nadia

@ amoschristina, you are a delusiona bitch!! You are an example of a bad mother!!! How can you say it ok to give little kids Adderall which is an amphetamine??? You are stupid as dirt!

Peter Sc

If I was forced to enter a rehab against my will, I would invent problems in order to lure the therapist off course.

It may be her only option to remain sane.

For once her parents did something good in her childhood she can use in her adult life. I guess that her parents shipped her to all kind of therapists so they could justify the medication she had taken without cause.

The sideeffect is that she is taking their language. She had been through two rehabs already. Maybe she can beat the third and lay low for the rest of her probation, so she can go back and work next year, when she can have a life again.

the truth

why is everyone shocked about the meth? if your an addict you will try anything. you all would be shocked to find out who does that in hollywood. its not just little spoiled LL!
she needs to get the hell out of California and go to a NY rehab!!!! California is nothing but a big joke to me! her getting out so soon is a joke! this girl has it made and she doesn't even know it. i know they will put her on suboxone or methadone and they are the hardest pills to get off. I'm trying to stop suboxone and trust me its hell. if they put her on that i hope its not for long because its very addicting! i been on it for 2 yrs and I'm trying so hard to stop it.the withdrawals are horrible.if anyone has been on it they know what I'm talking about. the doctor never told me they were addicting but i been on them to long and i pray to god that i get off of these soon and i cant wait to feel normal again. i wish i never ever took a pill in my life! LL needs to get out of Cali because like i said California is nothing but a joke. NY would be better for her anyways.shes closer to her real home and she needs to remember where she came from . GET HER OUT OF CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amoschristina

Dear Nadia, first off, I got my info from READING and second I am NOT a mother so why dont you **** OFF

susan

people dont be stupid, she was given the prescribed adderall and diludid to cover up her addiction,as a legal way to pass a failed drug test .wake up!

Nicole

I hope she get through the 90 days and somehow makes it till August 2011.

amoschristina

I NEVER even said I thought adderall was OK to give kids! I READ that that was what it is prescribed for!

nadia

@ amoschristina your kids will end up worse than lindsay if you give em Adderall when they are young!!!! hopefully you'll never have kids, cause you are so dumb it's unbelievable. Get a life loser!!!

Spot

@100 Susan

Meth and opiates can be found for as long as 6 days after you have taken them if your sample is sent to a lab. The detox drinks do not work on samples taken to a lab and they are known and reported along with the positive test results.
Your thinking about the treated paper tests which are not allowed as evidence because they are an indicator not scientific.

I never saw anyone addicted to meth who did not have bad skin and rotten teeth! The skin looks horrible and the teeth start to rot by the time your additcted! Adderall is an amphetamine but I have never seen anyone on it who suffers the bad skin or rotten teeth of a meth user. On the lab graphs the adderall looks like meth does but they are very different and produce very different overall graphs. My guess is that she is an occasional user of meth if at all.

Lisa

I don't care how fancyschmancy the decor is at her rehab, it had better have LOCKING DOORS AND TOUGH SUPERVISION, no leaving to buy drugs, etc! This crazy bitch needs to be totally isolated from all the bad friends and family and kept locked up so she can detox and perhaps take this all seriously, and get better...if not, a few months after she gets out, she will be a scabby, skanky corpse with a needle in her arm!