Sinatra Jr.'s Son Hospitalized After 'Suicide Attempt'

8/2/2010 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the reclusive 32-year-old son of Frank Sinatra Jr. is currently hospitalized after authorities responded to a 911 call for a possible suicide attempt this afternoon in Downey, CA.

Frank Sinatra Grandson Suicide Attempt
According to law enforcement sources, the patient -- who is also named Frank and is the son of 66-year old Frank Jr. (above) -- had consumed too many pills, but was conscious when authorities arrived on the scene.

A source close to the family tells TMZ it was indeed a "suicide attempt." We're told the younger Sinatra has always shunned the spotlight that's come with the family name.

Sinatra is currently being treated in the ER at Downey Regional Medical Center.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Bell

Dont talk about him like that when you dont know the real story please... Thank You!!!

Stormy

Frank Jr has three children, all born out of wedlock. The oldest is a daughter her name is Francine Sinatra then his oldest son which is named after him, Francis Wayne Sinatra III and then his youngest son Michael.

Mary

To Stacey, Now Stacey, I must inform you of some actual facts. Francis Albert Sinatra has a son named, Francis Wayne Sinatra. Francis Wayne Sinatra has a son named Francis Wayne Sinatra Jr. Michael Sinatra is the son of a woman who was Frank's assistant for many years. she may have been a stewardess at one time, but when I knew her, she was Frank's assistant. So, these are the actual facts and if you believe there is only one son, you are mistaken. trust me, I know. thank you

Dea

all you inconsiderate jerks! how dare you talk crap about a man you don't know! you have no idea what he's going through or his life or his personality.

just because his father is famous doesn't mean you can say all these rude comments about him! instead of giving him sh**, give him prayers and a "get well" because who knows, something will happen to one of your loved ones and thats what you'll be asking for....

to Frank and his family, i'm praying for you all! he will be better :]

Fred

Mary, You and I know the truth. I know Frankie. He is a gentle soul. Please tell him I'am thinking of him and there are no miles between tonight only time.Fred

Mary

Thank You Fred for your kind words. Yes, you and I know the truth. time is short and memories stay. Mary

Carl

"Diane...Downey is a small town about 10 miles south-east of Los Angeles. If you visit L.A. stay away from east LA and south LA...and stay clear of south-east LA. However, I'm a snob from west LA and we look down on anybody who lives east of Sepulveda."

Posted at 10:28 PM on Aug 2, 2010 by Mokie

Well, aren't you just SPECIAL?

Carl

Posted at 10:28 PM on Aug 2, 2010 by Mokie

Well, aren't you just SPECIAL?

gidget

you guy leave him alone right now he is my cousin and his friends just exageratted ok he didnt try to kill himself and he is not going to rehab lay off i know his grandfather had is body gards run him off and wouldnt even speak to him so leave him alone ok his mother is my grandfathers neice so back off right now ! he is only 32 duh mookie so just BACK OFF

gidget

you are in my prayers tonight frankie

Andrew James

I'd like to clear up a few things for your reader's.#1,Frank Sinatra Sr.did not name his son Francis Albert Sinatra jr.He gave him his first name but a different middle name.Later when the younger Frank began his singing career He added the jr.This never Pleased Frank Sr.and was part of the many things that distance between them.On his own making the Holiday Inn tour, eking out a rather Lackluster career he hooked-up with a H.I.employee whom he knocked-up on the way out the door.She,knowing she had a possible air to the FS fortune,not only had the kid but named him Frances Albert Sinatra the second knowing the Irony it would cause the Father who was not truly the namesake!I met this boy when he was 18yrs old while singing in the Mission Viejo Holiday Inn in Ca back in 94'he was a very nice soft spoken kid very polite,and after some probing questions admitted to have gone through Hell growing up with that name.He met his Grandfather once in New York at the Waldorf hotel in the elevator.When there eyes met the kid said Sr looked at him like he was looking into a mirror!Why???The kid is a dead ringer to O'l blue eyes when he was 18 except he's a blonde!!!Now you have the Rest of the story!!

nick winslow

Francine Sinatra is my teacher at Portola Hills Elementary School. She told us that her grandfather was Frank Sinatra.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5