Conrad Murray Wrongful Death Suit Tossed ... Almost

8/6/2010 7:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Conrad Murray could be temporarily off the hook in the federal wrongful death lawsuit involving Michael Jackson -- all because Joe Jackson left some key information out of the paperwork.

0807_murray_jackson_EX
TMZ has learned a federal judge is taking Jackson and his attorney Brian Oxman to task for failing to specify where two of the defendants -- health clinics where Dr. Murray practiced -- conduct their business.  Without that information the judge can't determine if the federal court has jurisdiction over the case.

The judge has given Jackson one week to amend the complaint or have the suit tossed.

Even if this case is dismissed, Dr. Murray might not be fully in the clear. Jackson has a lot of options -- including refiling the federal suit with Murray as the lone defendant.

FlowerPower

Hahaa Mimi
Kim, there is Related Articles MORE FROM TMZ above Reader Comments
You can find any relating articles from there.

kim

Wonder if tmz did the search box thing on purpose. just to piss people off.

mat

The naming of the two clinics as well as the M.D. must having something to do with Jackson getting more money out of the suit.
It should be a felony to be Joe Jackson or Michael Lohan.

Mimi from Indy

Flower ~ How right you are! Bingo. I guess that is how we will just have to do our new searches. But or me the first thing I do is sign on to TMZ and look to see if anything new has turned up.

Grump

UPDATE 2:10 PM PT: The federal court clerk says they just kicked the lawsuit back to Joe's attorney Brian Oxman because there's a "mistake" in the paperwork. So it will have to be refiled. Oops.

UPDATE 3:00 PM PT: Everything is in order and the lawsuit has been filed again.

Guess TMZ wasn't specific on what "mistake" that was they had to correct. Wonder why if they saw the first "mistake" they didn't check for other mistakes on the paper work.

P.S. Thanks Flower Power (FP) for that link.

DP

Ok, Goodnight!

-.-zZzZzZ

Ginger

I don't understand why everyone wants to blame a dr when someone famous dies. If I'm not mistaken, MJ willingly took the drugs and most likely told the dr if he didn't get them, he'd go where he could. People die. People who take harsh drugs die quicker. Joe Jackson needs to get a job and quit living off his son even in death.

Mimi from Indy

Hey Grump
Meant to say hello earlier. How are You? Other than pissed?

kim

I don't understand why everyone wants to blame a dr when someone famous dies
Posted at 3:48 PM on Aug 6, 2010 by Ginger

Well I think the reason is that a comptenent (sp) doctor would not have gave a person profopol and than just walk out of the room with no one or nothing monitoring him. thats why

kim

and sorry to the above poster if i sounded pissy but that is just how i feel about murray. nothing again you

rip mj

Mimi from Indy

Posted at 3:46 PM on Aug 6, 2010 by danger baby

Danger ~ You know that you and I think alike. No problem. Hope to see you again soon

FlowerPower

Posted at 3:48 PM on Aug 6, 2010 by Ginger
Anyone want to take this, I'm going to scream?

Grump

Hey MFI-

I am okay other than pissed..lol.. thanks for asking! I hope all is well with you!

~You go Danger Baby!!

Mimi from Indy

Thanks for asking Grump. All is well for the time being. Till the next fire I need to put out and I never know. lol

Grump

Ginger-

Please we have enough BRAIN DEAD people commenting on here!