'Queer as Folk' Star -- Lifesaving Maneuvers at LAX

8/5/2010 11:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Comedian Hal Sparks -- who starred on "Queer As Folk" -- may have literally breathed life back into a complete stranger last night ... by performing CPR on a man who collapsed at LAX airport.

0805_hal_sparks_Getty_EXD_01
According to a person on scene, a man between the age of 60 and 70 toppled over in the Delta terminal at around 11 PM last night.

We're told Hal rushed to the man's aid and began performing mouth-to-mouth, while a woman performed chest compressions. Medical aid showed up shortly after and the man was taken away.

Hal Tweeted after the incident, saying, "Just did CPR for the 3rd time in my life. What a night ... When they took him away he was breathing on his own ... Hope he makes it."

Hal later added, "Everybody NEEDS to take a CPR class. Out of 200 people only 2 of us new [sic] CPR ... okay enough preaching ... I need a nap."

CubanB

Does that make the 70 year old guy gay now?

Texas Gal

To #12....."The DEAD guy better be tested for aids." Geez, what an idiot!

Rachie

Yay Michael! All that fantasizing about Brian Kinney finally paid off!

Monica

TJ, I just got my CPR certification and we did need to know mouth to mouth. In my state, it is necessary.

Way to go Hal! I have been a major fan of his since "Talk Soup."

alyx

Hal is a hero. It is amazing that he would do this for someone else. Very compassionate.

Emily

Way to go Hal! You've always been a favorite and you've really done yourself proud.

Mike

2 out of 200 was simply chosen because there were about 200 people around, and only 2 of them knew CPR. Simple as that.

My two cents ;)

Now that is one celeb that I'd love to get CPR from...HOT GUY!

Janet

CONGRATULATIONS HAL! I hope you're around if I ever needed CPR!

ray

Hal, ahs a great career now, he's just not on TV. He's doing Radio. and just because a Guy plays a Gay Character on TV it doesn't make him Gay. News flash - HAL SPARKS IS NOT GAY!

Kelly

Great job Hal! Not many would do that. I absolutely adore you!!

LaToya Jackson

I love Hal .. I wish he would go out to me

philk0731

zzziiiipppp...Hey, that's not my mouth!!!!

Greg

New recommendations promote a compressions-only course of action. As far as administering CPR goes, it turns out that it's far more important to keep the blood flowing than it is to waste time trying to oxygenate the blood.

Lainie

This man saves someones life and some of the posters find the need to criticize ...Aids, spelling, 2 out of 200 instead of 1 out of 100 and on and on...

..how about staying with the thought of someone stepping in and doing the right thing?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments