Michael Jackson -- Resurrected by Cali Swag District

8/11/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Cali Swag District -- the rap group behind the mega-hit song "Teach Me How to Dougie" -- has recruited an ultra-special guest star to sing on their new single ... the one and only Michael Jackson.

Michael Jackson Swag

CSD tells TMZ they went through all the proper steps to obtain clearance to sample MJ's 1972 hit "I Wanna Be Where You Are" ... for their new song, "Where You Are."

In fact, CSD is debuting the song right here on TMZ -- click here to check it out.

FYI -- Cali Swag District will be in the office for TMZ Live today at 1:30 PM PST ... so make sure to come back and check it out!

shao

wow, it's nice nice!!!

Michael Marshall

It's ok, but Murs had a song utilizing that Jackson 5 sample better two years ago.

Karolina

Wake up Michael, wake up ;)

Karolina

TONI

MISS MICHAEL SOOOOO MUCH!!!
I WISH HE WAS STILL HERE WITH US!

HE WAS SO VERY SPECIAL!!!
A TRUE TALENT and INSPIRATION TO MANY on this earth!

I would have rather not have heard RAP mixed up with this classic song, but I wish these young fellas well. At least they are being respectful and not talking about sex or calling women B's and hoes. ugh

MJJ LOVE

Chris

**NO MORE MICHAEL JACKSON NEWS! NO MORE MICHAEL JACKSON NEWS!
**HARVEY LEVIN IS OBSESSED!! HARVEY LEVIN IS OBSESSED!!
**NO MORE MICHAEL JACKSON NEWS! NO MORE MICHAEL JACKSON NEWS!
**READERS DON'T CARE! READERS DON'T CARE! READERS DON'T CARE!
**NO MORE MICHAEL JACKSON NEWS! NO MORE MICHAEL JACKSON NEWS!
**MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD! MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD!
**NO MORE MICHAEL JACKSON NEWS! NO MORE MICHAEL JACKSON NEWS!
**TMZ, FOCUS ON THE LIVING! TMZ, FOCUS ON THE LIVING!

shanwalk72

* I * LOVE * IT *

dominic

you guys sucks if u really dont have anything to do,look for ur own and sing, than bringin shame and disgrace to a legend's hit track. i dont blame you guys,lack of handwork the devils mine.

DOM

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DROP THE REAL NEWS ?
THE SOONER THE BETTER
LOL

janalal4

A...huh...

Okay, at the risk of sounding critical, I love rap but hate it when rap songs 'rip off' older, classics & use snipets of either the lyrics or the rhythm within the rap song. I know y'all know what I mean. It screams 'UNORIGINAL' to me & I just feel like if a rap artist has talent then they can certainly come up with a totally original song of their own. But hey, that's just 'me' so...there's that! lol!

Otherwise, as always I love hearing MJ's pure, clear, sweet voice in ANYTHING & if this song is meant to be an MJ 'tribute' piece then good for Cali Swag but if it's simply a cheap way to get their name out there(since I've never heard of them but that doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot) then it's just WRONG, WRONG, WRONG:)

janalal4

Nice to see many 'new' posters here. Always amazes me just how many fans(AND critics) MJ had out there in the world:)

natasha

Why can't they just leave MJ alone? --- for the sake of those of us who are tired of his fanatic fans

------------------------

Yet you click on the story and take your time to comment... people are you being forced to read MJ news...NO!!!!!! if you don't care for Michael Jackson then use some common sense snd DO NOT READ ABOUT MJ! he has thousands no MILLIONS of people who still do care baout him and want to read about him so stop whining.

Chic

I love this song Michael was a musical genius! I hope this is
meant to be a tribute piece then I can say well done Cali Swag,
but I have never heard of them if it's good and a tribute piece
I well say well done. Love You Forever Michael,RIP Michael.

Alkistis

Welcome back, Michael Jackson!!!

musiqbiz

OMG! MJ would be turning in his grave if he heard that bull****... so lame that some average rappers need to use Mike just to try and get noticed on a bigger scale.... the original version was fine on its own... unless you're really gonna come with it - with something that can enhance it then don't bother... save it for karaoke night!

ohreally

how the hell these wack asses get a MJ clearance?