Fantasia Barrino -- Overdose Confirmed

8/10/2010 4:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fantasia Barrino's rep has officially confirmed reports that the "American Idol" champ was rushed to a North Carolina hospital last night after a "medication overdose."

0810_fantasia_EX_Getty_03

UPDATE: Fantasia's manager says the singer is in stable condition.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

Spoon

EVERYONE HAS SO MUCH TO SAY AS IF THERE PERFECT, SHE MADE A MISTAKE HOW HARSH IS THAT N I BET THE INDIVIDUALS THATS SAYING ALL THIS FOOLOISHNESS R BITTER IN THEIR OWN IGNORANT WORLD.. HAD SHE NOT BEEN FAMOUS THIS WOULDN'T EVEN BE N ISSUES.. I LOVE YOU REGARDLESS N LOOKIN FORWARD TO YOUR ALBUM..

Marlene

How fudging cruel some of you people are!, don't know all of the facts but here you go with your judgment.. half of you probably had an affair or was hoping like hell to have one, or just old
hags, sitting around passing judgment on everybody and anybody..
Get a fudging life.. Good luck with whatever you do Fantasia
I love the new CD

angie

this is going to sound a little over board but may be not to some
Suppose the wife and the husband set this whole thing up !
He seduces fantasia or she gets in a relationship with him and then his "wife" finds out supposedly (maybe she knew may be she didnt) but when she found out she says well Im going to cash in on it so she sues fantasia and he has a sex tape though I havent seen it... he makes one with her and then after they get the money .. he goes back to wifey
Dont get me wrong she was stupid for having the affair but I think this is what is going on

cocoapuff

There could be more to the story SUPPOSE she was given a drink also with something in it and suppose he is far SMARTER than Fantasia. FANTASIA needs to take a step back and try to remember what is really going on. If he goes back to wife anytime After a lawsuit is settled, Fantasia has been CONNED and can file a LAWSUIT against the TWO for CONSPIRACY as in CONNED. She has fallen for Con Artists. Fantasia barely learned to read and well, could be a lot of things she did not know like STREET KNOWLEDGE. Common Street knowledge cannot be learned in school because it is REALITY and What's really happening NOW and how to Survive and the right things to say. If she had STREET KNOWLEDGE she would of knew there are con artists that are out to screw anything in a skirt! ALL FOR THE MONEY!

Sonya Squires

Hello i am just seeing if you are better now god bless and keep on looking up things will work itself out for you!!!

tacha

Fantasia I have watched you since American Idol and was one of the many who continue to vote for you. You can't choose who you love, but if it makes you feel that leaving your child and your family and going to hell, he is not worth it. I understand your pain, but keep your eyes and heart focused on the prize. Keep your head up. I still love you.

tara

What is wrong with Fantasia? First of all, she should not have knowingly gotton involved with a MARRIED MAN. Wheter he says he is seperated, HE WAS STILL MARRIED. I was a fan of Fantasia, not any more. I thought she was stronger than what she has displayed. Why was she not thinking of her daughter. No I do not feel sorry for Fantasia. Im sorry but she is a dumb, weak individual. I have lost all respect for her.

used2liveINXS

TMZ, WHERE is the FOLLOW-UP? Am I just missing something?

As for the comments, look... what woman hasn't been lied to by a man about his relationship or marital status? Just saying, if you don't know the real deal... I fell in love with Fantasia during American Idol. Heartbreaking to hear she attempted suicide... HOWEVER, I have NEVER known anyone to attempt suicide, go to the hospital and NOT end in in a 72 hour hold (5150), at the very least. What's up with this? Why is she making appearances and talking to the press...what?...two days later??? I just don't know what that means. Even if she admitted to doing for attention... I've seen teens on 5250s for downing Tylenol (BAD move that), admittedly for attention or to incite guilt. Ideas? Really. I'm at a loss on this one.

cheria

Wow... All these perfect people on here have a lot to say. Of course you all never made a mistake. The mean things you are saying are wrong,God is the only one who can judge.

Sonya Squires

Hello i have been so busy but i am glad to know that all is well with you i can't wait until your new movie come out soon your new cd is great!!!!!!!!

TAMIE MOFFETT

HEY TASIA HOPE U R DOIN OK,,I WAS N DA HOSPITAL SOME WEEKS AGO FOR TAKING N OVERDOSE...I HAVE DID IT THREE TIMES,,,BUT AFTER ALL THAT THINGS STILL DIDN'T CHANGE.SO I ASK GOD TO CONTINUE TO WALK WITH ME N MY FOUR KIDS, AS A SINGLE MOM THINGS CN GET ROUGH SUMTIME....I KNOW U ARE A VERY BUSY WOMAN AND HAS A LIFE N PROMBLEMS OF UR OWN,I DON'T WANT NONE FRM U BUT TO BE A PENPAL AND OPEN EARS AND A SHOULDER TO CRY ON FRM TIME TO TIME,,I CAN TELL U MY LIFE BUT I KW U MAY NOT GET DIS BUT EVERYTHING IS WORTH A TRY N BY WATCHN U AND ALL U DO,,,U TAUGHT ME TO NEVA GIVE UP....

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11