Lindsay Lohan

Rehab for Meth

and Bipolar Disorder

8/2/2010 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Lindsay Lohan will be treated for addiction to methamphethamine and bipolar disorder during her court ordered 90 days in rehab.

Lindsay Lohan Rehab - Bipolar
According to a source familiar with Lindsay's case, methamphetamine and opiates are her "drugs of choice".

Methamphetamine -- also known as crystal meth or simply meth -- is a highly addictive stimulant and opiates, generally, have more of a downer effect.

Morningside Recovery -- the Orange County, CA rehab LiLo is scheduled to enter -- lists opiate and methamphetamine detoxification among its specialties. As TMZ first reported, sources say Morningside was not on the list of facilities recommended by court appointed psychiatrists.

We're told Lindsay will begin her rehab stint almost immediately after getting out of Lynwood Correctional Facility.

UPDATE: Lindsay's attorney Shawn Chapman Holley says, "I have never seen any psych report concerning Ms. Lohan which references a 'bi-polar' diagnosis or an addiction to 'methamphetamine.' I think this is a total fabrication."

One important note ... it has been widely reported that Lindsay takes the prescription drug Adderall, which is an amphetamine. Experts in the field of rehab and addiction tell TMZ there is a difference between amphetamine and methamphetamine.

We're told it would not be common for a rehab facility to consider Adderall and methamphetamine the same drug.

amoschristina

Nadia, i think YOU are the stupid LOSER!!!! I NEVER said I agree with aderall, or that i would give it to my child, and you dont even f*cking know me so shut your stupid whore mouth! I hope YOU dont ever have any kids either bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love

amoschristina lol, no decent doctor would ever give little kids Adderall. Adderall is best suited for adults even though it is approved for childern over the age of 6.

amoschristina

I was simply stating what I had read, because I know a girl that takes it. There is no reason to jump on me and call me a bunch a names. I do not use drugs, nor would I give drugs to my child if I had one!

the truth

adderall is like taking cocaine! its not a good drug. you get a high off of it and people sell it on the streets. i was on it be4 and got sick. its mostly used for people who do cocaine. kids should NOT be on this drug at all. the doctors these days have no idea what they are doing because all they want is that money! someone can see a doctor and say " oh im so depressed because my boyfriend broke up with me " < for example. and the doc will give them an antidepressant. breaking up is normal and u dont need a pill for it. you just go thru the feelings of the break up like anyone else. its normal to feel depresssed over sad things but these so called doctors better stop throwing these antisycotic pills at people because it (sometimes ) makes you worse. then when u wanna stop you go thru withdrawls! i been on almost everything and i finally realized i dont need antidepressants because of depression which i do suffer from. you can take care of it other ways. way back in the 1930's 40's and so on people were depressed and they got thru it.
ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY PEOPLE! JUST BE CAREFUL WHAT YOUR TAKING.

susan

spot, the sample is only sent to the lab if it is a fail,to confirm a fail,in prop 36,evey other test is supposed to be sent to lab,but is not enforced,i know,ive been there.all the people in court ordered outpatient rehab,are users,trying to buck the tests and it works.

nadia

@amoschristina YOU sound like a crackhead haha, yeah start giving your kids Adderall from birth since it's " for little kids".. we all hope you don't populate the earth with your stupid genes. my friends and I are having a blast from your funny posts! keep em coming loser!!

amoschristina

KISS my as* nadia, YOU and YOUR friends are the losers. Apparently you did not READ what I posted because I never said that s*it. I have more important things to do with my time than deal with you, stupid c*nt! Im OUT!

susan

and with a prescription for adderall and dilaudid the only drug tests she would fail would be cocaine and pot.

love

TO: the truth: Exactly, it's so sad how doctor over prescribe medication. For example people are giving little kids adderall !!!! It's so tragic!! It's all about money, the drug companies make billions every year from ADHD to Antidepressants meds. In some cases they are justified but usually it's being prescribed by doctors that are fooled and paid by drug companies.

Darlene

Who cares, shes such old news!!!!

susan

spot,i was caught with a device during a test,one year clean!,you can do it lindsay,you just have to want to,i was hoping the judge wouldve specifically ordered all her tests to go to the lab,but with a prescription for meth and opiates, the point is lost.the special lab tests cost too much.

nadia

"No grown woman should take adderall, it is for kids that have adhd!" this is what you said dummy!!

Rose

Judging from recent pictures of her ex-girlfriend - we should have figured that out. Bi-polar is the new diagnosis for over-indulged Hollywood brats. Exchange one set of \diagnosis\drugs for another - why wont anyone listen to her father and get her off ALL drugs completely - I know he is an ass but he has a point there.

Are you sure?

If she were on meth she would not be getting any work anywhere.

Posted at 10:53 AM on Aug 1, 2010 by truthiness

How many movies has she been in the last 3 years?

J.T.

Ok... Here's my question, I'll be the first to admit that I'm guilty of the following, why do we constantly check on her every step. If we are really hoping that she recovers from these ailments, maybe the best chance she could have would be if we left her alone!!! Stop writing these personal issues for the world to see... If I was sick I would be devastated if the world found out through a website my every condition... Geez people. She is still somebody's daughter, somebody's sister, somebody's friend and above all else she is a human being and she is in desperate need of our help, not our hurt!!!