Fantasia Barrino -- Overdose Confirmed

8/10/2010 4:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fantasia Barrino's rep has officially confirmed reports that the "American Idol" champ was rushed to a North Carolina hospital last night after a "medication overdose."

0810_fantasia_EX_Getty_03

UPDATE: Fantasia's manager says the singer is in stable condition.

Cheryl

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

StarryStarryNight

So sad. I hope she will be ok. I don't remeber so much hate when Angelina Jolie was sleeping with Brad when he was a married man and not seperated. I guess Fantasia better start taking pictures with orphans.

Posted at 1:31 PM on Aug 10, 2010 by Kim

lol!!

Tracie

She's got a child - what is she thinking? No amount of bad press is worth trying to end it all. Hope she receives help.

Andolini

Squeeky.. Y go there.. Y bring race into this...if anything it's BECAUSE she is black that she didn't some of the breaks the others got..plus both people you mentioned don'T have kids yet...(Hopefully soon) and when they do..let's just see how long they stay out of the business.. You need to check yourself..This someones daughter, mother, sister, aunt, friend... so chill...on the hating..

Gail Vanegas

We all have sin and fall short..judge not that you won't be judged..in stead of calling names like children do and judging ,you need to keep her uplifted in prayer..this is really bothersome when you read post almost like hate..God whatever you are doing in this season don't forget about ALL that are judging and Fantasia<3

hope

Its not possible for a woman to steal anyone husbands, We are all born with the freedom of choice, plus fantasia has no loyalty to this man wife, why is no-one blaming the husband, he is the one that have broken his vows, not fantasia.

SHANTELA

fantasia, life goes on. no man is worth your life.. you have a beautiful daughter and life live it.. you worked so hard to get this far.. dont let one mistake dictate your destiny.. you are a womann of faith, stand up repent, and go on.. GOD IS YOUR JUDGE, SCREW WHAT THE WORLD SAY CAUSE YOU LIVE IN THE PUBLIC EYE OTHERS DONT SO WE DONT KNOW WHAT THEY DO!!! LOVE YOU AND GET BETTER!!!

babygirl

Sad to hear of her medical condition, however, i always thought she had class. Trying to take a married man with children away from their mother is just trashy!!!Shame on You!!!!!

SHANTELA

not color, nor fame, nor the mistake is more important than the fact that it bothered her enough to attempt to take her own life!! I myself have just gone through this (husband cheating) however, never would I wish any harm to another HUMAN BEING!! yes the couple will need help, I dont know if there is a chance for their marriage but they will still need to deal with their issues. It's funny how all the blame go on the other woman. Yes she should have value and morals however WE ARE ALL HUMAN AND MAKE MISTAKES, LEARN FROM IT AND MOVE ON. THE BIGGER ISSUE IS THAT THERE WAS A PROBLEM WAY BEFORE FANTASIA CAME ALONG.. ITS CALLED COMMUNICATION.. PRAY FOR FANTASIA CAUSE RIGHT NOW SHE NEEDS IT!!!!!! THESE COMMENTS SHOW HOW CRUEL AND HEARTLESS PEOPLE HAVE BECOME AND FORGIVENESS IS HERS FOR THE TAKING CAUSE HER FATHER IN HEAVEN WILL DO JUST THAT BUT, HATE,ENVY,JEALOUSY,ETC... ARE ALSO REASONS TO REPENT AS WELL. ONETHING SHE HAS ON HER SIDE IS A PRAYING FAMILY.. PRAY ON PRAYERS.. AMEN LOVE YA TASIA GET BETTER AND LET GOD FIGHT THIS ONE YOU WILL BE VICTORIOUS!!!!

Whatever

Is this over the Verizon store guy? Seriously? Nancy Grace was going OFF on this last night as I was going to bed. Really? Someone had an affair and in that state, the wronged spouse can sue for alienation of affection. BFD. Such a SNOOZE story.

Desa

I think I had a parrot mimick me.

hope

Pls STFU and leave the girl alone.. and go and sort out your sorry life, all u haters.

GramtoTed

Dwyane Kirk (#12) I totally agree with you.Too add, you can't steal anyone from whomever if they are not willing to go. Been there with other woman and my husband having an affair. I didn't want him, therefore, it was easy for him to go. I am truly grateful to her for the affair, and thanked her, Now my headache is hers.

Go ahead, throw the first stone, I dare you, shame on you all. Fantasia, you were wrong, but I do not wish any harm to you. Fantasia, live for you daughter darling.

Tres

"21 u have some nerve and kelly clarkson doesn't scream? okay whatever. Fantasia is talented and yes she made some mistakes that she w"

EXACTLY! FANTASIA IS AN AMAZING TALENT. DON'T GET ME WRONG,I LIKE KELLY CLARKSON,BUT SHE SCREAMS AS WELL. DON'T GET ME STARTED ON CARRIE UNDERWOOD. PLUZZEEEEEE. SHE SINGS COUNTRY. YOU JUST HAVE TO BE PRETTY AND BLONDE AND YOU'VE MADE IT. IT'S THE EASIEST GENRE TO BREAK THROUGH-UNLIKE R&B.

Jason

Chicago radio is reporting that she died.