« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Roger Huerta on Street Fight - 'I Got the Better of Him'

8/5/2010 2:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ just spoke with Roger Huerta -- the former UFC fighter involved in a bloody street fight in Texas this weekend -- who tells us he only got violent ... after the other guy swung at him.

080510_roger_huerta
In a phone conversation just moments ago, Huerta told us he tried to remain calm early Saturday morning when he watched some random "huge guy" punch a girl in the head in the middle of the street ... explaining, “I just don’t think that it's right to hit a woman.  Period.”

Huerta tells us, "I approached the man calmly and said, “Do you know what you just did?  You just knocked out this girl."

But Huerta claims the other guy responded, "F*ck you, f*ck these bitches, I'll knock out any f*ckin' bitch that I wanna f*ckin' knock out, I’ll knock your f*cking bitch ass out.”

Huerta added, "... and as he's saying this, he's taking off his shirt ... and at that point I was like, alright.'"

Huerta insists that he didn't throw the first punch -- and only reacted when the other guy "started swinging at me" ... and we all know what happened next.

"I got the better of him and I left," Huerta said.

The 27-year-old explained, "If that was my mom, if that was my sister, my spouse, anyone … I would’ve wanted someone to step in and do something about it.”

0805_huerta_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Rick

Roger is more interesting than that Dos Equis guy!

hmmm strange

Antwone = woman beater

shelley

To #85 - Antwone

You are soooooooo wrong. I don't give a rats ass what color you or he or they are. Huerta wasn't looking for a fight..he was just standing there. You don't sucker punch another person!!!! If you really think they wronged you, face them man to man and deal with it. Punching a girl like that guy did was wrong in every sense. He was a coward! nothing else to say. White black asian pink or freaking purple, he deserved someone stepping up to him.

Why do I have the feeling your the kind of guy that would keep beating the woman on the ground rather than manning up?

LP

People ALWAYS have to pull the race card... Doesn't matter what color you are. If you deserve an ass whopping then you deserve one. Keep ur hands to your self and no body gets hurt. Talk **** to me and threaten me after I ask "WTF" and yes it will go down as well. All these whiny bitches commenting how he's a trained fighter and pull the race card etc is BS. I saw no octagon there? Just a big dude that thought he could hit whoever he wanted. Criminal charges should be brought against the man for hitting a woman. Or leave it as street justice as he got beat down like the bitch he really is. I didn't see Roger going to the "original fight" that broke out just stepped in when the big ass man hit a chick. If that was my chick that got knocked out bet that dude would of had a broken face as well.

Rick

Antwone is just not that interesting; may need help from the Dos Equis guy, although I think the Dos Equis guy may bitch slap Antwone first for being a woman beater

coco

who are all these people on here acting like it is okay to hit a woman if she "deserved it"!? get a clue. it is NOT okay to hit a woman. that's like saying a woman is asking for it if she wears sexy clothing. wtf. good for him for beating the crap out of the loser. the issues that dude must have with women are clear if he felt the need to sucker bunch a girl in the back of the head. he should take his anger/female and whatever other issues and figure out why he is so f'ed up that he has to act like that.

no you are wrong and I am right

you are wrong and I am right, Acting tough behind a computer. What a loser. You're probably one of those idiots who thinks because you work out you can go up against a MMA fighter.

Kris

I guess you could say Roger put a huerta on that s***bag cheapshot artist. Then he told Roger he'd knock him out too, that's hilarious! so glad Roger was there in the middle of this.

Rob Deezy

Yeah mang, what day don cho is dat when dis foo left he came up on me because I was slappin dem ho's too and when he tried to pull some jiu jitsu crap on me I pulled out my 9mm and dat lil taco foldin mofo ran faster than carl lewis n ****.

TMZgossip

@by Antwone

it astounds me that you are capable (and able) to get more and more idiotic with every post you make!!!

keep up the good work, i enjoy laughing at you

Little Lisa

Roger - PLEASE come back to Minnesota! We miss you! Texans carry guns but your bare knuckles are exactly the type of immediate victim restitution that this state needs. Keep the hat, but leave the shirts in Texas – you will dramatically improve the scenery in the cities with your beautiful body. Also, don’t let anyone fool you – your chivalrous actions are precisely what this country needs.

Miss Tila Chlamydia OMGPOW!

I saw the vid a few times. I'm still on the fence. What compelled that black dude to sucker punch that chick in the back of her head?

Who really knows unless witnesses were there to verify or refute these allegations.

If everyone claims that Huerte was shirtless when he KTFO'd the bloke, then why did I see (towards the end of the vid) him coming to ensure that the ****er was okay? Unless it was a different shirtless bloke?

Miss Tila Chlamydia OMGPOW!

Either way, Huerta did what ALL my male friends would have done in that situation. So, kudos.

alex

How could people say he should of mind his business. If a child or woman are in trouble people should be able to help. He hit a woman from behind and he deserved to get hit back. You heard what he said; "I'll knock out any bitch I want" and "**** this bitches"! Besides being a coward he's a monster. Shame on his "MOM" who raised him!!! Thank you Roger for helping a woman you are trully a MAN. Your mom raised you well. And regardles if that woman did or said something to deserve this he should of walked away. That's what a real man does.

lamebookpro

@ you are wrong and I am right - **** you. you punk bitch. Huerta would probably have you sobbing in 12 secs