Oksana to Be Deposed in Child Custody Case

8/1/2010 3:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Oksana Grigorieva will take the oath -- swearing to tell the truth tomorrow when she is deposed in the child custody dispute with Mel Gibson.

Mel Gibson Oksana Custody

Sources tell us Oksana and her attorneys will meet with Mel's attorneys.

This could be tricky for Oksana because although the primary focus will be custody of Lucia, the topic of the tapes will most likely come up -- the recording and sale of them. Oksana could invoke her Fifth Amendment rights and refuse to talk about that subject.

Either way, tomorrow's events will be critical in this case. Check in with TMZ for all the updates.

0708_gibson_fotter_550

Do the math

Gene - you're right of course; we're ALL a mix of good and bad, including Oksana and Mel. But I think the reason this gets under the skin of so many women is that anyone who's ever TRULY been afraid for their life immediately senses O is blowing smoke. And it makes you mad. I once had a guy with a gun try to bash out my bedroom window at 3 a.m. and trust me, from the tone of his voice I knew without a doubt that he would kill me if he could. It's too long a story but the point is, the only thing I could think about that night was how to get to a phone and dial 911. Your survival instinct kicks in and you know that your best chance to live lies in getting the cops there NOW.

Oksana is no fresh-off-the-boat immigrant - she knows about 911, but felt no need to dial it to protect either herself or her children. Yet NOW she's out in front of the TV cameras saying she didn't think she would live through that night so she...set up a recorder! She wants us to believe that she experienced that raw, primal terror and called...her lawyer! And hired a publicist! She's deliberately blurred the line between guys who verbally lose it during an emotionally charged break-up and guys who kill. And in my humble opinion, that's disgusting.

Debbe

OG's Lawyers are going to have a lot of problems.
1. OG's can't tell the truth without admitting she committed crimes.
2. She has told so many lies she doesn't know the truth anymore.

Jimmie Dean

With his admission on tape, which Mel has not denied, his racist rant against blacks and latino's, his obnoxious and arrogant posture as a transplanted u s citizen (that's right. He's not native to here, he just came here to take American money), his bad acting, and his " I'm better than all of you" attitude, why is this loser not in jail or sent back to his own country?

self

This people from Hollywood will be learning a lot from girls like
Oksana. All will be done very , very technically and some one
will be not happy very soon learning at own mistakes ...

Genna

Posted at 3:31 PM on Aug 1, 2010 by Jimmie Dean

I don't know where to start. Mel Gibson was born in Peekskill, NY. His family moved to Sydney, Australia when Mel was entering his teens. The rest, I just can't dignify with a comment.

Curious

"To tell a woman as annoying as Oksana that she has to 'crawl to your house, blow you and apologize' is truly awesome," said Hollywood producer Joel Silver. "Mel is a hero to generations of scorn men."

I am doing a happy dance over the depo.

Friend?

I wonder if Mel´s freíends in Hollywood will stick by him this time because if that Russian woman despite everything will have a success with her recordings, you´ll never know who next on the Internet, maybe a well-known familyman cheating on his wife? Oops!

middleagedcrazy

it was charity
i bought the corner to give you a good flat-backing location
you had about worn out the cardboard box next to the dumpster in the alley

Posted at 3:07 PM on Aug 1, 2010 by TMZgossip
_______________________________________________________________

Dang, TMZ, ya never bought me nothin'.

-he hooked up with OxyMoron-

Annnd....ya just made me snort water again. Stop it or I'm telling Mom!

Posted at 3:15 PM on Aug 1, 2010 by Curious
_________________________________________________

Mom here: No more snorting, giggling and anything else. I'm warning you!
If you want snorts, giggles and fun, see idmb biography accessed today. Something about they had to leave Russia because men were breaking into the house to get to her --

My dog didn't even cause that much rumpus before she was spayed!

Well, at least ROL offered her a street corner and TMZ now owns it. (Somebody stop me.)

V

Don't they record depositions? Are they just audio or are they also video these days?

Curious

"Mom" -

Awww....you never let me have any fun!

And aye, I saw that IBDM thing yesterday and just could not stop laughing.

I wonder if a plausible case could be made to publicize the deposition or court hearings. After all, Miss Oksana did more or less subject Mr. Mel to trial by media. But, since children are involved, I suppose not - and rightfully so.

Kaatje

Sorry - but her story about the abuse isn't ringin' true. If I was scared my significant other was going to harm me or my baby, I sure as heck wouldn't be living in HIS house where he has easy access, keys, security codes etc. I'd be hightailing it outta there with my kids. She can't be that scared if she's still there. Mel may have been way outta line with his "rants," but sheesh, I think the Pope would lose his temper with that one.

Curious

Hm, ROL isn't running this deposition story. Interesting.

KM

Not sure if this applies to a custody deposition but thought I would share.......
You can refuse to answer only if the answer would form a link in the chain of evidence of a crime. You cannot refuse to answer in order to avoid civil liability. If you refuse to answer and a judge ultimately finds you did so inappropriately, that could definitely hurt your case. Furthermore, even if was appropriate, in a civil case it is entirely possible that the jury would hear of your invocation and draw the inference that your refusal to answer is evidence of criminal activity.

Curious

Kaatje -

Agree 100%.

And I'm sure that if someone had struck your infant, as Miss Oksana claimed, you would damn well seek medical attention for the baby.

That's what first made me doubt this woman's claims. She states that Mr. Mel hit her, hit the child, threatened her and children with a gun AND she has witnesses!

Yet on Jan. 6, she doesn't call 911. She seeks no medical attention except a dentist to fix veneers and a pediatrician -for herself?? - to diagnose "concussion" that kept her bedridden "for weeks". Except a week later she was walking the red carpet smiling on Mr. Mel's arm.

Erm, huh?

TMZgossip

Posted at 3:55 PM on Aug 1, 2010 by V

audio & video
Nancy Grace fought to not have her disposition video recorded in Jan 2010 because she didn't want it ever posted.
(she is being sued in a wrongful death case)