Conrad Murray Wrongful Death Suit Tossed ... Almost

8/6/2010 7:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Conrad Murray could be temporarily off the hook in the federal wrongful death lawsuit involving Michael Jackson -- all because Joe Jackson left some key information out of the paperwork.

0807_murray_jackson_EX
TMZ has learned a federal judge is taking Jackson and his attorney Brian Oxman to task for failing to specify where two of the defendants -- health clinics where Dr. Murray practiced -- conduct their business.  Without that information the judge can't determine if the federal court has jurisdiction over the case.

The judge has given Jackson one week to amend the complaint or have the suit tossed.

Even if this case is dismissed, Dr. Murray might not be fully in the clear. Jackson has a lot of options -- including refiling the federal suit with Murray as the lone defendant.

Mimi from Indy

Grump ~ So then you saw how dilapidated Gary is. No wonder Joe wanted the family out of that environment. There has always been gangs etc there.

iFart

Joe has my support 100%. He's like a pitbull with a bone, and if anyone can nail Murray (and bring to light any others involved) then it's Joe. You've got to admire the man - he's getting so old now, and yet still fighting! If anyone can get true justice for MJ then it is Joe Jackson.
If he makes some money along the way - whats the probem with that? I would rather the cash be in Joe's pocket than in Murrays (or in Branca and McClaines for that matter).

Posted at 4:04 PM on Aug 6, 2010 by Brigha from UK

___________________________________

I completely agree with you Brigha!

For some reason when I first saw the photos of Joe and Murray, I thought it was a "Who'd You Rather?" poll.....LOL, yuck!!!

FlowerPower

I'm reading Joe's book in Jetzi, might change my mind of him or maybe not. Its not fully uploaded there yet, first chapters only. They did have harsh life there in Gary.

Grump

I said the same thing MFI, I really can't blame Joe and how desperate he was in getting them out. You know many comments on here and others told me to stay away cause of how bad it is out there, I really wanted to be there and have a true sense of how MJ lived and you kind of get the understanding of why Joe was so tough on "The J5".

What gets me is all those tolls on my way there! lol!!

FlowerPower

Had to bring this here, too good to miss.

Posted at 4:05 PM on Aug 6, 2010 by Phantom of the Opera

Elsie

I believe they had one year to file from MJ's death.

mamyq9

TMZ for the love of GOD.... STOP with the Conrad Murray stories!!! NO ONE CARES ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!

Grump

Flower Power (FP)-

Read that also on Joe and thought it was just me that couldn't read the rest of the chapters. I also had a tad change of heart on Joe but my father has many similarities to Joe and that's where I can understand some of MJ's resentments.

Sonicman

MJ

Lee lee

Posted at 4:04 PM on Aug 6, 2010 by Brigha from UK

___________________________________

I completely agree with you Brigha!

Posted at 4:13 PM on Aug 6, 2010 by iFart

Hi Brigha
I'm on board with you...Joe has done some stupid ass things in the past and I don't condone any of them, however I agree in the sense that If its gonna take Joe going after Murray like a pitball to get some kind of justice ( because, lets face it , Murray was negligent beyond belief)than I'm all for that.
I think this has more to do with holding Murray accountable for the death of his son more than it has to do with just doing it for the sake of money.
I say "good luck Joe ".

fred

Michael's suicide is sad but there is a 95% of homosexuals are suicides. That why Dr Murry will walk free.

Phantom of the Opera

Thanks FlowerPower

Brigha from UK

38. If MJ wanted him to have something (which he didn't), he would have made arrangements for him in his will - same goes for his siblings!

Posted at 3:59 PM on Aug 6, 2010 by Pegasus
______________________________________

During the Neverland search the police turned up a letter from Dr. Farshian(?) detailing MJs addiction to Demerol and offering rehab using an alternative, non-addictive medication.

My point is that this letter and the will were written in the same week!

So, we can assume that MJs addiction had reached such catastrophic proportions at that time that he actually sought help. In addition, remember that Demerol, unlike Propofol, has psychoactive effects.

Therefore, can we assume that MJ was lucid or rational when that will was made?

I find it difficult to believe that MJ would deliberately seek to leave his own father penniless in old age. Quite simply, I do not think that MJ was that vindictive!

I know Michaels relationship with his father was difficult at times, (especially when MJ was a kid) but there is plenty of evidence to suggest that they did reconcile to some extent, and I believe that MJ became more accepting of his father after he had his own children.

Relationships between parents and children are often complex - but Joe was still his father, and, lets face it, without Joes harsh parenting methods, there would probably be no J5.