Michael Jackson -- Resurrected by Cali Swag District

8/11/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Cali Swag District -- the rap group behind the mega-hit song "Teach Me How to Dougie" -- has recruited an ultra-special guest star to sing on their new single ... the one and only Michael Jackson.

Michael Jackson Swag

CSD tells TMZ they went through all the proper steps to obtain clearance to sample MJ's 1972 hit "I Wanna Be Where You Are" ... for their new song, "Where You Are."

In fact, CSD is debuting the song right here on TMZ -- click here to check it out.

FYI -- Cali Swag District will be in the office for TMZ Live today at 1:30 PM PST ... so make sure to come back and check it out!

Siggisiss

They All Should Have Big Red Lips.

Posted at 10:39 AM on Aug 11, 2010 by OhWell

So THAT'S what you're dreaming of??? Interesting...

Posted at 10:45 AM on Aug 11, 2010 by moni

Yes, we all know by now what HE is about! Red lips and "banahas" (not MY spelling error - he writes it this way all the time, the pea-brained racist/pedophile.)

moni

Hi Siggisis,
yes, it sounds like two different things which are not really connected.
Nevertheless, I like the these young guys' idea of giving Michael a kind of tribute. Better made that way than singing the entire song by themselves. This would have gone terribly wrong. Nobody can sing, dance and perform MJ-songs but MJ personally! (See Jermy. Sigh.)

Chico

I love this. The mix of the track is not the point. The point is that now millions of teenagers will hear a MJ song they may not have been aware of prior to the release of this rap song mixed with an MJ track. Not only is it a tribute to Michael, but it provides exposure to teenagers who may become lifelong fans of Michael Jackson. Eventually, they may buy Michael's albums which makes money for the estate and therefore, MJ3.

This "Teach Me How To Duggie" song is HOTT within the teenage community. The "Duggie" is a dance my kids do a lot. So imo, these young and impressionable kids will get a taste of the classic Michael Jackson infused into a modern rap song.

Siggisiss

Hi Siggisis,
yes, it sounds like two different things which are not really connected.

Posted at 11:24 AM on Aug 11, 2010 by moni

Posted at 11:31 AM on Aug 11, 2010 by Chico

You are probably both right...

Clvrtalk

This is a saweet balance of how to bring back classic with new - respect!, respect to MJ & Jackson 5, i can't stop playing this track, it's hot!

CloBird

The voice of a young Michael...I liked this treatment!
And the group went through the proper channels to produce their work;well done.

Daphne

I think I will just stick with the original....

Posted at 10:59 AM on Aug 11, 2010 by MiMi

Aww, little MJ was so cute. So, this was how we dressed back in those days. Hahaha. I love the floral prints. No wonder I was called a Flower Child back then. Nice memory. RIP Michael.

Marie

I like the song very much but I wish they would not use Michael's voice too much on the song.The rappers need to sing more and then let MJ sing just a little bit and that way the song will sound more original.

Rochelle

Thanks TMZ for giving us the chance to hear this song! Also, thank you for CONTINUING to cover stories about Michael Jackson. There are millions of MJ fans that DO appreciate you for this no matter what some of the comments say your motives are.

Daphne

Posted at 11:24 AM on Aug 11, 2010 by moni
Posted at 11:31 AM on Aug 11, 2010 by Chico

You are probably both right...

Posted at 11:35 AM on Aug 11, 2010 by Siggisiss

Moni, I agree, no one could replace him. Yes, young people nowadays are being exposed to some of MJ's hits. My son downloaded the Bad remix by a popular French DJ, David Guetta and it was actually pretty good. He played this remix at the house party here with his university friends. Enjoy.

Lee lee

Posted at 12:42 PM on Aug 11, 2010 by Daphne

I don't know about this one Daphne, I'm all for the younger generation embracing Michaels Talent and Music, but some things are better left alone.

This just is another mixed mish mash, They all start sounding the same after awhile. JMO : )

moni

Hi Daphne,
thanks for the David Guetta link – I think I have heard that from my sons' rooms as well! Although I like the original better (of cooourse..) I have to admit that this version doesn't sound too bad (how suitable, lol). And if it helps to keep Michael's music in the younger generation's ears – fine! I think Michael would have liked it. Didn't he from time to time search the co-operation with "newer" stars, for example to integrate some rap in his songs? I can remember his Geraldo-interview when he smilingly said that he of course COULD rap, but someone like 50 Cent would do it way better. He was humble enough to admit that, how likeable!
Nevertheless, my 16 year old – although a big hip hop fan – LOVES "Man in the Mirror". One day he came into the kitchen with his laptop, showed me the video and asked in awe: "Mum, have you ever seen THIS?" Of course I had, but I loved him for that question!

moni

Forgot to say "hi" to you, Lee lee

Chico

PLEASE HELP TO BAN OHWELL FROM TMZ...

REPORT POST #108.

OhWell, I'm done being nice to you. You have lost your mind to post this racist comment in addition to the posts about kids.