Fantasia -- Police Report Cites 'Suicide' Attempt

8/10/2010 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The police who responded to Fantasia Barrino's home last night were told the "American Idol" champ had attempted to commit suicide by ingesting pills ... this according the police report obtained by TMZ.

0810_Fantasia_getty_bn_06

According to the report, cops received a 911 call at 10:13 PM last night  ... and responded to Fantasia's home in North Carolina.

Once they arrived on the scene, they listed her injury as "serious" and then transported her to a local hospital.

Sandra

Way to go TMZ!! You are always first and reliable with your info!! Seems like Fantasia had a chance to better her life thanks to winning idol. I don't think she has the smarts to do so. Taking an overdose is not an adult way to handle things and what about her daughter!!

Christopher

Paul Frank should sue her for copying that face.

Teeny

I can't believe the comments I am hearing on hear. What has this world come to for folks to talk down at someone who is troubled? How would you feel if it was you or one of your family members folks was on hear talking about? And some of you are calling Fantasia ugly LOL half of you probably don't look like like beauty queens yourself. What nerve.

Ladyhome

Has anyone considered that she may have been setup...the married man will benefit from the lifestyle that may be gained by his wife's lawsuit....Fantasia has been played the old fashioned way...hopefully she will get it all back...and learn not to trust any man that is not honest from the start...

idk

WOW. ill never sleep with a married man again. LMAO jk

Robert

Who made the call? Most likely trying to pimp a dying career...

B-Nice

Really! Now is all that name calling necessary? I have nothing to say about her appearance nor daughter. I do however, do not agree with her choice of sleeping with a married man. I am sure she regrets this choice and so who am I to judge. Best wishes to her! I am a bit biased because its funny how I could wish Fantasia the best, but totally disagree with A. Keyes choices....

katina riles

i hope the best 4 her n her family wateva she is stress about is not worth take ur life hope she will get it 2 gather 4 her baby

Cali MJ Fan

TMZ,

If she was upset and so distraught that she attempted suicide over the previous media reports of her relationship-- then what do you think she is going to feel or do with all the individual reports you are putting up about her and her alleged suicide attempt.

I think you said it all the first time and with the rep's statement. Enough already. This is a young girl's life that is in trouble... trouble enough she thought ending it was the way to go.

Please be responsible.

Melissa

Almost losing your house and then getting caught on a sex tape and called out took it's toll I guess!

Tess

All you PRAISE THE LORD people are retarded. This has nothing to do with God. It has to do with a woman who chose to look the other way when a man fed her a story; they're both at fault. And Fantasia is a pathological liar anyway.

"I don't know him" BS
"I know him but we're just friends" BS
"He's my boyfriend but he's not with his wife" BS

She also looks like a lamprey eel in that photo. Ick.

anna

who called 911?

anna

who called 911 ?

alisa fisher

It sickens me that even when someone tries to commit suicide people have the nerve to post such cruel comments. It doesn't matter if your a fan or not. If you can't say anything nice, SHUT UP!! My prayers really go out to her. To turn to suicide for the answer means she really needs help. Hopefully the story is false.

rashod

fantasia baby im praying for you keep ya head up love ur too beautiful to be stressing no matter what the situation is just remember to put god first in all things u do love ya tasia