Fantasia Barrino

Hospitalized for Overdose

8/10/2010 3:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fantasia Barrino was rushed to a North Carolina hospital last night where she was treated for a "medication overdose," this according to WCNC.com.

0810-fantasia-bn-getty-01
According to the report, Barrino was taken to Carolinas Medical Center-Pineville around 8:55 PM ... the report says her condition was not life-threatening.

According to the report, it's unclear whether the OD was intentional or accidental.

As we previously reported -- Barrino was recently accused of making a sex tape with a married man and destroying his marriage.

Barrino has claimed she is "not responsible" for the deterioration of the marriage.

KooKoo

But, she just got her braces off.

R

The issue I have is that she KNEW he was married. It's one thing to not know but to actually know a man is married and still pursue him is wrong, ESPECIALLY when there are kids involved. Because at the end of the day, the kids had no say in the tearing apart of their lives.

And I blame the husband as well, but women/girls/females have no shame sometimes.

SandyA

The person who really suffers here is her young daughter who needs her mama, not this drama...

Pimp Skinny

Fantasia is a great singer and a nice good women, yall just hating on her, leave her alone! She is my favorite women singer because of her distinct voice! I still love her, get better Fanatasia! God loves you!

Gwen

I hope she is ok...regardless of what she has done....he is without sin on this post cast the first stone..what's wrong with you ignorant ass people..that's a life....

Tj

Joe, use spell check before you call names.. it's not " your a illiterate tramp, can you read yet dummy" it's "you're an illiterate tramp"

mainetmzer

Maybe you guys should leave her alone now. Looks like she is really having a hard time. Have a heart.

WOW

Wow the comments in here are disturbing. KARMA is a bitch!

Kenny

I am completely amazed by the negative comments and post on here juding someone when you don't even know all the facts just getting tidbits of information is just extremely funny to me! I hope she gets the help that she needs

Darlene

Home wrecker!!!!

Sue

Police calling it a suicide attempt.

Possum

When she was trying to win American Idol, she wanted more than anything to make a good life for her daughter. She may have given her material things, but she still is not providing a good life for her daughter with all this drama.

Taxpayers provided a 'good life' for her daughter via Medicaid/WIC/food stamps. Don't guess she thought to reimburse us by giving money to a local school or high school drop out prevention program-naw,I'm gonna buy me some mansions and some bling!Hand me a cold 40!

M. O.

OMG! My prayers are sent out 2 her and her family!

P.S.--I DON'T GIVE A DAMN IF YA'LL BLAST BACK AT THIS COMMENT OR WHATEVER BUT I KNOW WHAT SHE WENT THROUGH, HOW DARE YA'LL HATE ON FANTASIA. YA'LL DON'T HAVE A HEART, WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS FAMOUS AND SAY:

"god she is so UGLY! she looks like mammy from the south. this bitch has a horrible voice and can't even read!" (YEA HEFFA, I PUT U 2 SHAME)"

AND

"What a transparent attempt to get sympathy. She needs to go. I never did like her. No class." (HELL YEA BASTARD, I PUT U 2 SHAME AS WELL)

YEA I THOUGHT SO!

NEXT TIME THINK BEFORE YOU ACT AND HOPE ALL THE HATED PEOPLE GO TO HELL!!

carla

Please some of you really needs to grew up! I think its a whole bunch of 10 years old up here on this site. What she did was wronge but he was really wronge and she do not deserve to die for that!!!! grew up people!!!!!!!!

Deneen

Why is it that people have to speak so negatively! Let's just hope and pray that she's doing well...After all she is someone's Mother, daughter, sister, friend etc. Would u all like for someone to speak of u this way? And watch as ur love one's read this negative crap. Grow up people and let God do the judging! I may not agree with what the (Tabloids) are saying she's done. But we dont know what happened! There are two sides to every story. And if she's guilty of it then she will definitely have to answer to it! But thru God and God only! So I say this to all u negative, mean & evil people. None of us are perfect...And by calling her names I might add is so juvenile & immature. I suggest u guys pick up a book and read!!! read!!! Spend less time blogging, and maybe this would be a much better world. Focus on ur lives and less on entertainers. Remember their human just like we are!