Steven Tyler on 'American Idol' -- 'I'm Doing It!'

8/2/2010 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Tyler laid to rest  the question of whether he's going to be a judge on the next season of "American Idol" -- when the Aerosmith frontman nonchalantly told cameras Saturday night, "I'm doing it ... What do ya think? I'm doing it!"

UPDATE: "Idol" executives are being far more coy than Tyler -- because they told reporters today that "no one has signed a deal on either side of the camera who wasn't on the show last year."

0802_steven_tyler_footer

Jillian

So much for my watching American Idol. This will now be a
second rate show. Simon couldn't be replaced and he was
80% of the show.

LiLa

We don't need judges to be role models, just good evaluators of singing talent with in-depth knowledge of the music industry and the ability to speak without being profane (it is a family show).

janja

such a BIG mistake hiring him and jennifer person, the ego's alone can't fit in the building and that jennifer's little person husband is going to be there all the time he will be the one telling her what to say. The show is done, let it die in peace it was dead when they hired Ellen.

Mandy

I just read on another site Fox execs are denying everything that has been said about the new judges, who is coming back, etc. Frankly, with Simon leaving, he took the show with him. Another "kiss of death" for the show was lowering the age to 15!!! Now no one over 21 will have a chance to actually vote for someone with talent since those 12-16 year olds will be texting their fingers bloody to vote for the "cute guy"!! The show's slide into oblivion started last season with the first mentor being Myley Cyrus!! PLEASE.... My cats sound better caterwauling then she does!!

Mandy

No. 14 - I totally agree with what you said. HOwever, since the demographics of the show is mainly 11 to 16 year olds, they won't get having someone like Tyler as a judge. They'll be asking their parents who the "old guy" is!!

missy

What do I think? I think, "dude looks like a lady"...

jacc1515

At least Lopez is easy on the eyes. This freak is not only a talentless hack- he looks like a freaking ape!

Violette-Blue

I stopped watching this boring a$$ show years ago. It's horrible. Now that Steven Tyler's fug mug is on it I will be surprised if any of the remaining fans will watch. I met him years ago and he was the nastiest person. Not nice at all.

electriczipper

isnt he dead??

Mike

An obvious desperation move. Time to sit back and watch this crappy show crumble.

Bill F. Murray

@jacc1515-

"Talentless hack"??? Are you 12 years old, or grow up in a vaccuum where you've never heard of a little band named AEROSMITH?

Googie

Steven, if you have any pull, please don't pick Jennifer Lopez as 3rd judge. If she's a judge, I won't watch.

Wishes

He looks like the walking dead!!

steventylerocks

wooooooooooo the happiest day of my life! I love you Steven sooooo much! just saw them in Irvine the 29th and they were amazing and better than the 70's and 80's! TO THE PRODUCERS AT AMERICAN IDOL I LOVE YOU AND I AM DEFINITELY WATCHING NO MATTER WHAT!!!! BUT PLZ LEAVE JLO OUT OF THIS!

Klipper

Why the hell would a rock legend like Steven Tyler agree to judge a crappy amateur karaoke show? They must have thrown a boatload of money at him.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments