Michael Jackson -- Resurrected by Cali Swag District

8/11/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Cali Swag District -- the rap group behind the mega-hit song "Teach Me How to Dougie" -- has recruited an ultra-special guest star to sing on their new single ... the one and only Michael Jackson.

Michael Jackson Swag

CSD tells TMZ they went through all the proper steps to obtain clearance to sample MJ's 1972 hit "I Wanna Be Where You Are" ... for their new song, "Where You Are."

In fact, CSD is debuting the song right here on TMZ -- click here to check it out.

FYI -- Cali Swag District will be in the office for TMZ Live today at 1:30 PM PST ... so make sure to come back and check it out!

meowstermeowmeowwoof

lmao ahhaha.a cool. My friend and I were talking bout them a couple of days ago.

Bill F. Murray

More evidence of the waning originality of artists these days.

Anyone remember the movie "Demolition Man", where the music on the radio was all old tv commercial jingles? That's where we're headed thanks to lip-synch, auto-tune, and "sampling".

mymjj5

The song makes me think of the Jackson's saturday morning cartoon. The music is great. MJ's voice kinda sticks out a little too much IMO. I think they should release two versions. one version with some toned down WOESSSSZZ....Woe on the Whoooahasss. I think the young people will love it eventually. Just work out dem whoooahoawasssszzzz!

Love ya MJ!
Love original J5 music FOREVER!

lankandiva

beLIEve..luvin the headline TMZ keep it up..roflmfao...

one love Sri Lanka..love you more MJ

Kimberly W.

OK .... Its Kool...... Fresh sound and I like how it is a younger Michael sound.... GO!!! Cali Swag District !!!!
NICE HIT!!!!!

Dea

Yeah, "Resurrected". Now we're waiting for you to 'snap your fingers'... : )

Love You More.

4everMJ

********* VOTE FOR MICHAEL JACKSON!*********

blogspot

mysteria333

GOOD MORNING MICHAL...I LOVE YOU...SAID A SPECIAL PRAYER FOR YOU THIS MORNING..SO YOU ARE COVERED...REST AND HEAL AND EVERYTHING ELSE WILL FALL INTO PLACE....A TRUE FRIEND

Dea

Yeah, "Resurrected", and we are here waiting for you just 'snap your fingers'... : )

Love You More.

Audie

LOVE IT!!
Long live the Greatest Entertainer of ALL time!!

MichaelJACKSON

What, executors are selling MJ songs to anyone now?

STOP CHEAPING MJ LEGACY!!!!!!!!

Karolina

Mike, did You wake up or still sleeping? ;)

Have a wonderful day :*

Karolina

Shamone'

I was a kid just like Michael when this song came out and there was something about it that always made me sad. I don't know why.

mymjj5

I'm not sure, but does "I wanna be where you are" fall under the old motown machine of writers? MJ and his siblings were not allowed to write any of their recorded songs while at the label. If memory serves me right, I don't think J5 were allowed to play any instruments at Motown either. An in house band was used.....the Funk Brothaz.....I think.

mymjj5

i'm not sure, but does "I wanna be where you are" fall under the old motown machine of writers? MJ and his siblings were not allowed to write any of their recorded songs while at the label. if memory serves me right, i don't think J5 were allowed to play any instruments at Motown. An in house band was used.....the Funk Brothaz.....in think.